Chapter Forty-Three

Rayne's POV

Me and Illeya rushed to get changed and ran to Micheal's room. We were met by Rose and Noah who were also running towards the door. I knocked on the door and entered. Micheal was sat up on his bed, taking deep breaths, tears spilling down his face. I sat on his bed and pulled him in for a hug. He tried to push me away, but then gave up and let me hug him. Illeya sat on the other side of the bed and Rose and Noah watched on from the door.

"Hey, Micheal what is it honey?" He looked up at me and shook his head. "No, you're going to tell us. We want to help you Micheal. You are apart of our family. You are our son." He sniffled and then slowly nodded.

"In my first and second homes I was abused. I was having a nightmare about it, but it wasn't them this time.It was-" I took a breath and braced myself,

"Us." Illeya finished for him and he nodded. 

"You know that we would never and I mean never hurt you right. Whatever happened to you in your previous homes was very unfortunate and I'm very sorry about it and we'll find their names and let 'fate' have their way with them. But me and Illeya love you very much and would never hurt you." I looked over at Rose and Noah who nodded, Rose then spoke up,

"Whoever in their right mind would abuse a child deserves all that comes their way. I know how horrid some people can be and we will make sure that they are dealt with. I'm sure we have a special treatment waiting for them. Don't worry Micheal, your mom and dad have your back and so does the entire family. We've seen first hand how cruel the world can be and we try our best to protect those we love from it and your mom and dad would do anything for you." Micheal nodded again and Rose and Noah then left the room and shut the door.

Micheal sighed, "Thank you so much, this is the best home that I have ever been in and there is more love here than anywhere else that I have been. I'm just scared that this is too good to be true. I really am, I am really thankful that yous adopted me, but I am just waiting for something to go wrong. It's how my life goes." I swallowed the lump in my throat and pulled him into a tighter hug. Illeya joined us as we both hugged him tightly.

Illeya started, "We promise, that nothing will ever happen to you here. Micheal, you are our son and we love you so much. If there is anything that we can do to help you then will, will do that. However, I think that we should think about you consulting a therapist once 'fate' is done deciding what to do to them." Illeya sniggered slightly, "I'm thinking, car crash for one and maybe house fire for the other. How does that sound son." Illeya put the emphasis on son, and I almost laughed, he looked slightly taken aback and then smiled,

"You're all psychos. Seriously, you're laughing at the prospect of murder. But y'know what. I love it and I love the both of yous. You're the best mom and dad ever." My jaw dropped as tears came to my eyes. Illeya was also shocked as we hugged him tighter. Eventually we let go of him and Illeya then commented,

"Get some sleep, you have school tomorrow and your big game. We'll both be there on the sidelines to cheer you on." Micheal laughed and headed to our own room, turning the light off and closing the door. The second it was shut, I pulled Illeya into a tight hug,

"He called us mom and dad, I-I can't believe it." Illeya smiled and then spun me around in his arms,

"He called us mom and dad, we're his mom and dad!" Illeya almost yelled as he spun me, he pressed a long,but soft kiss to my lips and then we headed, hand in hand back to the bedroom. We slowly found our way back onto the bed and fell into deep, blissful sleep.

The following morning, we were woken up by a knock on the door. I got up and groggily walked to the door, it was Micheal. There was a tray of food in his hands. "Hey honey. What have you got there?" I asked and he handed me the tray and I ushered him in,

"Rose helped me make pancakes, so there are pancakes, two black coffees and a bowl of berries. Just as a thank you for last night and a thank you for being an amazing mom and dad for the last month and hopefully the foreseeable future." I almost cried. I placed the tray on the bedside table and then pulled him into a tight hug.

"You're the best. Seriously, now get ready and me and Leya- sorry your dad will eat these and get ready and we'll take you to school okay. Also make sure to say goodbye to Noah and Rose, they're heading to the main compound outside Moscow today so you won't see them okay." He nodded and left the room. I quickly looked over at Leya who was sat awkwardly on bed, attempting to hide his mate  who popped up to say a quick good morning. I laughed and quickly straddled him. He groaned softly as I was quick to remove his and my pyjamas and help him out a little. 

After our little session, we ate the breakfast that Micheal had made and then showered and got changed. We headed downstairs and Rose and Noah were stood at the door, Micheal gave both of them a hug and then spotted us, we followed him and I gave Rose and Noah a hug as did Illeya.

"Keep in touch and send me pictures of the kids please, I need more family photos around this place." Rose faked shock,

"You don't want any of us, of me. I'm ashamed Raynie. Really ashamed." A smirk fell on her lips and I quickly found her photo album and took out a picture of her as a baby, chocolate smeared all over her mouth.

"I think I'll use this one then." She gasped and Noah quickly nabbed it from my hand and took it. I smiled and hugged Rose one last time before we all bid them farewell and good travels. As they were about to get in the car, Rose yelled,

"Wait, Micheal what were the names of your previous foster parents?" He sighed and then responded,

"Samuel and Davina Volkov and Jessica and Kevin Yakovlev." He sighed and I nodded, waving them off as they drove away.Micheal glanced at me and then said,

"Thank you." I smiled and we then went into the garage. He stopped and then asked, "Can we use the rolls today." I nodded and we all got in the car and we drove him to school. The atmosphere was somewhat different today, it may just be because he accepted us as his parents but it felt more friendly and warmer. 

At about the ten minute mark of the journey Micheal asked, "Mom, could you tell me more about your childhood please." I nodded and focused my attention back on the road.

"I grew up with my father in a giant twenty bedroom, twenty two bathroom mansion in New York in America, we travelled all over, to Russia, Sicily, France, Switzerland. We went everywhere. My brother lived in the house so I always had someone to fool around with. Rose had been kidnapped when I was two ish, and I didn't see her for seven years because we just couldn't find her and when she was found we found out that she had been pregnant with twins and with her being kidnapped I was around Noah a lot as a kid after his resurrection. But that's a story for another day. It was good, I had everything that I ever wanted but a mother. That always brought me back to earth. I was bullied in school, for not having a mom and being rich, but never that badly. A lot of kids had it worse than me. Then dad also got ill and that didn't help it, but I just had the future in mind, I had to get my masters in business management and make dad proud and that's what I did." I filled the rest of the car journey with stories of my childhood both the good and bad but it was nice. We dropped him off at school and then headed back to get the dogs for work. Today was going to be an amazing day.

...