Slide Away

A/N : been a long time since I've done a sad one eh?

Narrator

Living.

Not just surviving.

She was living.

She was living more than she'd ever lived before.

His hand in hers. Warm and soft. Sparks too. His eyes met hers. Soft and filled with love for her. Their lips met in an embrace so passionate her knees buckled and he had to tighten his arms around her waist. She was in his heaven, paralysed.

Their world was paradise.

Once upon a time, it was paradise
Once upon a time, I was paralysed

Then came hells walls breaking through. Cracking like thunder. Laughing, mocking, unforgiving.

His hand in hers. Cold and unrecognisable. His eyes met hers. Both unsure and hesitant. Strange. Their lips never met leaving them untouched and dry. Their heaven, it was gone.

Once upon a time, it was made for us
Woke up one day, it had turned to dust
Baby, we were found, but now we're lost
So it's time to let it go

Both young when their eyes first fell upon each other. So naive, so simple, so.. unknowing. Both so.. so different.

Move on, we're not 17
I'm not who I used to be

"We're not the same, Mila.. we're like two strangers forcing ourselves to live together and be together.."

Her eyes shut for a second and tears fell as she nodded and accepted their faith.

You say that everything changed

"We're still so young. We've been together since we were 17 Mila. 17. We've grown so much..we need to move on now.."

All she could do was nod.

You're right, we're grown now

Still, his hand met hers, once again warm. Their eyes met, filled to the brim with unshed tears. Instead of pulling away, he pulled her close. Their lips met in a soft embrace. Slow, steady, warm. Why isn't he leaving?

So won't you slide away?
Back to the ocean, I'll go back to the city lights

And just like before. Their hands turned cold. Eyes stopped meeting. Lips stopped touching. And it was gone. Their heaven was no more.

Love, still so dumb, still so naive, still so scary, still so breath-catching.. but still so unforgiving.

Back to the ocean, you'll slide away..

•••

Oof havent done a sad one in a while so I thought why nottt 🤷🏻‍♀️

Also I've been gone for like a week almost and I almost died. No joke. #almostdiedinschool

-Taylor💋