Chapter Eleven

Rayne's POV

My alarm rang out and I moaned out softly as I slid the bar along and it turned off. Illeya stirred and I got out of his grip and made my way to the shower. I quickly showered and then went to my wardrobe and changed into a subtle knee length black dress with a loose turtle neck. I then put on a pair of black heels, Luis Vuitton of course. I then quickly applied a thin layer of mascara to my lashes and did my eyebrows and headed downstairs for breakfast. I then went on to eat a stack of delicious pancakes that were coated in thick and sugary maple syrup and fruits were layered on top. I savoured my sweet breakfast and then made my way to the garage. I grabbed a random set of keys off of the rack. These were the communal cars, we had four garages on the estate. One for communal cars, one for SUV's and limousines, one for my families expensive cars that we only used if we wanted to make an appearance somewhere grand and one for members cars. They would have their own keys and would park their cars there. I pressed the open feature on the car and turned out I was driving the mini, as I was making my way towards it, the car burst into a ball of flames. I screamed out as I was flung into the air and then landed back onto the cold granite floor. Of course after my head whacked off the fucking metal wall. My day couldn't get any fucking worse, could it?

My vision was splatted with blotches of black and random dots of light as I laid there. I could feel the blood gush out of cut that I think I had on my head. I couldn't do anything. I tried to move my hand but it wouldn't move. My eyes finally gave up and everything went black.

Illeya's POV

When I woke up Rayne was gone. I smiled to myself as the thoughts of last night slowly played reel by reel like a silent film. It was indescribable and not just sex, I had never head sex that had meant anything to me before. Before last night it was just a quick fuck to feed my needs but last night whoa. I stood up and changed into my underwear and made my way to my room and showered and then quickly towel dried my hair and got changed. I made my way down to the kitchen and poured myself a glass of orange juice. I set it down on the table after taking a long drink from it. I felt a hand at my shoulder and turned around. Mom was behind me with a huge grin on her face. She was about to say something when the house shook and a loud explosion sounded along with a scream. My heart dropped as I ran in the communal garage and a large plume of smoke had formed as the sprinklers shot jets of water directly at the flame. I looked to my left where Rayne was on the floor, her head lolled against the wall, a large line of blood lead down to her head.

I sprinted over to her. Her eyes were shut and her breath's were shallow and infrequent. I picked her up and rushed her to the infirmary. The doctors immediately took her from me and rushed her into the operating room. I could hear the doctors yell different things , some I understood and others I had no clue what they meant. I couldn't help the worry over come me, I was a bad omen. Anytime anything good happened to me it always came crashing back down on me. Like when I was fifteen and finally mustered up the courage to tell Rayne that I liked her, the day Iv was going to tell her she had to fly home with her dad because their home had been ransacked. This was just one of the many instances that made me believe in my bad luck.

"Son." Mom called and I turned to face her. She wrapped her arms around me in a tight hug.

I took a deep breath, "How could this happen mom. I . . . I-" She shushed me and then said,

"I've called her family, they are on their way over here." I sighed and then stood up. I walked out of the room after kissing mom's cheek and went straight up to my room. I just wanted to wake up, to pretend like this never happened and Rayne would wake up in my arms. I sat on my bed and flicked through social media for a couple of minutes and then decided to do something with the conflicting emotions that had me in complete turmoil and headed down to the gym.

I would always come down here when I was stressed or feeling too much. I made my way over to the treadmill and did forty five minutes on that and then spent an hour slowly doing different weight related activities. My mind however never left Rayne, I was scared. I had not felt scared for a long time but now I did. I left the gym covered in sweat and exhausted both physically and mentally. I made my way up to my room and showered again, before changing in to a pair of sweatpants and laid down on my bed in an attempt to get some sleep.

I was stood by a grave, I looked down and saw the headstone that read,

'Rayne Ellie Marshall.' That was all I could bear to look at. Then I could hear the cries. I looked around and saw her older brother and sister in tears. Mom was behind me and she was in the arms of dad as she cried. Then there was a casket lowered into the ground, the sobs echoed around me. It was unbearable.

"Its all your fault." Her older brother started, "If you hadn't been asleep then you would have been the one to unlock the car and you would have taken most of the impact. But no! You were still asleep and my baby sister is now DEAD! Its your fault Alekseev! Its your fault!"

I shot upright and wiped the beads of sweat that fell down my forehead. Phew, I breathed in and out in an attempt to calm myself. Rayne was still alive. She wasn't dead. She was still here. My inner thoughts bargained with my rushing heart and seemingly slowed it. I was finally able to breathe normally and that's when I heard my door open and mom enter teary eyed.

...