Chapter Twenty-Five

Rayne's POV

I woke up as the plane landed with a bump onto the tarmac. I just wanted to be alone. I didn't want to put all of my suffering and inner pain on Illeya. He was suffering and I wanted to be there for him but I simply hadn't even had enough time to process this myself. To dig myself out of this hole of self pity, denial and guilt. My head was in the wrong place right now and I needed time, a lot of time to fully process everything that has happened. Illeya unfolded the wheelchair and carefully lifted me up and placed me in it before we got off of the jet and headed to where the driver would be waiting.

I was hungry and thirsty but I didn't really care for food, in fact the thought of food was nauseating and I didn't want to eat. I still couldn't get my head around everything, I had always and I mean always wanted children of my own, I had planned to name my daughter Fleurie or Marie after my mother and if I had a boy Alex or Alexander after my father. But now that couldn't happen.

The journey back to the compound was a blur, I wasnt paying attention to anything, Illeya kept trying to initiate conversation but after a while if trying he gave up and settled for holding my hand. Being wheeled through the compound was the most humiliating thing that I have ever been through. Everyone's eyes were on me and Illeya and I just wanted the earth the swallow me whole. We got to my bedroom and I was lifted onto the bed by Illeya, I laid down on the bed and turned to face the wall. Illeya then climbed in next to me.

"Illeya-" I started but he simply cut me off and stated,

"Just sleep. Let's just sleep. You're exhausted, I'm exhaused. Let's just sleep we can talk about this later when we have digested it all." He was right, both me and him were well and truly exhausted. We needed sleep, in a bed, not on a plane. His arms wrapped around my waist and I leant into his warm touch. I inhaled his soft scent and let my eyes close and some well earned sleep take over.

My head ached, my stomach was throbbing and I opened my eyes. Illeya was infront of me. Anger painted his face, not to mention his body language, his strides were long and fast, his breathing erratic and his hands running through his already messy hair. What was going on?

"It's your fault. You stupid bitch. It's all your fault Rayne." His voice was tainted with anger, contempt and pure and unfiltered hatred. For me? This was my Illeya, the man that I love. The man who said that I was his world, that has seen me through the best and worst times of my life and I through his. Why? I was utterly confounded.  "You're father would be so disappointed in you Rayne. He would shun you for the idiotic, impulsive and infertile bitch that you are."

Tears poured down my face as I simply took his hurtful words. This isn't Illeya, this isn't my Illeya I chanted under my breath.

"It's not my fault Leya. It's not my fault." I sobbed as I fell to the ground, his towering figure stood over me. His jaw clenched tightly, his breathing more erratic than before. I looked up at him, tears clung to my eyelashes making him blur, his body becoming a shapeless blob due to the constant volume of tears that left my eyes. That was until he uttered the words,

"Rayne. Rayne! Wake up! Wake up Rayne!"

...

(A/N Hello sorry for not updating and sorry for this short chapter, I have been working on improving my grades in school and other future projects that stray a bit from the usual Georgie Vadik style.😉😏  And I also apologise for this chapter length. The current time is 2:38 am on a Sunday so I am A) Very tired and B) Felt obliged to publish since it's been so long and couldn't see this chapter going further than this scene. I hope it's okay and I might publish soon or it might be another month idk yet.😂 Love you all xx🖤❤💚)