3 Hours

Narrator

"3 hours? Fudge poop." Camila sweared as she looked up at the tiny tv that showed that her flight had been delayed 3 hours.

Huffing angrily, the Cuban walked to the Emirates lounge, and sat back down. She ordered herself a glass of champagne to calm herself otherwise she'd be slapping every pilot in this airport.

As she sipped on her champagne, she swiped through Tinder, mostly swiping left.

"Ouch, hard no for that one, eh?" A voice spoke from behind her, scaring the Cuban.

She turned around to find the same man she had just swiped left on.

"Holy.. fudge poop." The Cuban sweared, her eyes wide, making the tall man laugh.

"Hi. I'm Shawn." He spoke with a smile, holding his hand out for a shake.

The Cuban composed herself, "I'm Camila." She smiled, shaking his hand.

"So, what's a beautiful girl like you doing here at an airport, swiping left at handsome men." Shawn joked making the Cuban roll her eyes.

"My flight got pushed forward 3 hours, and I'm in no mood to go back to my house for just 10 minutes." The Cuban explained vaguely.

"Same. Are you going to Toronto?" Shawn asked.

"Yea, business trip." Camila smiled as Shawn took a seat beside her, setting a gigantic guitar case to the side carefully.

"What kind of business, may I ask." Shawn spoke politely.

"I sing, i'm pretty new to this industry so I don't really expect anyone to notice me at first glance." The Cuban explained.

"No way, me too!" Shawn spoke, shocked, surprising the Cuban.

"I came to LA for work, I live in Toronto actually." He explained.

"I have a couple small shows in Toronto, I had to meet up with my manager by 2pm, but that's probably not gonna happen now." Camila sighed, explaining.

"Oh shit, that reminds me, I need to inform him." She laughed, embarrassed at how she could forget things so easily.

She pulled out her phone from her back pocket and dialled in her manager's number, and put the phone to her ear.

"Hey Roger, so uh.. my flights been delayed 3 hours." She talked into the phone, as the Canadian waited for her to finish up.

"Geez, like I already didn't know that Camila. I got the info as soon as it was announced." Shawn heard a man speak loudly from the other side of the phone. He giggled as the Cuban blushed in embarrassment again.

"Damn, Okay. Bye, see you guys later then." Camila said her goodbyes and hung up, putting her phone back into her pocket.

"So, whilst we wait for our flight, let's get some coffee?" Shawn suggested.

"Sure." Camila answered. She would kill for some coffee right about now.

She'd been travelling non-stop the past few days, and the jet-lag was really getting to her.

Together, the two newly-met strangers, walked to the coffee shop inside the airport.

•••

7 years later

"Fucking hell, it's delayed 3 hours." Camila groaned as she sat back down in her chair. Shawn chuckled at his wife's impatience.

That's right. Wife.

"Now we're gonna miss going to the Eiffel Tower." The Cuban muttered, her face in her hands.

"Babe, it'll be fine, we'll stay an extra day." Shawn chuckled.

"Really? But isn't that gonna cost a lot? The flight, the hotel room, the-" The Cuban ranted.

"Mila, it's our honeymoon, and no delayed flight is gonna ruin it for us. Okay?" Shawn spoke, calming down the Cuban. She nodded, placing her head on his chest as his arms wrapped around her.

Shawn chuckled, "Remember this is exactly how we met?" He asked.

"And our flight got delayed 3 hours back then too. We barely knew each other." Camila laughed, memories being refreshed in her mind.

"And you swiped left on a very very very handsome man." Shawn smirked and Camila slapped on the arm slightly.

"I was bored okay. Plus, we were 16." Camila explained.

"Still. I was cute." Shawn spoke. "I always looked good."

"I was definitely cuter than you mendes." Camila fired back.

"Ah ah, you can't use that nickname on me anymore, you're a mendes yourself." Shawn reminded the Cuban, making her blush at the thought of finally being able to marry the love of her life and the man of her dreams.

"Although I gotta say.. you were and still definitely are cuter than me." Shawn cheeked.

"I'm happy I married a man I mistakenly swiped left on." Camila spoke up a few minutes later, looking up at her husband.

Shawn blushed, "You swiping left, is what got us here babe."

•••

Previously titled: Swiping Left.

Ew I hate how this turned out. I had a good idea. Turned out bleugh.

Anyways, I haven't updated the past few days cuz I've been sick, still sick. Ugh.

But your girl just turned 18 so yay 😀 (can I marry Shawn now?)

Q: Where do ya'll live (does that sound creepy?)

A: THE UAE AND I LOVE IT (Dubai to be exact)

-Taylor💋