Chapter Twenty-Three

Rayne's POV

Heavy sobs continued to escape my throat as Illeya hugged me and pulled me closer to him. I didn't see his face as he held me, this was just like him. He wanted to put himself before me, before others. But this didn't just affect me now. This affected us, the way that Rose put it across made it seem like there was no chance that I would ever have biological children, but she did say it was high chance and not that I was fully infertile. I took a breath to compose myself and then shrugged Illeya off. He looked at me, his eyes a bloodshot red with unshed tears. 

"Leya, I'm so sorry. I'm so so sorry." He grabbed my good arm, well not the one that wasn't in a cast and then said, his tone harsh but loving.

"It is not your fault Rayne. It really isn't your fault." He pressed a soft kiss to my forehead. I really wanted to hug him, but the cast on my arm prevented me from doing that. Rose and Ollie re-entered the room and I quietly whispered to Illeya,

"I love you so much." He let a sad smile flash across his lips and then gripped my hand softly.

"I love you too Rayne." His eyes were kind and reassuring. Rose approached the both of us whilst Ollie waited on the door. Rose placed her hand on my forearm and quietly said,

"Raynie, I never meant for this to happen to you. I thought that you were safe here, I really thought that you were safe here. It was stupid for me to have taken you away from Russia. Its my fault that you . . .that you are deprived of the chance that me and Ollie had to have families and children of our own." She rambled, tears forming in her eyes.

"As soon as you are discharged you can go to Russia." Ollie announced and in that instant i just wanted to go over to him and hug him. But I was indescribably weak and wasn't even going to attempt it. Illeya's eyes met mine and a small smile formed on my lips. His fingers softly rubbed my knuckles and he leant down and pressed a soft kiss to my lips. The next hours were spent talking and joking and everything seemed normal and I almost forgot about the sheer gravity of the situation that I was in until everyone had left on the doctors request. Of course Rose and Illeya fought her on it but I reinforced the fact that I would be okay. 

Only when I was alone did everything properly hit me, and it hit me like a truck. I laid there, silent tears falling down my face like a waterfall. I could not have children of my own, this news broke my heart. I always wanted to have children of my own, I always wanted to build a family and raise them and give them the childhood with both parents that I never had. Rose also said that they didn't find the bitch who did this to me, and that really scared me and simultaneously boiled my piss. I wanted to hunt that bitch down and kill her for doing this to me, but I knew this also placed a ginormous red X on my back. And that will be the reason why Rose wants me to leave Sicily. This was all my fault. If I hand't initiated the deal with that goddamn Remington Green then everyone would be safe but I signed the devils contract and pulled everyone into this mess.

The next day, slowly arrived and I'd managed to get about three hours of nightmare ridden sleep. I was greeted by the sight of a freshly groomed Illeya, who held a plate of food. I gripped the remote for the bed and moved it to a sitting position. I took a deep breath and looked up and Illeya and closer at the plate that he held. Pancakes.

"Hello love. I brought these pancakes for you. You have no idea how hard it was to smuggle these in here so you don't have to eat that disgusting hospital food." A small chuckle erupted from my throat and Illeya took the fork and slowly fed them to me. 

"Leya. Thank you for being here. You didn't have to." His eyes sparkled with an emotion that I struggled to identify.

"Rayne." He spoke. "I love you, why wouldn't I be here and lets not forget that your pretty much immobilised and I think you would be a bit embarrassed if your brother and sister had to change you to get you on the flight back to Russia." I looked up at him, mid-mouthful. I quickly finished chewing and then asking,

"Illeya. What do you mean?" His eyes lit up. Before he announced proudly,

"You are being discharged and we will be flying home to Russia on your private jet in three hours give or take. I've already picked up your prescriptions and I've got clothes for you and everything that you might need." My mouth hung ajar with shock as I attempted to process it all. I was finally going home with Illeya. Illeya then childishly took the opportunity to shove the last of the pancakes in my mouth. I chewed them and swallowed before I looked back over at him.

The nurse then entered the room. My discharge papers in hand. I then took the offered pen shakily in my good hand and messily signed the papers. Illeya had to sign one of the papers and then she looked over them and then said in a warm tone,

"Take all the time you need to get ready. Press the buzzer if you need any assistance. Now I'm just going to take these needles our of your wrist and bandage it up okay." I nodded and she carefully removed all five of them and then placed a soft white bandage around where the needles had been. She then bid us goodbye and Illeya brought down the barriers and carefully moved me so that I was sitting on the end of the bed. He cautiously removed my hospital gown and just then did I realise how bare that I was. I didn't have a bra on. Illeya pulled a black, lacy bra out of bag and tried to put it on me, but I winced in pain. The straps rubbed against my fracture and it wasn't the best situation and I wasn't going to have that pain for the entirety of a flight to Russia.

"Illeya, forget the bra please. It hurts." He nodded and went to pull the black sundress over my head. I placed my good arm through the sleeve and Illeya helped get my cat through the sleeve. Then it was the issue of the getting off the bed. Illeya stepped out of the room for a minute and then re-entered the room with a wheelchair. I sighed and Illeya carefully lifted me up and placed me in the chair. He kissed the top of my head and then asked.

"Ready to go?"

...