Chapter Fifteen

Rayne's POV

A few months had passed since I had recovered, mine and Illeya's relationship hadn't changed much since that he was always busy with the takedown along with everyone else in the house. I had been back at work for a couple of weeks and had sealed a couple of deals. I'd been kept out of the loop pretty much entirely. However tonight me and Illeya were going on a second date. After a long day of work, I made my way back to my car and drove back to the compound. I arrived at the gates and the pungent stench of smoke filled my nostrils. I wound up the windows and drove into the estate. Then I saw it. The flames, the smoke, the rubble. I swallowed as I felt my eyes fill with tears. I couldn't breathe. I got out of my car and made my way towards the rubble that was the compound. Fire crackled on top of some of the rubble as men attempted to put it out and rescue others. I saw an arm near the edge of the rubble and pulled it. Slowly the body emerged from the mess of stones and ash. I felt the tears roll down my cheeks as I slowly realised,

Illeya. 

He seemed lifeless, I checked his pulse and there was nothing. Heavy sobs overcame me as the overcast sky became darker. It was over, all over.

...

I shot up and wiped a bead of sweat from my forehead. This had become my normality, dreams like this plagued my mind ever since I'd woken up from my coma. I felt over to the side of the bed where Illeya was still fast asleep next to me. I sighed and snuggled back into him. His arm wrapped around me and I let a small smile frame my lips. I then closed my eyes and attempted to get back to sleep.

BEEP. BEEP. BEEP.

"Ugh, shut the fuck up, you stupid fucking alarm. I fucking hate you." I groaned as I reached over to turn off the alarm. I finally after what seemed like forever turned the alarm off and turned to face Illeya. I was greeted with a warm smile, followed by a small chuckle.

"So small, yet so feisty." I punched his arm and he let out another small chuckle. "What did that alarm ever do to you?"

I yawned, "Its Monday morning and I have three conferences, I would do anything to get out of them." I sighed and Illeya's grip tightened around me, "But I can't they're really important." Illeya placed his head in the crook of my neck, I heard him inhale and he then said,

"I've got work as well, see you tonight." He pressed a kiss to my neck before turning to face me, I pressed a soft kiss to his lips.

"See you tonight." I got off the bed and made my way over to the ensuite. I quickly showered, shaved, brushed my teeth and then dried my hair. I opened the door and Illeya entered the bathroom and I stepped out and made my way over to wardrobe. I grabbed a flattering red body con dress and then placed a black blazer over the top of that. I grabbed my bag and made sure that I had packed everything and then brushed my hair one last time before I threw on my trusty black Christian Louboutin heels and then made my way over to my vanity to do my normal work look. Once all that was done, I made my way downstairs and then made myself some toast and off to work I went.

I was walking through the lobby when I heard someone yell,

"Rayne, long time no see." I turned and saw Molly. I practically sprinted over to her and hugged her. She let out a small giggle and then we pulled away. 

"You're in Russia. Why?" A broad smile came across her face, as she explained,

"I came on vacation with my fiancée he is here on business. Always working." She tutted the thought of him working, whilst I on the other hand had to stop myself from squealing. I grabbed her hand and led her up to my office. Since Illeya was occupied with everything that was going down at home, I had hired a new PA, her name was Sarah, she was kind, genuine and good at her job. Her only flaw was she was constantly trying to flirt with Illeya, no matter how many times he had shut her down, she kept trying. I pulled Molly into my office and sat down on the sofa next to her.

"So who is the special guy? Anyone I know?" She tutted me and then replied,

"I doubt it, his name is Remington Green and he is British." My jaw dropped, that Remington. Fuck, no. I was about to say something when the intercom rang out,

"Miss Marshall, the Americans are here. They are waiting in board room seven as per your request." I sighed and stood up, I hugged Molly one last time and had Sarah show her out before I made my way to the board room.

Four burly men were sat waiting for me, I sat down and greeted them. To say the meeting was boring would be and under exaggeration. It only lasted two hours but the two longest hours of my life. The men would be so stubborn every time I brought up a valid deal, one of them would counter it and then I would have to counter that, which annoyed me a little. Then if that wasn't happening one of the men, Todd, he was called would attempt to make a move on me. Whether it was a complement or an innuendo or something down right nasty. It just made the time drag more. Once that was over I had a meeting with the southern Russian branch. Luckily this time it was a woman conducting the meeting and it only took an hour to fully negotiate the deal and sort out our terms and conditions of the deal. And the final meeting of the day. This was the only one that I looked forward to, a video conference with Ollie to check up figures and to discuss any ongoing contracts. 

I was back in my office with my door locked and called Ollie, he picked up the video call and I positioned the camera at my face and looked at Ollie,

"Hi Rayne, how are you?" He asked and I smiled,

"Good. What about you?" 

"Good, ready to start?" I nodded and we began to discuss deals and then impending threats. "Rayne, the main security protocol for you if anything happens is to get you to either me or Rose, have you picked who you want to go with?" I nodded and then said,

"Rose, its just seeing the house and being back in that house will just send me spiralling." He nodded in response. Then the door opened and Ollie's youngest child entered the room. 

"Enzo, what do you want?" He asked and Enzo jumped onto his fathers lap and cuddled into his chest,

"Hi Enzo, how are you?" He waved at the camera,

"Hiya auntie Rayne, I'm very good." He smiled, little gaps showed the teeth that had fallen out,

"So Ollie, how much has the tooth fairy been giving Enzo for his teeth." Ollie smirked and then gritted,

"Too much." I let out a soft laugh and then checked the time, it was nearly six pm.

"I've got to go, bye Ollie. Bye Enzo, tell your mom and sister that I said hi." Ollie nodded and then said,

"Bye Rayne." The screen went black and I turned off my computer and packed my stuff away and made my way down to the garage and got in my car and drove home. I parked my car and made my way into the house. Illeya was sat on the sofa, he was cradling his face in his hands. I made my way over to him and sat next to him, placing my bag on the floor by my feet. I put my head on his shoulder and snuggled next to him. There was no hey, no how was work. Something was wrong.

"Is everything okay Leya?" I asked and he shook his head, he moved his hands from over his face and turned to face me. His eyes were red and a couple of tears ran down his face. "What happened?"

...