Chapter Thirty-Two

Rayne's POV

"You, you bastard." I cried and Illeya came running. Stood in front of me was Remington motherfucking Green. He caused all of my fucking pain. All of my heartache. My inability to have children. All because of him This bastard. He took a step inside and Illeya quickly pulled me behind him.

"Get the fuck out of our home. Now!" Illeya yelled, but he simply laughed.

"What are you going to do, call the police. I have enough evidence to incriminate your entire family. Including your precious fiancee's sisters children and put them away for good. So what you are going to is let me in. Offer me a drink,of which I will decline because cyanide exists but you will offer anyway. Then we will negotiate like sane people since my attempt on her life failed, but I am more than happy with the damaged caused so. I feel I've done enough." His tone was almost sincere, but I don't even want to analyse this bastards tone. I grabbed Illeya's shoulder and nodded. I went into the house and sat on the sofa. I pointed at an arm chair and then remarked.

"You can sit there. I can burn that chair later. You're not ruining my sofa." He cackled and then remarked,

"It's an ugly sofa anyway. It's all fifty shades of dull up in here. There's literally zero personality in this room."

 I almost laughed at him, "Who the fuck do you think you are, Gok Wan?" Illeya entered the room with Indigo in his arms. I quickly asked him, "Leya, take her the cove, and shut it. I don't want her near this cunt."

"Oh." He audaciously responded, "It's not like i'm Cruella de ville y'know i'm actually quite a big dog lover." I glared at Illeya and he knew to take her up there then. "So would you like to offer me a drink now?" 

I put on the best smile that I could summon and then asked, "Would you like a drink?" I gritted my teeth as he waved his hand no and then said,

"No sweet cheeks, I can deal without one. This will be a brief encounter." I sighed and Illeya came back down and sat next to me. His arm snaked around my back and he pulled me closer to him. Asserting his dominance and staking his claim. Ugh men and their ego's. But Illeya  was comforting and warm so I'm not complaining. "So sweet. When's the baby due?" He cruelly asked.

I took a breath, "You fucking twat, why would you ask that. You know. You caused my fucking infertility how dare you sit there and crack fucking jokes. How dare you!" 

He laughed, remarking "I would say that I'm sorry, but I'm really not. Business is business." I could have cried, I was so fucking frustrated. But I wasn't going to cry because that shows weakness. And if I am anything, I am not weak. He mocked compassion as he leant over and asked, "Are you okay? Wait, I don't care. Now here is my preposition. You get your shit of a sister off of my tail and I'll leave you all be. In fact, I've got a contract here that proposes peace, between your sisters mobs and mine. If I attack you, or any of my gang from hence forth then they will have to give over their heir once they turn eighteen, if not already to you. And vice versa. All you and your boy toy need to do is sign the bottom line."

I looked at him, his face held sincerity. This all seemed to good. "Why this sudden change of heart?"  I asked and he sighed, 

"Look, your sister and brother in law are killing my men faster than we can recruit and train. Fucking with shipments and I was fine with all this, but sign the contract and I will reveal the rest." He took the piece of paper out of his pocket and unfolded it placing it flat on the table. I picked it up and read it through, including the small print. It seemed legit, I passed it to Illeya who read it and agreed.

"We'll sign it, but are there any other catches that we should be aware of?" He shook his head. I re-read it again and then he handed me a pen. I signed the line, as did Leya. Then he himself signed it.

"OK, the other reason is that my lovely wife Olivia is pregnant. We found out a month ago and I have been trying to track you down for this. I don't want harm to come to her or the baby and although I doubt that your sister will harm a pregnant woman, or her husband in fact, but I don't want my child to grow up having never known his father. I grew up without one and it sucked I want to give my child the life that I never had." I sighed and then nodded. I know that I shouldn't feel bad for him, for all the pain that he has caused me, but I do. I grew up without a mother, I know what its like to be raised by one parent. I wouldn't wish it on anyone, especially when you know that they existed and you yearn for that everyday. I still wish that I had had a mother. I really do.

I put my hand out and shook his. Taking a deep breath, I stood and motioned for him to leave, I followed him out. I stood at the door as he turned and then said kindly,

"If it's worth anything, I do regret taking out that hit on your life. It was ill-judged.  Thank you Rayne, goodbye. I wish you luck." He turned and walked back to his car and I watched as he drove away. I shut the door and collapsed onto the sofa, phone in hand. I had to call Rose. Shit. Illeya ran his hands through my hair as I took a long, deep breath.

I opened my phone, found her contact and slowly pressed call. It rang twice before it stopped,

"Hey Raynie, your sister's not too well. She's asleep now. Is there anything that I can do?" Noah asked and I quickly announced.

"I sighed a contact with Remington Green which is a peace contract and if any type of conflict is in acted on either side then the heir of that family is given to the other family. In order for this to be fulfilled, you need to call off all men on him." He hummed in thought, I heard footsteps and a door creak shut.

"You what!" He screamed and I immediately felt like a child. "Rayne, you know what he did to you! Are you mad?" This yelling was followed by a horrid silence, which was then followed by the sound of Illeya going back into the room presumably, followed by the loud sound of vomiting. "Fucks sake, Rayne I've gotta go. I'll tell Rose and have her call you back when she's better." He must have missed the end call button as I heard him rush off and coo Rose as she vomited. I hung up the phone and cuddled into Illeya before he muttered something about going to get Indigo before getting up. I sat on the sofa alone. I couldn't help but ponder what might happen next. I for one could only hope that things got much better and that me and Illeya could lead better lives.

...