Chapter Eighteen

Rayne's POV

Illeya saying that warmed my heart, it made my heart flutter. I pressed a soft kiss to his lips, when I pulled away he continued to flip through the photo album. It was full of pictures of me with dad, me and mom and me and my siblings. Illeya was mocking the pictures, he couldn't believe some of the crazy stories that I had told him. The night was soon rolling in, I made my way to the kitchen and was looking around the kitchen for some food. I found a chicken and gravy pie in the fridge and I put it in the oven. I made my way back through to the living room and sat down with Illeya. I placed my head on his lap and laid across the sofa, I looked up at him as he pressed a gentle kiss to my forehead. I felt safe, I felt loved, but most importantly I felt an overwhelming sense of happiness.

"You can see us having a future?" I asked as I slowly became more and more relaxed, he looked down at me. His grey eyes held compassion and love. 

"Yeah, I do. Maybe a few years down the line, I can see us married with maybe two or three kids running around. A little dachshund in a big house, but not too big." I couldn't help the smile that overcame my lips.

"I thought that you were more of a cat guy?" I asked, a smug smile on my face.

He hummed in thought. "I like both cats and dogs, I don't know why but I just see us with a dog." His voice was soft as he continued to talk about the future he thought that we'd have. "I think that when the time comes along and if we have kids, we'll take turns telling them stories about your father and my mother. Oh and we'll have a pool in the garden along with a couple of acres of land at least." As he finally came to the end of his tangent about thirty minutes later, the timer on the oven went off and I made my way through to the kitchen. I turned the oven off and put on oven gloves before carefully removing it from the oven and setting it down on a cooling tray. Illeya stood behind me, he placed two plates down on the bench next to me. He then placed his hands on either side of my waist and began kissing my neck softly. I let out a small chuckle and then took a knife from the knife block and cut two slices of the pie. I then plated them and me and Illeya made our way over to the small dining table in the corner of the room.

The night quickly progressed from there, me and Illeya talked over dinner about the future and I finally managed to change the topic and get Illeya of this adorable tangent of his.

"So, are we just staying in tomorrow or are we venturing into the city?" I asked and Illeya grabbed my hand leading me up to the bedroom.

"Whatever you want to do, if you want we could go out for lunch or dinner." I nodded and followed his lead to the bedroom. The moment we entered the bedroom, Illeya pinned me against the closed door and began kissing me. I kinda loved it when I took control, he began to kiss down my neck and as much as I loved him taking control, I just wasn't feeling it tonight. I wriggled out of his grasp and made my way over to the cupboard where my bag was and slipped into my pyjama's. Illeya glanced over at me before I made my way over to the bed and snuggled under the warm covers. Within a minute, Illeya was in the bed with me. I snuggled into his warm chest and was slowly lulled into a deep sleep.

"Kraosoka, wake up." {Gorgeous} Illeya called, his voice was a beacon for temptation and seduction. Oh and don't get me started on him speaking Russian. Ugh I wanted to jump his bones right there and then. What's stopping me, may you ask. I could smell food, pancakes to be exact and as good as sex with Illeya is, it can wait until I've had some food. I sat up and sleepily walked down to the kitchen. Illeya followed behind me, not caring about my sleep dazed state.

"Yay, pancakes." I cheered quietly as I sat down at the table, I dug into the food almost immediately, oh my fucking god, he was good at cooking too. This man could not get any better. I had almost finished my pancakes when he asked,

"Did you chew those Rayne or did you just inhale them?" I snorted, and continued to eat my pancakes. They tasted exactly like the ones that dad used to make every Sunday, before the cancer progressed to a point in which he was physically unable to do them. I can remember he would call me down from my room and Ollie and Rose if they were home, and before everyone else got up we would eat the most amazing pancakes. Dad always said "The recipe was your mothers." Followed up with, "She used to crave pancakes when she was pregnant with you Rayne, she would eat at least five everyday if not more. That's how I got so used to making them." 

Illeya glanced over at me as I was lost in my memories, his hand brushed over my cheek as I realised that I had started crying. "Rayne, its okay. Why are you crying?" I attempted to calm myself,

"Its just, the pancakes reminded me of dad, I know it sounds silly but they taste exactly the same. Every Sunday, we would have pancakes for breakfast. I don't know why that upset me, I'm sorry for worrying you." I stood up and walked over to the opposite side of the table and hugged him.

He let out a small laugh, "I found a recipe sheet and followed it, it must have been your dads." I could feel the smile on my face. I pulled away from him and then said,

"We need to get dressed, I want to see more of the surrounding area." He smiled and we both got dressed and headed out, first stop Arbat street.

...