Chapter Nine

Rayne's POV

Eventually I pulled away and both me and Illeya looked into each others eyes. A glimmer of hope sat in his dialated pupils. We sat there for about half a minute before I crashed my lips back onto his, he returned the kiss with the same amount of ferocity. Our lips moved in a synchronised battle for dominance. Before I knew it I was straddling him as we kissed. We moved against each other in a way that was almost animalistic. The lust and sexual tension had caused us to become a prisoner to our wanton wandering minds that explored everything we were too scared to do. I ran my hands under his shirt and felt his toned muscles, his hands reached out to grab my breasts, a small whimper escaped my lips and I deepened the kiss. The feeling of his hands on my body and his lips on mine felt like heaven. I never wanted to get rid of this feeling.

An alarm sounded and both me and Illeya separated and jumped out of the bed. There was an unmistakable glint of fear in Illeya's eyes. "Please Rayne, follow me and if I say run. Run." I nodded and gripped his hand softly. He opened the door of my bedroom and we sprinted down the corridor. He pulled a painting off the wall to reveal a keypad and typed in a code, it opened up to a staircase, he led me down the staircase and then down into another room. A safe room. It had metal walls and had a sofa, a bed, a fridge, a couple of cupboards and a television. Illeya then pressed his lips to mine for a gentle kiss and then said, "I'll come for you when its all over, I promise." I nodded and he shut the door behind him and  then made his way out of the hidden corridor. I sat down on the sofa and hugged a cushion. This obviously wasn't my first rodeo if you know what I mean but it was the first attack that I'd experienced without any family around. 

The minutes slowly ticked over into hours and the hours slowly accumulated. I just laid there on the sofa. I would occasionally brush my fingers over my lips and fell the slight swelling that mine and Illeya's kiss had caused. A smile fell across my face as I remembered everything. There was obviously something between me and him, a mutual attraction, a mutual lust. I slowly closed my eyes and allowed my exhaustion to take over. 

"Wake up Rayne, its all over." I lifted my hand and rubbed my eyes. I looked up and saw Calla, her eyes were bright red and it was very obvious that she'd been crying. I sat up and went to hug her. She hugged me back and I quietly asked,

"What happened Calla?" She looked down at me and then said,

"It'll be better if you see for yourself." I nodded and couldn't help but feel the pang of worry that hit my heart. I stood up and followed Calla to the infirmary. My breathing became rushed as the worry crept up my throat. She led me through to a room, and then motioned for me to go through to the room as she was caught in the outstretched arms of her husband. I opened the door and saw Illeya lying on a bed, his eyes closed and a large bandage wrapped around his chest. I was speechless, I felt like I couldn't breathe. I stumbled over towards him, my vision blurred with tears. I grasped his hand and listened to the steady beats on the monitor. I sighed and quietly breathed,

"Leya, please. You are all I have. You need to pull through for your parents and everyone around you, and me. Please Leya." I sat in the room with him for a couple more minutes before I left. Calla looked up at me as I left, her eyes were pitiful and sad. I went over to her and hugged her, she hugged me back and then commented,

"Thank you dear, I'll make sure to tell you when anything happens." I smiled and then pulled away. I headed back up to my room and laid down on my bed closed my eyes. As I slept the images of dad dying and the video of my mom dying played in my head like a broken record. I was immersed in the moment and wanted to get out. They both died in such different ways, mom died a swift death, bullet to the head. Whereas dad died a painful and drawn out death. I would have always wondered what would have happened if she had not died, if she would have been there instead of me. If she would have died anyway or if we'd become the best of friends and love each other to an unexplainable extent. But then the image of Illeya dying popped into my head,  I wouldn't be able to cope. The thought of it made my body shiver and my heart lurch out. I knew there was something deeper, something more than just pure lust but I was not ready.

The following week passed by in a blur, I visited Illeya everyday before work and then after work. I worked by ass off in an attempt to distract myself and managed to negotiate one multi billion dollar deal and me and my team were just finalising the contract before it was all in our hands. It was currently six am I was just stepping out of the shower, I quickly blow dried my hair and dried myself before getting changed into a black pencil skirt and a white blouse with a black blazer. I did minimalistic makeup and then tied my hair back into a sleek ponytail. I placed on a pair of black Luis Vuitton heels and then headed down to the infirmary. As per usual I sat down on the chair next to Illeya and pressed a soft kiss to his cheek. I told him about my plans for the day and told him how much I missed him. Before I left I pressed a gentle kiss to his forehead as I had done for the past week and then headed out for work. I had the driver take me to work and then walked up to my office and prepared the final paperwork for the meeting. I then walked through to the boardroom a mug of coffee in my left hand and the paperwork in my right. Once in the board room I placed everything down on the table and conversed with my team and then the man of the hour walked in.

Remington Green. He was the owner of a chain of hotels in the UK and across Europe. He and his team entered and sat down. I greeted him with a firm handshake and then the business began. I went over the terms of the contract which stated that he would invest in our hotels and hold some stocks in them. In return we would aid his management and allow him to open one here in Russia, a kind of merger hotel. Owned by him, but managed and a high percentage of the revenue went to us. After hours we both signed the contract. Both his and my team left and it was just the two of us in my office,

"I have to say, I did not expect you to be so American." I cocked my head to the side and asked,

"What did you expect Mr Green?" He quickly responded,

"I was expecting you to have a Russian accent of some sort, or maybe French American like your mother and sister." I swallowed,

"I don't remember my mother, she died when I was very young and my older sister spent the first five years of her life in France what would you expect. She picked up the accent." I sharply responded. At this time, by only a God sent, my phone rang and I excused myself and picked up my phone.

"Rayne, my dear he's awake." It was Calla. I let out a breath,

"Thank you Calla, how is he? How are you and your husband doing?" She chuckled softly over the phone,

"We're fine, ecstatic actually. Illeya is doing surprisingly well, the doctors are saying that it was a miracle recovery. He's been asking after you." I let out another shaky breath as a tear of joy ran down my face.

"I'll be home soon, I just have to get rid of this client." She chuckled softly and then replied,

"See you soon my dear." I hung up the phone and headed back into the office, Mr Green was sat on the sofa in the corner of the room. He stood up and then asked,

"Is everything alright?" I nodded and then responded,

"Yes, I just need to get home. I will show you down to where your chauffeur should be waiting."  He nodded and I then led him down to the lobby where a man in black tuxedo was waiting. Mr Green shook my hand one last time before he left saying, 

"It was a true pleasure doing business with you Miss Marshall." I nodded in response and then called my driver who was there in a matter of minutes to take me home. Once we were home, I practically sprinted through the compound, once I was at the infirmary I slowed down and walked through the doors. Illeya's parents were outside talking to the doctors and I walked past them and straight into his room. He was sat up on the bed, his eyes were open and alert, he still had a bandage over his wound but he looked healthier. I couldn't help it, I made my way over to him and pressed my lips to his for a gentle kiss. He returned the kiss and pulled me closer to him. When we pulled apart, we just gazed into each others eyes. A goofy smirk fell across his face. I couldn't help the smile that tugged at my lips.

"What was that for?" He asked, my smile broadened and I then responded,

"I missed you. I missed you a lot." He took his hand and held mine in his. A nervous smile took prominence on his face.

"I know this is kinda the wrong time to ask, but would you like to go out on a date when I get out of this place?"

...