Chapter Thirty-Seven

Rayne's POV

"Olga, I need answers. I'll cancel the debt and stop this but you need to tell me why there were soldiers of the Russian Mafia at the store." I remarked and Olga took a breath before responding,

"My husband and I struggled for money when we were starting up this shop, my husband reached out for aid from the mafia. They helped us and in exchange we owe them about one hundred thousand us dollars still after nearly thirty years. They've been demanding more ever since he died and I can't afford it. The store is barely breaking even." She glanced up at me, unshed tears shining in her eyes.

"I'll have it cleared. Sam, you weren't here today got it. I can not be dealing with your mother and father chastising me for having you in this situation." She nodded and  I then took out my phone and called Rose.

After about five rings she picked up, she was breathing heavily and sounded out of breath, "Hey Raynie is this important you kinda interrupted something." I heard her mutter something off the phone and I then requested,

"I just need you to cancel the Olga Petrov debt. She's my employer, if you need the money I'll just pay it off." She sighed and then said,

"No problem text me the details and say hi to the kids for me and Noah. Bye." She hung up and I placed my phone back in my apron.

"It's cancelled. They should not be bothering you anymore. Anyway I think that leaves the important unanswered question of why I was able to tell the soldier to fuck off." Olga nodded and I took a breath, Sam smiled at me and I then started, "I'm the daughter of the ex Pakhan of the Russian Mafia, Alexander Marshall. My sister is the current Pakhan and that is why I was able to stop them because me, my sister and brother are essentially the royal family of the Mafia and they have to do anything that we request. Of course if it is stuff like cancelling debt collection we have to clear it with Rose but she wont say no."

Olga took a breath and I then continued, "Sam, your mom and dad also say hi, but I caught them at a busy time." Sam instantly caught on and gave me a look of disgust. I let a small chuckle escape my lips and Olga glanced back over at me. "Its all sorted, you owe them nothing now."

Olga made her way over to me and hugged me tightly, chanting "Thank you." A small smile overwhelmed my lips.

"No problem Olga." I made my way back over to the table and sat at the table where we had previously been sitting, Indigo joined me and I gave her a treat. Sam and Olga joined me. We were sat in silence for a mere minute before the door opened and Illeya came in with the boys. They all sat at a table and  I went over, a notepad in hand. Illeya quickly stood up and pressed a soft kiss to my cheek before he said,

"I saw Bogdan outside, any particular reason." I quickly jotted it down on the notepad and showed him. He nodded and I then said,

"What can I get you boys?" Illeya's eyes shone and he then said,

"Cappuccino and a white chocolate and raspberry cookie for me. Water for the boys and a blueberry muffin for each of them. And maybe a little visit from my two favourite girls." I smiled and handed Illeya a treat from my pocket and then went to go fulfill their order.

The rest of the day was uneventful, the boys and Illeya got on like a house on fire and I was really happy about that. I was somewhat afraid that they would hate him and disapprove of our relationship but they love him and that warms my heart. Sam also enjoyed working,  she loved the environment of the bookstore and she thrived in it. When we arrived home that evening we ordered take out and ate whilst watching one of my favourite films, Saving Private Ryan.

Once the film had finished, me and Illeya left the kids to their own devices and headed out into the garden. We sat on the hammock cuddled up, telling eachother about our days. It was almost perfect. Until the kids all came running out. Indigo chasing them. I was still snuggled up on Leya's chest and looked over at them as they ran towards us.