Confused (pt. 2)

Camila

"Shawn, we gotta talk." I spoke into the phone and ended the voicemail. It had been 3 days since the Grammy's. I had been calling Shawn for 3 days, but everytime it went to voicemail. It's like he's ignoring me.

I paced around my bedroom, holding my face in my hands.

I was scared by a sharp knock on my front door.

"Shawn." I thought as I ran to open the door. Only to be greeted by Taylor. My shoulders slumped.

"Did I come at a bad time?" Taylor asked me, looking at my sour face.

"No you're fine tay, come in." I mumbled partly upset. Taylor came inside and shut the door.

"Is this about Shawn?" Taylor pouted at me and I nodded.

"Aww Baby C, it'll be okay." She said and we hugged.

"I'm confused by the kiss so I've been calling Shawn for the past THREE days tay, and he hasn't even picked up once." I complained.

"Huh, that's odd, Shawn and I just talked yesterday." Taylor shrugged.

"What?" I said "Agh he hates me." I whined curling up on the bed.

"Baby C." Taylor sighed. "Shawn doesn't hate you. It's really far from that. I'm pretty sure he loves you." Taylor said.

"Well how would you know?" I spoke, my voice muffled.

"I just know, he wouldn't have kissed you at the grammy's in front of everyone if he didn't." Taylor explained. I groaned.

"I just don't get h-" I started before my phone rang.

"Oh just pick it up, it's probably my mom." I groaned. Taylor picked up the phone and smiled, shaking her head.

"It's not your mom." She said, handing me my phone. I crinkled my eyebrows in confusion before looking at my phone.

Shawn was calling me.

My eyes widened before I quickly accepted the call.

"Yeah, Hey Shawn. Hi." I said nervously, mentally slapping myself for saying hi two times.

"Hey Mila, sorry for not picking up your calls but uh this is weird but can you meet me at the restaurent near your house?" Shawn asked in one big breath

"The really fancy one with the red and white lights?" I asked him

"Yeah, meet me in 30 minutes?" Shawn asked me, sounding breathless, like he had been running.

"Uh yeah sure." I answered. And he hung up.

"I think this might be weird but I think shawn just asked me out to dinner?" I said and Taylor gasped.

"Okay when is it?" Taylor asked.

"In 30 minutes?" I said as more of a question.

"30 minutes, FRICK, c'mon baby C we gotta get you dressed." Taylor said and pulled me to my walk-in-closet.

•••

30-35 minutes later

Shawn

"She's not here yet Brian!" I muttered into the phone.

"Dude, chill, it's been like 5 minutes only, I'm sure she's coming." Brian answered.

"Plus, she's a girl, girls need more time than 30 minutes to get ready." He said. I sighed, tapping my foot nervously.

"You're seriously no help dude." I spoke into the phone before hanging up and putting my phone in my pocket.

When I looked up I was met with the most gorgones view I had laid eyes on. Camila was walking towards me, in a black dress that flowed down form the back and had a thick golden neckline. It had a slit down the side, and it was extremely backless. She looked hot as hell in it.

"Hey Shawn." Camila said as she sat down on the sofa table. I couldn't really pull out a chair and act all gentleman-y with that.

"Hey Mila, you look.. gorgeous." I said, trying to find my words to describe the beauty sitting in fient of me.

"Thanks, you look nice too." She answered with a smile that I'd grown to love.

"So, should we order? Then we can talk." I said and she nodded in agreement.

"Oh my god Shawn this is all so expensive, you should let me pay for my half." Camila gasped, looking through the money.

"No it's fine." I waved her off.

"No Shawn, I'm serious this is too-" she started.

"Mila, I'm the one who asked you out, so I'll pay. You can pay next time." I told her.

"N-Next time?" She stuttered making me realise my slip up.

"I-uh, have you checked the beverages they probably have the nicest alcohol." I said, moving on from the topic. She rose her eyebrows before looking back at her menu again.

We quickly ordered our food and some drinks. And then the waiter walked away. Now it was time to talk.

"So." Camila said, leaning forward on the table, crossing her arms over it. I did the same.

"So you know how I k-kissed you at the grammy's?" I stuttered and Camila nodded.

"Yeah, I was so confused." She laughed.

"Yeah well. I .. uhh you know I kinda might have feelings for you." I spoke in a tiny voice. Camila smiled a wide smile.

She got up, off of her seat, confusing me, as I looked up at her. She motioned for me to scoot so I did and she came and sat next to me, leaning close to my face. I could hear my heart beating in my rib cage.

"I like you too Shawn." She whispered before leaning all the way and kissing me lightly. It was more like a feather-like peck.

Once she wa started moving away, I held her face and pulled her in for another kiss. This one lasting long enough that when we pulled away we were both panting for air. My hands were on her exposed back and I could feel her goosebumps.

After that, we both enjoyed a great dinner together filled with use grinning at each other foolishly.

•••

Camila

"You know Mila, you're actually pretty darn confusing." Shawn said. We were standing on my front porch after our date.

"What? How am I confusing?" I asked him.

"All these years, you've been sending mixed signals Cabello, it confused the hell out of me." Shawn spoke, scrunching his nose cutely.

"Well you're really confusing as well." I answered him, putting my arms around his neck as he held me front my waist, his fingers drawing patterns on my exposed back, making the hairs stand up.

Shawn rose his eyebrows questioningly.

"The kiss? At the Grammys. You confused me and everyone else in the world shawnie." I said, pecking his lips lightly.

"Well, through our confusing ways, we still found our way to each other." Shawn cheesed. I laughed.

"That we did." I answered him and we grinned at each other.

•••

WOW This was LOOONNNGGGGG

-Taylor💋