Family

A/N: this is for you emblem3keatonforevr , as requested.

•••

Narrator

Shawnito 💘
Hey babe! U ready yet? I'm coming to pick you up in 5, love you xx

Camilita 😍🥰
What for babe? Love you too x.

Shawnito 💘
It's Aaliyah's birthday, I told you.. :(

Camilita 😍🥰
Oh yeah.. I can't go.

Shawnito 💘
Why? Is something wrong baby? Do I need to kick someone's butt?

Camilita 😍🥰
No no u dork, I just.. don't think she'd want me there.

Shawnito 💘
What? Where'd that idea come from? I'm reaching your house in 2 minutes, we'll talk then. xx

Camilita 😍🥰
Okay..

•••

"So, what's wrong?" Shawn pressed on.

He'd arrived at the Cuban's house not long ago. Dressed nicely in his usual black skinny jeans and shirt that showed the outline of his muscles perfectly, making Camila drool.

"I told you, I don't think your sister likes me very much." Camila shrugged.

"Baby, Where'd you get that idea from?" Shawn asked the Cuban holding her in his arms.

"I don't know. We've never really talked." The Cuban shrugged once again. "Plus, this would be the first time I'm meeting your family, I'm scared."

"Oh so that's what this is all about." Shawn realised.

"Baby-" Shawn chuckled "my family's been dying to meet you, Aaliyah literally jumped for joy when I told her you'd come to her birthday party."

"Really?" Camila asked, eyes wide.

"Really. Now go get your cute butt dressed." Shawn said, tapping Camila on her rear and pushing her to the bathroom.

•••

"I'm nervous." Camila whispered, as Shawn stopped the car in front of a house. They had reached their destination.

"What if my dress is too short? Or too sparkly? Or maybe it's too casual, yeah I should go b-" Camila ranted, her emotions out of control.

"Mila, Babe, look at me." Shawn spoke softly, holding the Cuban's face in his hands, calming her down.

"Your dress is perfectly fine. You look absolutely gorgeous and my family will love you. Calm down." He places a kiss on the Cuban's forehead.

"Okay. Let's go." Camila spoke, somewhat of her regular confidence returning.

Together, the two lovers walked to the backyard, where the party was taking place. Shawn soon spotted his parents standing to the side and dragged a still very nervous Camila to them.

"Mom, Dad, this is Camila, my girlfriend." Shawn introduced Camila, making her heart flutter.

"Nice to meet you, Mr and Mrs Mendes." Camila spoke politely, holding her hand out for a shake.

She was pleasantly surprised when instead of a hand shake, she revived a loving hug from Shawn's mother.

"Call me Karen, dear. And this is my husband Manuel, but we call him Manny." Karen spoke.

Camila shook hands with manny.

Shawn resembles his father so much it's unreal.

She thought.

"Shawn!!" A voice shouted. A body ran toward them and smashed Shawn into a huge hug making him laugh.

"Hey liyah, whats up." Shawn said, hugging her back.

"Okay mister, where's your girlfriend? I need to  ask her what she saw in you." Aaliyah sassed And then got a scolding from her mother.

"She's right behind you." Shawn chuckled. Aaliyah turned around and here eyes turned wide.

"But she's so pretty, what did she see in you shawn?" Aaliyah spoke again making Camila laugh and blush.

"Anyways, hi I'm Aaliyah and today I'm 14 years old." She spoke, directing her eyes to where Camila stood.

"Hi, my name's Camila.." the Cuban spoke, leaning down to Aaliyah's height.

"Pretty, now let's talk about why you chose to date my ugly brother." Aaliyah spoke, locking her arm with Camila's and dragging her to another table, leaving Shawn with his parents.

"She's perfect for you." Karen spoke, looking at Camila mingling with her daughter.

"Yea, she is." Shawn grinned.

•••

Ugh I had this imagine titled 24 hours but for some reason it got deleted and I don't even remember what it was supposed to be about 🤦🏻‍♀️🤦🏻‍♀️

Q: have ya'll heard 'Don't call me angel' and what do ya'll think about it?

A: I think it's a good song for a movie but I don't think Lana del Ray fits in with the song, idk just my opinion 😂

-Taylor💋