Chapter Six

Illeya's POV

I woke up, my head was throbbing. I sat up and looked around my surroundings. Where the fuck was I? I ran a hand through my hair in frustration. I got out of the bed and saw my shirt on the floor in a heap next to a woman's blouse.

"Oh fuck what did I do?" I cursed loudly, when the cheery voice of my mother boomed against my eardrums, I covered my ears with the palms of my hands.

"Illeya, Illeya. Come out, come out wherever you are." I grunted and mom came bursting through the door.  

I rubbed my temples in an attempt to aid my headache. "Quiet mom, please." She laughed and then said,

"Do you remember what you did last night son?" I shook my head no, she laughed even harder. "You my boy. Had some fun times with our bosses little sister." I hung my head low.

"No I didn't. Fuck. I've probably fucked up my friendship and chances with her." Mom simply tutted me and then patted my shoulder.

"She told me that she doesn't remember anything like you. Also you did quite the job on the poor girls neck." I groaned and mom patted the top of my head. "I always told you that you couldn't handle your drink." She chuckled softly before leaving the room. I followed her out and went quickly to my own room. I showered and took a couple of paracetamol's and then got changed. I slowly made my way along the corridor, not really paying attention because I'm hungover as fuck. I felt something collide with me, I looked down and it was Rayne. She looked up at me with the most innocent look in her eyes, like a puppy.

"Can we talk?" She asked and I nodded. I led her through to my room and we both sat down on the bed. She took a breath. "Can you remember anything?" I shook my head no.

"Do you? Did we, like , go the full way?" My fucking god, I sound like a lost teenage boy who just lost his fucking virginity. Get a grip, your a twenty nine year old man for fucks sake.

"I don't think so. I mean I woke up in my pyjama's and you were just in your pants so I guess not." I sighed.

"Can we just forget this ever happened." We spoke at the same time. We both relaxed, feeling the same. Truth be told, I didn't want to forget it at all. I have dreamt of her for  twelve years. I sound obsessed, and I probably am. I really want her. I mean look at her. Her face was flawless, slightly tan skin and chocolate brown hair. Indulgent brown pools of eyes that you just cant escape, they seem to forever catch your eye. Sharp cheek bones and a beautifully feminine face. Not to mention the rest of her. Damn. She had matured so much. She had the perfect hourglass figure, not a scrap of fat on her. She had ample cleavage, and a nice firm ass. She had long slender legs and small feet. Every aspect of her was perfect down to the last dimple. Not to mention the way her hands fit perfectly into my own. I was smitten and there was no other way that I would have it.

Rayne was sat there, her posture perfect as she reached out for my hand. I gripped her hand softly. "I came here to get away from the drama at home, but all I seem to do is cause it." Her voice was so soft, she sounded broken and I hated it.

"What happened?" 

She unlocked her phone, she then went through to her saved posts on Instagram. She clicked on one. "This. Everywhere I go, there is always someone  saying something." She handed me her phone and I quickly read through the post and caption. They even had the nerve to tag her and her brother and sister in it. I took a deep breath and passed it back to Rayne. Her eyes were glassy with tears. I pulled her in towards me, hugging her with all I had. She let out a couple of loud sobs.

"Shush Rayne, its okay." She sniffled as tears ran down her face.

"Its not, I don't even have any memories of my mom, and now dads dead. He was all I had." She sobbed.

"I'm here for you Rayne. I promise you I always will be. You have me." She looked up at me with teary eyes.   I pressed a kiss to her forehead.

"Thank you Illeya." I hugged her again. We sat there for seemingly hours. Well that was until I heard Rose yell out,

"Rayne! Calla! Illeya! Help, I need to stop Noah from killing my future son in law!" We both shot up and ran outside and saw Rose barely able to hold back a raging Noah. I grabbed one arm and Rayne grabbed the opposite arm along with my mother and my father joined me and held the arm I was holding. Rose stood in front of Noah and quietly said to him,

"Noah, calm down okay. He's family now. Look at Rosaline, she's so happy. Its the happiest we've seen her since Clari died okay. Please for her sake if not anyone else's calm down. Ti amo Noah." {I love you}

His breathing slowed and his arms slacked in our grip. Rose gave us a nod and we all let go. He sprang forward and hugged his wife. "Rayne, we're heading home tonight. If you need anything just call us okay. Calla should be able to settle you in your new job whenever you are ready." He spoke and she nodded. She then hugged both him and Rose. "And you." He pointed a finger at Illeya. "You do as much as hurt my sister in law and I will hurt you. Got it?"  I nodded and stood there.

My mother came over to me and patted me on the back and telling me to follow her. I followed her and she led me into her and dads room.

"So what's going on with you and Rayne?" I shook my head and then responded,

"Nothing, she just wants to be friends." She nodded and then pressed a soft kiss to my cheek.

"I'm proud of you son." A smile washed over my face. I exited the room and saw Rayne waiting outside the room. Only now had I properly noticed my handiwork.  Several red/purple marks had been left with equal space in between them. I licked my dry lips and walked towards her. She smiled and then walked past me. My mother was stood behind me.

"Hi Calla, could you arrange for me to start at Marshall enterprises tomorrow. I just want to get to work and forget about everything." 

"Sure dear, but I'm very busy tomorrow so I'll have Illeya show you around and get you settled okay." Rayne nodded and hugged mom.

I walked off with a smug smile on my face, mom was playing match maker now which annoyed me a little but I get to spend a full day with Rayne. I was fucking ecstatic. I couldn't wait for tomorrow. It couldn't come quick enough.

...