Chapter 18

"You ready?" I ask Zenande since she doesn't like attention. She nervously looks at me but nods nonetheless. I grab her hand, feeling the familiar electric shock. She sucks in a breath and starts walking. She looks beautiful as always.

Wearing black skinny jeans, a long warm coat, knee high heeled boots, scarf and beanie. To say she looks hot is an understatement. I don't honestly mind showing her to the world, she is perfect. To know that I fucked it up by sleeping with another girl. I mean we are not dating but there is an unspoken bond between her and I.

And I betrayed her.

I can feel she is so distant now, not texting me or calling me. It's like she is trying to stay away from me emotionally and mentally.

I was quite shocked that she agreed to what my grandfather proposed. I was even shocked that my grandfather thought about her. He knew about her for a while since he realised I wasn't spending so much time with him like how I use to. When he met her, I knew he liked her immediately despite knowing that our family won't approve of her.

We finally reach downstairs, Zenande's hand grip tightened on my hand. I squeeze her hand back to relax her. When we exit the building, camera lights immediately flash. Different questions being asked, luckily my bodyguards are there, stopping paparazzi from coming closer to us. We finally reach the car and enter it. When the door closes, Zenande lets out a loud sigh.

"How do you go through that?" I shrug, using my phone. "I grew up around it. It doesn't bother me." She takes out her phone also, busy typing on it. "What are you doing there?" She looks at me dead in my eyes. "None of your business."

"You know Zenande, we have to communicate better then now. If we want to pull this thing off, you have to stop acting like a child." She gives me a deadly glare which causes me to shrink in my seat. I can tell she is really angry at me.

"You haven't seen me act like a child Wylder at all." I roll my eyes at her childish behaviour.

I grab her face, "I'm sorry ok. I was a jackass to sleep with her without asking you." That statement seems to get her even more angry. "Just shut up Wylder."

"What do you want? It's not like as if we were in a committed relationship anyway. So I don't know why you acting like a..." I drawl at the end of the complaint, when I see her glassy eyes staring at me. She removes my hands from her face.

"We're not in public. We don't actually have to talk to each other, you know." Without thinking, I grab her face again but this time, I had to taste her lips.

When I press my lips against hers, I feel her arms wrap around my neck as she kisses me back with the same intensity. My hand goes up to her hair, grabbing it wildly. My teeth biting on her lower lip, causing her to moan slightly. She sighs when my tongue goes into her mouth, exploring her mouth.

Somehow she is straddling me now, grinding against me quite hard. Awakening Wyldie Junior.

"Damn..." I mutter against her lips before we kiss again, without a care in the world. We forgot everything, our problems, our issues, the world. When my hands are on her butt, she moves off me and goes back to her phone.

"WHAT?" I ask her, looking down at my pants to see that I'm really turned on. She giggles at my situation, "Get down and calm down little Wyldie." I glare at her after she talks, that is just pure evil.

We are inside the jewellery store, looking at different rings. The assistant, Annie, isn't helping us much cause she has dealt with my family before. She knows we like extravagant things. I can tell on Zenande's face that she doesn't like the rings Annie is bring to us.

I sigh at her, "Zena baby, what do you want?" I ask her while taking her hands. "I want something simple and sentimental Wylder. I thought you knew me." I raise my eyebrows at her, with a look that says 'well played'. She smiles innocently at me.

"Ok Annie do you have a simple ring that would please my demanding fiancee?" Zenande smacks the back of my head which causes Annie to stifle a little laugh. "I'm not demanding. You just like over dramatic things."

"Maybe that's why I'm engaged to you, cause you're over dramatic as well." I snap back at her, you can tell Annie is looking at us strangely. "We don't act like other couples, so don't be confused." Zenande says as she walks across the store to look at something.

Her face beams as I notice she is actually looking at a ring. "This is the one." She whispers out loud as she takes in the beauty of the ring. I walk over to her to see what ring grabbed her attention. I smile as I look at the simplicity of the ring, it is a silver ring with a small black diamond, shaped like a heart. The black diamond has other small fragments of clear diamonds surrounding it entirely.

This ring is beautiful, "We will take it." Annie nods. After we buy it, I decide to slip it on her engagement finger. It fits her perfectly. Zenande raises her hand to stare at the ring in awe. "Thanks." I smile as she admires the ring. "Thank you Annie." Annie nods politely. I wrap my arm around Zenande's shoulders as we walk out the store.

I can tell people are looking at us, but at that moment I don't care. "So you want to get ice cream from that shop?" She asks with hope I'd say yes.

"I don't see why not at all." We sit at the table, waiting for a waiter.

"Since we are going to announce our engagement. We need to live with each other now and not a penthouse but an actual house. We need to act like a real couple." Zenande leans against the chair, "I'm not stupid Wylder. I know that I would have to do that after I agreed to the deal."

I lean forward, holding her hand. "Are you really fine though? I know you always wanted to marry Mandla, if honestly you don't want to do this... I understand." Zenande finally looks up at me with glassy eyes. She sniffs a bit, holding back her tears.

"Wylder, I agreed. I have my own reasons to do this. Don't worry about me please." She squeezes my hand with assurance. "Ok then. You still an ugly cryer." She rolls her eyes at me but a small laugh escapes her mouth.

"Friends?" I ask, putting out my hand.

"Friends." She shakes it firmly while we stare at each other in a goofy way.

The a waiter comes and takes our ice cream orders. Zenande and I seem to have passed the awkwardness now.  Everything is going smoothly.

"Wylder." I hear a familiar voice and my heart drops. Why?

I turn my head to see Hannah behind me with her baby. Her gaze falls onto Zenande with slit eyes.

Bloody hell!

$$$$$