Chapter Seventeen

Rayne's POV

Calla's funeral had soon arrived and gone, Illeya was recovering and had almost fully come to terms with his mothers death. Rose had stayed and had filled in the blanks for me so I was fully caught up on everything. Other than Calla's untimely death, it had been quiet. Business was running as usual on the legal side of everything. I was currently working on a deal with a Japanese media conglomerate and we were investing about a billion dollars into their companies and in turn they were going to advertise our hotel chains across Japan. This however unlike a lot of the more recent deals was one that has taken a lot more time and effort. I have had a team working on the advertisements to show to Mrs Sato. I, along with a team of about twelve people were negotiating the deal and everything that we wanted and they wanted. It was boring the shit out of me to be completely honest. I understood that the big businesses were just a money laundering scheme so that the press and public didn't start asking questions about our wealth and how we gained such a mass of money.

After a long day of dealing with several conference calls and an almost constant back and forth of submissions for advertisements, I was finally heading home. My body was calling out for some Chinese food and cuddles from Illeya. I drove home and parked my car in the personal garage and made my way inside. I kicked off my heels at the door and made my way to my room. I placed my shoes back in their respective compartment of my wardrobe and changed into my pyjama's and put on a pair of fluffy socks. Taking the television remote in my hand I turned it on and put on Netflix and saw that 'The Soprano's' was in my recommendations. I burst out laughing, seriously a mob show. I shook my head and clicked on it, It'll be a good laugh. 

I started the first episode, about fifteen minutes in Illeya entered the room and sat down next to me, I paused it and then said to him,

"I had one of the maids order us some Chinese food, I figured we could just have a relaxing night." He smiled and took his shoes off and stripped off to his boxers. I quirked an eyebrow up at him, "Staying the night?" I asked cheekily.

"Might as well, I know we're both gonna fall asleep after eating the Chinese." I smiled and patted down the bed next to me. He quickly laid down next to me, I placed my head on his chest and cuddled closer to him. "So what are we watching?" He asked and I quickly responded,

"The soprano's." He let out a loud laugh and once he stopped started running his hands through my hair. We watched it and we would share the occasional laugh at a tension filled scene. The Chinese food arrived as we were starting the second episode and both me and Illeya ate our food and then settled back in a food induced fatigue and  slowly fell asleep. 

The next morning I was woken up by a fully dressed, yummy looking Illeya planting soft kisses across my face, I let out a small laugh and then sat up, stretching out my arms and letting out a big yawn.

"Get ready Rayne, I've arranged for us to have a week off and relax at your family's cottage." I almost jumped out of bed, I then made my way to my bathroom and quickly showered and then made my way to my wardrobe and threw on a black lace set of underwear, which Illeya was ogling as I was putting them on. I then put on a black crop top and a white hoodie on top of that and some leggings. I then put on a pair of Adidas trainers and now I just needed to pack. I was looking for my suitcase when Illeya interrupted, "I packed you a bag with everything that you'll need. Its waiting at the cabin for us." I smiled and grabbed his hand and we made our way to the garage.

"Which one?" I asked and he looked on in awe of the family garage, he had been using the staffs one and occasionally looked in on the expensive car garage for flashy events, but never the personal Marshall garage. He looked around from Audi's to Rolls Royce's, to Lamborghini's to Aston Martins. This garage was a mans wet dream, and Illeya was loving it. After a good twenty minutes of deliberation he chose the Aston Martin Valkryie. We both got in and he sped off in the direction of the cabin which was about two and a half hours away from the compound. The car ride was pleasant, the roads were quiet and with Illeya's subtle speeding we were at the compound in only one hour and forty five minutes. Yeah, really subtle speeding. 

Anyway, once we were at the cabin, Illeya opened the car door for me and helped me out, only to hoist me into his arms. He then shut the car door and carried me inside the cabin. It was obvious his agenda for this trip. Sex, sex and more sex, and maybe some cuddles in between, which I was more than happy about. He carried me up to the main bedroom and I swallowed as I saw everything in it. Pictures of dad and mom were carefully placed across the room, along with pictures of me and my siblings. Illeya put me down sensing my discomfort and I walked around the room and picked up a picture of mom and dad on their wedding day. I sat down on the bed and Illeya sat with me.

I sighed, "This room was dads." I pointed at my mother on the photo, Illeya quietly remarked,

"Your mother was beautiful, she looks just like you." I leant into his frame as I softly remarked,

"Yeah, she really was." Illeya grabbed my hand and I stood up and made my way through to the room that I had stayed in whenever we came on vacation here. We sat down on the bed and Illeya nuzzled his head into my neck. I couldn't help but relax in his presence. He slipped an arm around my waist and pulled me impossibly closer to him.

"I thought this week we could just relax, forget everything." A small smile overcame my lips as I moved my head onto his chest. He ran his fingers through my hair, "Do you know if your dad keeps any of your baby photo's here?" I nodded and then got up, I held Illeya's hand and led him through to the living room. In the cupboard under the TV several photo albums were ordered, one for Rose, one for Ollie and one for me. I took out mine and sat down on the sofa. I flicked to the first page. He laughed at the image of me in a highchair with spaghetti across my face, my mother looked exhausted behind me, but had a smile on her face. Dad was sat next to me, his three piece suit was covered in spaghetti. Illeya pressed a kiss to my cheek and quietly said,

"I want that to be us one day."

...