Chapter 27

My nervousness increase when we reach the giant gate with the security. I roll down the window and Zenande leans forward to speak to the security.

He smiles widely, showing that they are very familiar with each other. "Hey Ashley. How are you?" You can tell by the way he is talking, he is very fond of her. Maybe a little bit too much.

"Hey Gareth, I'm good. I thought you were gonna be at your parents house not here." She says with confusion. "I just had to meet this guy that swept you off your feet before me." He turns to me with a look of sadness. "Congratulations man. You got a real beauty here." I feel a bit awkward with his attitude, he is not rude or mean, he genuinely feels like I got the best girl.

I can feel Zenande is getting uncomfortable with the situation. So I decide to end it, "Thanks Gareth." I shake his hand firmly, "But can you open the gate? We are a bit late." Gareth quickly nods and he opens the gate.

After we drive into the yard Zenande speaks, "Thanks. Gareth always had a bit of a thing for me for some reason. Till today he loves me and he has a wife." I grind my teeth.

"Does she know?" She widens her eyes, "Have you met his wife? That woman could bautista bomb me with one Damn finger." I laugh so hard that my sides hurt. "Ah don't make me die just yet Zenande."

I park the car in front of the fountain, I guess she comes from a wealthy family but you won't see it with her. She is one of the most down to earth people ever.

The door opens and a little boy around the age of 6 to 8 runs towards the car.

Zenande gets out the car, "Ruan buddy, how you doing?" She picks him up. So this is Ruan, one of the kids within the marriage. He looks at me, "So this is the guy that mommy told me to respect? Nice to meet you sir." He waves at me with a toothy smile and I wave back at him. So 1 down, 7 more to go.

She puts him down and Ruan screams when he sees Rose and Ocean. He looks a lot like Zenande but the mixed version of her. "Whose baby is that? And hi Rose." Rose giggles when she notices Ruan's presence, he opens the door and picks up Ocean. Ocean just moves his feet and smiles, my son is really a friendly baby.

"Can I take him to the house?" I nod and Ruan walks with him, "And don't drop him." Zenande says to him.

"I won't." He shouts as he excitedly enters the house with Ocean. Zenande smiles, "He is a very friendly kid, he likes you anyway." I get out the car and she takes her container of cookies. I decide to take Rose and her things. We walk up the stairs and the door opens, revealing a beautiful woman.

"Lady!" Zenande exclaims. So this is Lady, her dad's wife. Got to admit, her father has taste. I saw a picture of Zenande's mom once and I noticed that she got her extreme beauty from her mom. Lady and Zenande hug and talk for a bit before she looks at me with a dreamy expression.

"So you must be the man that made her scream yes." Zenande turns completely pale from that statement. I can't help but laugh at her reaction. "I guess I am." Enjoying this moment so much. Lady hugs me before she takes Rose, "Thank you for taking care of her, she can be a handful sometimes." I wave it off.

"Oh no, honestly I enjoyed her company more then anything, even my son enjoyed it too." She smiles, "I guess the mysterious baby that Ruan walked in with is yours. That boy with babies. He'll probably have a child in his teens the way he loves them. Come in, you too are the last to arrive." Lady is very friendly and nice, she makes me feel more relaxed and less nervous.

We enter in her house and Zenande leads us to the main room where everyone is chilling. When everyone sees us, they all greet her excitedly. I have never been to such a large Christmas dinner before, it is so intimidating.