Chapter Sixteen

Rayne's POV

His eyes sparkled with tears, I couldn't bare the sight of him. I had never seen Illeya broken before, but here in front of me was a very broken Illeya.

"My mother." He started, his voice was weak. I gripped his hand and rubbed it softly in an attempt to comfort him. "She's dead." He bit his lip as more tears fell down his face. I pulled him into a tight hug and held him as he cried.

"Oh, I'm so sorry Leya." I responded. He quietly sobbed and snuffled as I held him. After a couple of minutes he went silent and pulled away from the hug. He then stood up and stated,

"I'm going to bed, I wouldn't mind if you wanted to stay with me tonight." His voice was soft but his eyes pleaded what he could not communicate, he needed someone and wanted that someone to be me. I nodded and stood up, I followed him up the stairs, along the corridor to the fourth door on the left. The door opened and we entered the room. Illeya then stripped down into his boxers, I stripped down into my underwear and then went over to his cupboard and placed one of his old t-shirts on. I made my way back to the bed and Illeya was already lying down, I laid down next to him and he wrapped his arm around me and pulled me closer to him. Illeya was asleep within minutes, but it was a restless night for me.

The next morning I woke up at around six am. I got out of Illeya's grasp and went back to my room to shower and get changed. I then made my way downstairs and had a bowl of cereal and a cup of coffee before heading to work. As I walked through my office door my phone buzzed with a call, I looked at the screen and sighed,

Illeya.

"Hey, how are you doing?" I asked and I could hear him sigh.

"Better, I just want to kill the bastards who killed her."

"Okay, just make sure that you take time for yourself okay."

"Okay I will, I promise. See you tonight."

"See you tonight." I hung up and sat down at my desk. I logged onto my computer and responded to a couple of emails.

The day from there dragged, I had a couple of meetings and had to arrange a couple of luncheons to meet with clients. As soon as seven pm rolled around I was out of the building as fast as I could. I just wanted to get home and make sure that Illeya was okay. On the way home, I stopped by a department store and grabbed some popcorn, some crisps and just because I fancied it, a novelty cushion with a baby elephant holding a red balloon with its trunk. I loaded them into the boot of my car and made my way home.

I stepped through the front door with a carrier bag on my arm and made my way through to the living room. Illeya was sat there, his face was blank. I approached him and he stood up and wrapped me in a hug. I smiled and hugged him back.

"I have something for you." I commented before opening the bag. I pulled out the cushion and Illeya took it from me and looked at it inquisitively. "No, that's mine. Hands off." A small chuckle escaped his lips. I pulled out the popcorn and crisps and handed them to him. I then sat down next to him.

"Thanks Rayne." I smiled and cuddled up next to him. He wrapped his arm around me and then said, "Do you want to go to my room and watch a film and cuddle?" I nodded and we headed to his room. We both sat on the bed and Illeya turned on the TV and put on Netflix. I opened the popcorn and offered it to Illeya he took a handful and of popcorn and shoved it all in his mouth. The Netflix logo popped up on screen and the introducing screen of an ever so familiar film. Johnny English.

After the film had finished and the crisps and popcorn were gone, me and Illeya were just cuddled up to each other. He pressed a kiss to my forehead.

"Thank you." He commented,

Completely confused I asked, "For what?"

"For making me feel better." I smiled, but then he said, "I'm sorry about last night." I gave him a confused look. "We were supposed to go on a date last night." I kissed his cheek.

"You don't have to apologise. We can go on a date any other night." I laced my hand with his. "I'm here for you." He pressed a soft kiss to my lips.

"I . . . I love you Rayne." I could feel my heart swell with joy. I was about to respond when I heard someone yell.

"Rayne get the fuck down here now!" I sighed and pressed a gentle kiss to his lips.

"I'll be back soon." He smiled, I hopped off the bed with Illeya's shirt on and made my way to where I heard Rose yelling for me. She was stood there with an unamused look on her face.

"Rayne I've been calling you for hours, I'm here to take you back to Sicily. Everything has gone to shit, Calla is dead and everything over here is falling to pieces. I need to get you to safety whilst I fix everything over here and get everything back in order and find the bastards who did this." I shook my head no.

"No. I'm not going, I'm staying here Rose." Her face contorted in concern and anger.

"Rayne, I am doing it for your own safety. Do you not think that I would rather be at home with my family, with my husband. Looking after my kids and being with my pregnant daughter rather than being in Russia babysitting you!" She almost yelled.

"Well then why don't you go home then! I do not want to leave I am happy here, I don't care how unsafe I am, I love Illeya and I love being here." Rose glared at me.

"You have one last chance okay. If anything comes within a metre of harming you then I am drugging you and sending you on your way to Sicily and I don't care what you'll think of me. Its for your own safety." I hugged her and then said,

"I love you soo much Rose." She hugged me back saying,

"Don't make me regret this decision."

"You won't"

...