Chapter Twenty

Rayne's POV

The jet landed on the warm, Sicilian runway and screeched to a halt. Once we had come to a stop, I grabbed my bag and made my way off of the jet, Noah and Rose were just seconds ahead of me. I hung my head low as we walked through the airport, a car was waiting just outside and we got in. Away we went.

I kept my eyes glued to my phone screen, I texted Illeya and told him that I'd landed and we were on our way to Rose and Noah's house. In the thirty minute car ride, my phone buzzed and beeped with endless notifications. Not one was Illeya. We soon arrived at the golden gates of Rose and  Noah's home, I hadn't been here much but damn. This place was more heavily guarded than Buckingham Palace. Noah and Rose made their way through the seemingly never ending driveway until we made it to the front door. A guard opened it and ushered us inside. Within seconds of the door opening, Noah and Rose's kids flooded the entryway waiting to hug their parents. Each child, hugged their parents and then they looked at me expectantly before Antonio spoke up,

"Auntie Rayne." I looked up at him, at fifteen, he stood at an easy 5'9 maybe even six foot, easily towering over my short 5'2 height. I then looked over at Samantha, Dario and Jamie. I outstretched my arms and they all hugged me at once. I couldn't see Rosaline, but she was probably with her boyfriend. I looked down at the four kids who had moved away from me.

"Why are you here auntie Rayne?" Sam asked, her face was kind as she looked down at me. What can I say, not many people look up at me.

"Well, there has been a bit of a problem in Russia and I nearly got hurt, so your mom and dad brought me here to keep me safe." From that the kids fired questions at me, I wanted to answer their questions, but I couldn't tell one from the other. That was until Rose spoke up,

"Kids, con calma. Your aunt had a long flight here, and she's really tired okay. Can you all save your questions until dinner please?" {Calm down} The kids nodded and Rose led me to my room. I dragged my suitcase along the corridors until we reached the room. I thanked Rose and laid down on the bed, leaving my suitcase in the corner of the room. I checked my phone for any texts from Illeya but there were none. I quickly took off my shoes and curled under the covers, and closed my eyes. Sleep slowly, but surely came to me.

Darkness. That's all that surrounded me, that was until a small light appeared and I moved towards it. The light became brighter and the small circle became larger, almost like a portal. I stepped into it and I was in a church. Candles were burning on shelves next to wooden pews, the wax slowly dripping onto the metal plate beneath it. Lights shone brightly as a congregation of people entered the building. I looked on and saw a coffin and made my way over to it. It was closed, but I couldn't stop my curiosity as I opened it.

My heart fell, a pit formed in my stomach, bile raised in my throat. I was short for breath, I couldn't move. A shiver went up my spine, as I breathed almost inaudibly,

"Illeya."

A knock on the door woke my from my nightmare ridden sleep, I wiped the cold sweat off of my forehead and announced,

"Come in." I kicked my covers off and sat up on the bed, with my hand over my heart in an attempt to get both my breathing and my heartbeat under control. Rosaline was stood there, a small bump showing under her baggy clothes. She approached the bed and sat down next to me, I hugged her tightly.

"What are you doing here?" Rosa asked, cradling her bump slightly. I couldn't help the smile that tugged on my lips, she looked so happy.

"So long story short, there is someone out to kill me, I've luckily survived all the attempts on my life but  there is too much risk in Russia so I came here because we'll its safer and your mom and dad forced me to." She looked at me stunned, she directed her eyes onto the quilt between us.