Chapter Twenty One

Rayne's POV

As I rushed to find the video call icon on my screen, Illeya's icon popped up and quickly slid along the answer icon. Illeya's face appeared and I sighed contently seeing that he was safe.

"Hey." He greeted, a smile plastered on his face. His eyes twinkling in delight.

"Hey, how are you?" I asked and he ran a hand through his hair, before sighing,

"I'm okay, but I miss you. It'll be weird sleeping alone." I nodded, his lips formed into a tired smile and he then asked, "What about you, how are you?" I let out a breath and pursed my lips for a second.

"I miss you, and I've already had to deal with drama. But, I am very glad to see that you are okay." He faked shock and then mused,

"Oh my Rayne, you care about little old me." He broke into laughter, as did I.

We continued to chat for about an hour, until it was creeping onto eleven pm here so it would be midnight in Russia. Illeya looked exhausted and I was feeling rather tired as well, after we'd said our goodbye's and I hung up, I changed into my pyjama's and headed back to bed for my well earned beauty sleep. Well I say beauty sleep/ beauty rest, when I reality I sleep like a seal on a beach, tossing and turning at all times in the night. 

The next morning was not a pleasant one, I woke up to the sound of yelling. The ever so familiar yelling of Rose and Rosaline, for fucks sake, could they not give each other a bloody break. I groggily made my way out of bed and tied my hair into a ponytail before heading in the direction of the commotion.

"Rosaline Fleurie Valentini, listen to me. It just isn't safe at the moment. I need you to be safe." I approached Rose slowly, she was stood in the hallway outside Rosa's room. I sighed and stood next to Rose.

"I swear, I was not this rebellious at her age, and you weren't either." I chuckled and then said,

"Well, I was finishing my degree when I was twenty four and you were in captivity with two kids so, I have no clue." Rose sighed and then remarked,

"She is just so, how do I put it. Goddamn stubborn. Honestly, she apologised to both me and Noah last night, and agreed to put of the trip. But now, she wants to go again and claims that her boyfriend is coming to get her in an hour." I sighed,

"Have you talked to Noah, maybe he could talk to her about it." She shook her head and then replied,

"He's been gone since three am, he had to go and collect and sort some shipments. He texted me before and wanted to meet me at the warehouse for ten though." Then Rosa exited her room, a suitcase trailing behind her. She looked both of us in the eye and then said.

"I'm going and you can not stop me." I grabbed her free hand and then asked,

"Do you remember what we talked about last night?" She nodded, "So you remember me telling you about how I would kill to have a mother, never mind one as amazing as yours." She nodded again. "Well, then why are you doing this?" She tried to walk away and I pulled her back, "No. Not yet, answer me Rosaline."

"Because I want to." I sighed and Rose then spoke up,

"I don't want to deny you from doing what you want, in fact I want you to do everything I didn't get to do in my early twenties but its too dangerous. I just want you, and your baby to be safe. I don't want you to go through what me and your father did." She sighed and then said,

"Why are you so worried about me, you trained me and I am one of the best fighters and marksmen in the mafia." Rose and I both groaned,

"Don't you get it, firstly I am worried about you because you are my daughter. You are my baby and its my job to be worried. Secondly, Rayne received better training than you and she was nearly killed three times since she had moved to Russia. And finally, this may be obvious, you are pregnant. There is a living being inside of you, you are not only looking after yourself anymore. It may seem grim but if anything happened to you, I would blame myself for not stopping you." Rose took a breath and Rosaline let go of my hand and I went to hug her mother.