Chapter Thirteen

Illeya's POV

The last couple of months have been a nightmare. Everyone in the compound has been alert at all times. Rayne was in a coma. I visited her every morning and every night. I had also been finding out everything that I could about the impending attack and saying that we were no where closer. They were still seemingly two steps ahead of us. The Garcia's were some smart bastards. They had intent on hurting us and have started on that feat we can only hope that we could stop them before it was too late.

My phone buzzed as I was walking to the infirmary to see Rayne, I looked down at the screen and saw a message from mom, it read. 'Get to the warehouse now.' I sighed and turned away from the infirmary and went towards the garage. I grabbed the keys to one of the SUV's and drove off to the warehouse. I parked in the garage under the building and then made my way inside. Mom met me and ushered me into the office.

"So we have found the rat." Oh yes I forgot to mention that didn't I. We have a mole so everything has been kept super top secret, like area 51 not a word was spoken to anyone about anything remotely related to this. Nothing has occurred since the explosion which has had me just counting down to the next attack and made me more suspicious. 

"Who is it?" I asked and mom then said,

"Andrei. His real name is Harrison Vega. He's in lockup now." A smirk fell on my lips,

"Time to make him sing like a bluebird." Mom and I both laughed and made our way down to the basement. Torture time.

He was chained to the ceiling, stripped naked and had a black eye and an open wound on his left thigh. I smirked and then approached him. "So you planted the bomb huh." I commented and he just looked at me, his face was empty. It held no emotion. That façade was going to break quickly. "Look buddy, we can do this the easy way or the hard way." I remarked and he kept his face the same. I let a loud laugh escape my throat. "The hard way it is then." I went over to the corner of the room and took a fairly sharp knife. The blade was shiny and glinted in the dim light of the room.

"Oh that's a fun method son." Mom smirked and then quietly said, "I'll leave you to it, don't forget to video it, it'll be fun to look back on later." My smirk only grew and then she walked out shutting the door behind her. I knelt down and started cutting off his toes one by one. One toe for each unanswered question. By the eighth I could tell that he was struggling. I moved on to the ninth toe and he cried out,

"Please, I'll answer your questions." Ah, a weak link. They obviously didn't train their members very well, especially not pain tolerance.

"Why do the Garcia's and the English mob suddenly pair together and team against the Russians?" He winced and I lowered the knife down onto his toe, 

"Power. Money. Influence. The youngest Marshall recently did a deal with the leader of the English mob and he wanted to manipulate her." I could feel the anger creep up my throat. "I planted the bomb, it was intended for the youngest Marshall." I swiftly cut off this fuckers toe and then moved onto the next one. He cried out in pain and I scoffed.

"You really think this is a lot. Rayne is currently lying in a coma because of the fucking bomb that you planted. I think you should feel some degree of that pain. After you answer this one question. What are your bosses names?" He swallowed,

"Vito Garcia and Remington Green." A smug smile found its way onto my face. I picked up a canister of gasoline and began to pour it onto his body.

"And what plans do they have?" He gagged at the strong scent of the gasoline, this only made my smile more smug and brought me a lot of pleasure

"They are coming here soon. The have a large number of forces and are planning to come after her to lure out the Pakhan and all the Marshalls and eradicate their bloodline." That was it, I slashed the rest of the gasoline over him and grabbed my lighter and lit a cigarette, I took a long drag and then began to walk out of the room before throwing it back. The scream of pain and terror was enough to tell me that he was now on fire and would be dead in an hour tops. I left the room and quickly wiped my hands on my trousers and headed upstairs. Mom waited in the arms of dad in the office. He pecked her lips softly and she smiled. Mom glanced over at me and quickly dismissed me and I made my way to the car. I sped back to the compound and made my way up to my room for a shower. I then changed into a Gucci t-shirt and a pair of black skinny jeans. I put on my favourite pair of Nike trainers and made my way down to the infirmary. 

I sat down next to her and gripped her hand softly, "Three months Rayne. Please Rayne, wake up. We are one step closer to finding these bastards who did this to you. Please wake up. I need you to Rayne. Please." I begged, like I did every time that I'd visited. The doctors and nurses kept saying that she was improving. Then I did what I normally did, I read a book to her, she loved reading. Whenever she would have any free time she would have her nose in a book. I had picked out a random book today. Twilight. Ugh. I begrudgingly began to read the book and had read about a chapter and a half to her when a voice spoke,

"Please stop reading that shit." I looked around the room and saw no-one else. I must be hearing things I thought to myself. I continued to read until I saw Rayne's hand twitch. I almost cried, honestly I was too happy for my own good. I sprinted out of the room and got the doctor who rushed in and checked Rayne over. I sat in the room and watched the entire thing. I was so happy that she was okay. I felt like I could finally breathe again.  The doctor eventually left the room and I moved over to her side, she was sat up on the bed. I gripped her hand softly, a smile spread across my face. 

"Water." She croaked and I quickly passed her a glass of water, she drank it quickly and then attempted to hug me but was unable to so I hugged her instead. A smile came to my face as I hugged her, it felt soo good to have her back in my arms. I then pressed a gentle kiss to her lips. She returned the kiss and attempted to deepen it but I pulled away. "What was that for?" She asked with a tired smile on her face.

"We can save that for when you are out of this hospital bed." Her eyes twinkled as she looked up at me longingly. "I missed you." I remarked and a small frown overtook the smile that was once on her lips.

"What day is it?" She asked, her voice slightly strained,

"Its the fourteenth of October." Her face dropped, I held her hand in mine. A single tear fell down her beautiful face and I quickly wiped it away. "Its fine Rayne, your fine. That's all that matters. Okay." She nodded and I wrapped my arms back around her. She buried her face in my chest and I rubbed her back softly. 

"Your fine. Your safe." I whispered quietly, she was awake and alive. She was all that I needed, she was all that I wanted. She was the only one that I loved.

...