Chapter Fifty-One *Epilogue*

(A/N: Its all come to this. No more Marshall. It's the end of a two year era. I'm gonna miss it, what about yous?)

Rayne's POV

Four years later

Things were better than I had ever dreamed that they would ever be, we were happy and that was all that I could ever ask for. The talent scout had been right and taken Micheal to the big leagues of basketball. He was still young but at the age of twenty was now living out his dreams, he played for a team in Seattle, the red-hawks. He had moved out there permanently and he had been dating his boyfriend Reid for a year now and he was really happy. He would come home once the basketball season was over and he would work as a coach at our local youth club and would help out at the book store. It was amazing seeing how much that he had developed as a person under the love of me and Leya. When he moved out to America, we had felt an empty space in our home so we did what any sane person would do and adopted an older dog who only had a few years left and a cat. They were lovely, we renamed them Price for the cat because he always carried himself with a sort of modesty and poise and our little shaggy because he was a mongrel and we couldn't quite pin-point his breeds so we decided on that because his fur is wiry yet thick and plenty-some, giving him quite the shaggy appearance. However it didn't fully fill the hole in our home, so we started the adoption process again and adopted a set of fraternal twins, they were both twelve and their parents had abandoned them at birth but because of the commitment of the two of them being inseparable no-one adopted them. They had lived at the orphanage since they were three days old. Poor things.

Jennifer and Adam were Godsends, they really were. They took a little while to adjust like any child would but they fit right into our little circus of freaks. They had the most wonderful relationship and I mean it was interesting seeing Illeya become even more protective of our children when Jennifer came into the picture. She had him wrapped around her finger, he could never say no to her which I found too cute. Where-as my little man, Adam was a trouble maker. He enjoyed all things fast paced and adrenaline fuelled like me, he loved the fast cars and the history of my family. I spoiled him rotten, and Illeya spoiled Jennifer. They also loved their big brother and Micheal was so protective of them, he took them under his wing and they found comfort in the fact that they had all come from similar backgrounds and bonded from there. He taught them all things basketball and would help them with school-work and all-sorts when he was home.

Today was not like other days though, we were all in Sicily for Rosaline's wedding. Her and her husband to be had waited to get married as they had a child very young and wanted to ground their relationship before they married. Which I not only thought was smart, but adorable too. It was a beautiful ceremony, it was packed with our large families, Rose had her little four year old girl who she had named after our mother, Fleurie Elena Valentini. Everything was perfect, all of our families were together, the day ended with one big family photo, it had all of us in. Even the dogs and our little Prince cat. It was the perfect way to show our constantly changing and ever growing family. Even though, it looked slightly incomplete without my parents there it just showed how we will always group together and be there for each-other at the drop of a pen despite the thousands of miles between us.

The thought of our age now, me at thirty two and Leya at thirty four we couldn't help but yearn for a child of our own, but knew that it would never happen. So we put every ounce of love and affection into the kids that we adopted. We wound up adopting another child when the twins turned sixteen and were starting college, Jennifer went to a college that specialised in biological sciences and Adam had gone to a college that specialised in creative arts. We had adopted another teen, another girl, Sasha. She was sixteen like the twins and was on the verge of being sent away to a college that would provide for her because the nunnery could only hold them for so long. We had adopted her and she was thankful because the college was across the other side of the country and she didn't want to go that far. She had taken much longer to grow close to us, due to problems such as abuse in her previous home, serious abuse that left her hospitalised for weeks. Alone and abandoned. We had connected her with a therapist who had helped her work through some of the issues and had put her on medication for her previously un-diagnosed PTSD.

It had taken her years to fully confide in me and Illeya and she wasn't to happy to share that information either but it all came out as she was sobbing in mine and Illeya's arms after a drunken night out. Eventually she did warm up to us, and she adored her older brother. Micheal and her just clicked, they were a tag team and they're closeness heavily influenced her decision to move to Seattle with him.

It was just us again, until a miracle came along. At thirty seven I had fallen pregnant, despite being told that it would be very difficult and would result in many complications. It did, it resulted in many complications and it impacted my overall health dramatically. I had never thought that it could happen, that I could ever fall pregnant. But I did and Illeya was overjoyed. When we told the kids they were slightly unsure of what to think. They were all old enough and knew that we loved them deeply but it made them query our love for them and made especially Sasha question it, but thankfully Micheal was convinced that we wouldn't love them any less when this baby arrived and convinced the others. The pregnancy was an eventful one, I had intense morning sickness and fatigue. I had fainted several times throughout my first and second trimester and had also had horrid pains in my back and lower abdomen and was put on bed-rest at the end of my second trimester til the end of my pregnancy. I had given birth a month and a half early and had nearly bled out giving birth. But after being nursed back to health, both the baby and I were healthy. He was tiny, but our little miracle. In being such a fighter we had decided to name him, Alexander Illeya Alekseev. 

And just like that our family was complete, we had our little team. We had our super star Micheal, our dynamic duo Jennifer and Adam, our survivor Sasha and finally our miracle aptly name after my father, Alexander. The seemingly impossible task of happiness was no longer impossible, we had our perfect life, our five children, our four dogs and Prince and last but not least me and Illeya had each-other. I had more than I could ever ask for and the life that me and Illeya had built with each other was what I could define as perfect, our own special kind of perfect. I could finally say that I had made my life something that I'm proud of. And that I am someone who I am proud of.

Someone that mom and dad would be proud of. 

THE END!

...

Hello. Georgie here, may I stop to thank all of you that have read all the way from chapter one of book one. This series has really challenged me creatively as a writer, I started writing this when I was a little fourteen year old who didn't know the purpose of comma's. I would like to thank all of you for your support and that this concludes all of the Marshall adventures and ends an era. These books will always hold a special place in my heart and I hope they do yours too. I'm going to say a good ole British goodbye to this book.

*slaps hands on thighs and stands up.* "Right." *Proceeds to walk away.*

This is the end of the Marshall/Valentini series.

Thank you and goodbye. Stay safe and wash your hands and please just do as your government says at the moment. I know lockdown is challenging but there is no need to blatantly defy it. Keep yourself and others safe and stay indoors.

Anyways, enough of a goodbye. See you soon hopefully with My Little Hellfire. Thank you!