Chapter 17

"You actually agreed?" Katherine asks while eating her chocolate pudding. "I'm actually quite shocked cause when you came here to Europe, you were depressed as fuck." I roll my eyes at her.

"There is nothing wrong with helping him out." I shrug it off, eating the vanilla ice cream.

"You are eating ice cream, watching Fault in Our Stars, you look like Britney Spears when she shaved her hair." I burst out with laughter at that last statement.

"Nice to know I'm that disastrous." I mumble, digging in my ice cream. To say I'm kinda heartbroken is an understatement, I am upset. "You know what that means now, you are going to be married into one of the richest families in the world. You know the Lombardis are known internationally." I raise my eyebrow at her.

"So?"

"So you will also be known as the first black girl who gets married into the Lombardi family. And the nicest part you are not even English. In South Africa, you will be known as the black diamond who stole the heart of one of the richest men in the world. You will be a star." She says, blinking her eyes cutely at me.

"You do know I'm also part English right?"

"Yeah but I don't really consider that part of you as much since you were born in South Africa. Raised in South Africa. Your first language is isiZulu then English is your second. You only moved here recently so technically you are South African and English but mainly South African." I chuckle at her whole explanation. "And let's not forget how annoyed my dad will be." Katherine laughs out loud, nodding with argument since we both know my dad.

"What's so funny? You ladies are laughing without me saying my jokes." Minho says, entering the kitchen with Italian food.

"Nothing." Katherine and I say at the same time. Minho narrows his eyes, suspiciously at us for a while but he doesn't push on the topic.

"Anyway I brought Italian today, since Katherine seems to be hungry non stop."

"I'm on my periods, deal with it!" She angrily says. "If you act like twat when you PMS-ing, I wonder how worse you'll be when you pregnant." Katherine frowns.

"Probably she will wake you up to get her bananas from Mrs. Pilgrim's house which is on the other side of town." I add, smirking at Minho.

"Or she would karate chop my mixed race ass." We both burst into laughter.

"And then on the next news, a mad pregnant girl kills her husband and best friend who is also the husband's sister. Just imagine." Our laughter dies down, "Hawu, you would kill me and Minho?" I smile, asking her.

"Maybe, I'm just saying." Minho simply laughs, kissing her forehead and rubbing her shoulders. She does a simple smile, showing that she forgives him.

Looking at them right now, makes me realise that is how I want Wylder and I to be. Without realizing, I sigh out loud to myself and when I look up Minho and Katherine are staring at me.

But I rather not explain at all.

I didn't know getting engaged to Wylder would mean a lot of work. First I had to learn people's names for the ball, secondly I had to learn how to dance, thirdly I had to be more like a lady and show class. But knowing me, Wylder laughed at the last request.

So one morning, I walk up to someone pounding on my door. I open it, not caring how I look and frown at Katherine.

"Move." She shoves me out of the way and runs to turn on the tv. Luckily kiki isn't here yet or she would have killed Katherine for waking me up like that.