Chapter Thirty-Eight

Rayne's POV

The next few days few by, the kids loved it here in Russia and I loved having them here, so did Leya. They were a great help at the store and having them there meant that I got to treat Olga to an all expense paid trip out to Italy to see her son. She was thrilled and I really wanted her to enjoy her time off. Today however was the midpoint, the kids had exactly one week left and I wanted to take them around town, go shopping and just do some touristy stuff. The shop was about today so we had no problems with that.

I had them up at nine and after eating breakfast we all headed out into town. I took the kids cards away from them and gave them each seven thousand four hundred rubles which is just a bit more than one hundred us dollars. Me and Illeya took them from shop to shop and after hours of shopping packed all the bags in the back of the car and headed home for the rest of the night. It was a wonderful night, we all sat out with the fire pit burning in front of us and talked and ate for hours. It was nearing eleven pm when my phone rang. It was Rose,

"Hey Rayne, I have some news. You cannot tell the kids under any circumstance okay. This is only for you and Illeya to know." I hummed a yes in response and Rose then continued, "Well, I'm pregnant. The baby somehow survived all of that and we got the final confirmation from the doctor today. I'm having another baby."  Noah appeared alongside her and smiled into the camera.

"Hey Raynie." Noah commented and I smiled, yawning.

"I'm gonna go to bed now Rose, speak to you soon." She nodded and then as I was about to hang up Noah commented,

"Oh and Raynie, don't feel bad about Antonio walking in on you and Illeya, he's accidentally walked in on us many a time." I shook my head, letting out a tired laugh and hanging up. I sat back down and the kids looked up at me anxiously.

"What? I'm not going to tell you what your mom told me. You'll have to wait for your mom and dad to tell yous." Illeya chuckled and I snuggled further into his chest. "Five more minutes then we'll head inside. You all have a big day at work tomorrow." I curled my feet up beneath me and sat there, listening into the kids conversations. I could feel my eye lids becoming heavier and gave into the fatigue that plagued my body.

I was woken at dawn, by a sobbing Samantha. I didn't want to wake Illeya so I headed downstairs with her. I held her hands between my own as we sat on the sofa.

"Hey, what's wrong?What's happening?" I quietly questioned, as he breathing slowed. The tears that fled from her eyes increased and I pulled her into my arms. The poor child.

"My-my boyfriend. I just got a picture from my best friend Amilie, he's cheating on me whilst I'm here." Her sobs intensified and in knew the best thing to do was just hug her. Let her sob it out. "That bastard." She commented before muttering something in rapid Italian. Too fast for me to translate and respond.

"Hey, he definitely didn't deserve you then. You are a wonderful, beautiful, smart, charming girl who has a fantastic life ahead of her. For Gods sake, you're going to law school. Despite our families profession. You are a strong, independent woman who will kick ass and do whatever the fuck she wants. You are not the problem, that piece of shit is." She gave me a weak nod before cuddling up to me. I pulled a throw over the two of us and proceeded to listen to her complaints about that bastard.

"Sam, one word of advice that I can offer having experienced a similar thing is if you don't want him dead, do not tell your father or mother. One of my boyfriends years back cheated on me, he had dad, your mom, dad and Oliver after him. Along with some of dad's advisors at the time. He barely escaped, I luckily found out that they were planning a hit on him and I had to take down the sniper and beg dad to not take any further action." Sam paled slightly as I chuckled at the memory.

"I hope mom and pa aren't like that with him. I hate him, but I don't want him dead." I nodded and then asked,

"Ice cream and romcoms. We can send the boys into work and sit here all day?" She nodded and I went into the kitchen to go get some ice cream. As I was leaving I bumped into Illeya. He pulled me into his arms and led me back into the kitchen.

"What's up, why aren't you in bed?" I sighed and pressed a soft kiss to his cheek.

"Sam's boyfriend cheated on her. She just found out. We're gonna stay home today and I'm just gonna be here for her y'know. Whilst you and the boys go into the bookshop. I think Dario has a crush on that college girl, what's her name. The one whi comes in everyday during her lunch break. The brunette. Ah Kelley, that's her name. I think that he has a crush on her." Illeya chuckled and pressed another soft kiss to my lips.

"If you weren't consoling Sam, I would be very happy to recreate a fantastic scene from fifty shades freed with you right now, but Sam is waiting so. I guess I'll see yous again at seven when I get the boys up." I nodded and pressed a final kiss to his lips and headed into the living room. I handed her the icecream and a spoon. She was very happy to dig in. As Illeya passed behind us Sam remarked quietly,

"Thank you for covering for me at the shop today uncle Leya." Needless to say my heart melted. Uncle Leya. Leya winked and then headed back up to bed to get his last couple of hours of sleep.

"Sam, thank you for accepting Illeya. That means more to me than you could ever know. Since y'know I don't have the parental figures that yous have anymore. It's great to know that you approve of him and like him." Sam smiled and hugged me tightly. A couple of tears spilled from my eyes and I pulled away from her, wiping my eyes.

"Its nothing auntie Rayne. You're awfully emotional, over such a small thing. You're not expecting are you?" I almost snorted with laughter, Sam didn't know the horrible reality of what happened but I wasn't going to tell her. It's not something that I want to throw around.

"No. It's just it means alot to me okay." She nodded and I then proceeded to put on a movie. Today was going to be rather fun, I thought as the movie played quietly infront of us.

...