Chapter Forty-One

(A/N Here's some uncle buzzcocks for ya! Give this song a good listen it is fantastic.)

Rayne's POV

Thee familiar doors opened and me and Illeya stood there, hand in hand. Micheal was ready,he had a backpack slung over his shoulder and approached us. I would hug him, but he seemed hesitant. The nuns handed me a sheet that we both had to sign and we were quick to sign and he then said quiet goodbyes to the nuns and then walked away with us. When we got outside he looked on in awe of the car. The custom rolls. 

"Is that your car?" He asked and I nodded, he smiled and as we approached the car Illeya then asked,

"You look hungry Micheal, do you want to go out and get something to eat. Anything. Your choice." He nodded slowly and I held the door open for him to get in the back of the car. Once we were in the car he asked,

"Could we get pancakes please?" He asked and we nodded and headed to the nearest breakfast diner type place. It was called 'a box of crepes.' we had parked up outside and headed inside, we were sat at a table and me and Illeya sat opposite him. The waiter came over and I ordered the standard crepe with vanilla ice cream and strawberry sauce, Illeya ordered a crepe with whipped cream and cinnamon and Micheal got a crepe with vanilla ice cream and chocolate sauce. They all arrived quickly and we all ate. Micheal looked happy, really happy and that made my heart swell. I checked my watch and it was around eleven am. Illeya grasped my hand tightly and smiled at me, he was too happy. We both had this goofy smile on our faces that just wouldn't go away.

After we had all finished we headed home, Micheal was quiet for the entirety of the journey. As we pulled up outside the garage, I asked Micheal, "Are you ready Micheal?" He nodded nervously and I got out of the car and held open the door for him. He stepped out, backpack still on his back. I gripped his hand and gave it a quick squeeze before letting it go and leading him into the house. The dogs had a day off today and as soon as we walked through the door the jumped at us, catching Micheal off guard. He quickly adjusted and petted them all. "This is Indigo, Bailey and Bertie." I pointed to each dog as he petted them. They eventually left us and me and Illeya quickly showed him around the house. We got to his room and he was seemingly overjoyed. 

"Wow! Thank you so much. I've never had anything this nice before." He announced and me and Illeya smiled before sitting on the small sofa opposite his bed.

"There's an Xbox, a PlayStation and games for all of them in the cupboard under your TV and also I think that Illeya here has a present for you." Illeya nodded and handed him a mobile phone, the latest I phone. He opened the box that it was kept in and gawked at it in awe. "It's unlimited calls, texts and data. It has fifty gigabytes storage and our numbers are already loaded in it." He smiled and then thanked us and I couldn't hold it any longer, I approached Micheal and hugged him tightly. He was hesitant to hug me back but did, "Welcome to the family Micheal."  I pulled away and he looked over at Illeya who was now stood behind me. Illeya pulled him in for a hug and we then stood back from him.

"If you need anything we'll be just along the corridor in our room okay. We'll go shopping for clothes and whatnot in a couple of hours okay. Just settle yourself in okay." He nodded and we left the room and shut the door quietly. We headed to our room and just sat on the bed looking at each other.

"We did it." Illeya remarked and pulled me in for a kiss. The kiss was deep and loving.We had done it and it felt amazing, the kiss evolved into a heated make out session like horny teens. I placed my hand on his chest and pulled away from the kiss.

"Not now, maybe later. I've got to tell Rose and Oliver." He nodded and pressed final kiss to my lips before I got my phone out. I quickly opened the Marshall family group chat and texted them,

me

Hey, me and Illeya finally got to bring Micheal home today. He is settling in now.

Rose

Congrats, I'll be over as soon as I can to meet him with Noah.

Ollie

Same as Rose. Me and Jasmine will be over soon, I know you and Illeya will be great parents to him and guide him well.

Rose

Ollie's right. Mom and dad would be so proud of yous. I just want you to know that.

I could feel myself tearing up and quickly wiped them away before Leya noticed. It had been about an hour and I went to go check in with Micheal. I knocked on the door and then entered, he was on his bed, playing on his phone.

"Hey Micheal, if you wouldn't mind could you come downstairs with me. I want to tell you a bit more about me and Illeya just so you feel more comfortable around us." He nodded and stood up, he followed me downstairs and I sat on the sofa with him. Indigo decided to sit on Micheal's lap whilst I talked to him, so he was petting her as I spoke,

"So where do I begin, I'll start with me." I took a breath. "I come from a very rich American family. I have an older sister called Rose who is forty five and an older brother who is thirty eight. When I was one, my mother was killed in front of my father and siblings. I can't remember anything about her but my siblings do. My father Alexander Marshall was diagnosed with heart cancer and died just under a year ago. My father was the leader of the Russian Mafia so we lived our whole lives with a target on our back and still do. My sister took it over after my mother died and she by that point was married to the leader of the Sicilian mafia, and she still happily is. I was never involved directly with the mafia's nor was my brother. We ran the legit businesses. I now own a bookstore in town after deciding to leave the running of the business." I took another breath and looked down at a very intrigued Micheal. "And then there is Leya, his mother was my sister's second in command. He was raised in the mafia like me and when I came to Russia after dad died we met again and fell in love and we were subject to many attacks, two of which left me practically on my death bed. The last attack that I was subject to left me in hospital for over a month and I lost my ability to have children. Illeya's father didn't approve of his decision to leave the mafia but my sister did and she let us leave and let us live our lives." I smiled down at him and he looked up at me, still trying to process all of the information that I had just given him.

Illeya entered the room and I glanced over at him smiling,

"You ready to go buy some clothes Micheal, if you want we can take the lambo?" He nodded and I then asked,

"Leya, I'm going to go check on the shop, you'll be fine taking Micheal shopping right?" He nodded and I glanced over at Micheal, "That okay with you to?" He nodded and I stood up and pressed a soft kiss to Illeya's cheek as I went to grab my bag from the kitchen. As I came back in they were at the door and I then finally said,

"Hey Micheal, spend as much as you want okay. Get what you want and need." He nodded and looked over at Illeya who also nodded. I made my way over to the door and pressed a soft kiss to both Micheal and Illeya's cheeks and then headed out to my mini whilst they took the lambo. Off they went and I couldn't help but feel complete. Everything, all the good and the bad had come to this and it was worth it. I was finally happy. Not content, not just getting by. I was happy.

...