What Love Can Do To You (Pt. 2)

A/N : is it getting a little hot in here or what 😳🥵

Narrator

The next few weeks passed by safely for John Wesley, and in the company of Camila Cabello, his saviour.

Shawn Mendes despiser the little Cuban. Because of her, people had started to talk back to him. And when he would pounce on them, ready to bruise, the Cuban would be there to wrench him away from them, always defeating him.

He'd lately also been catching himself staring at her.

Once when she caught him checking out her behind, she smirked and then twisted his arm, locking him a death grip. Uttering a few teasing words in his ear, she'd let him go.

She hadn't left his mind since then. His brain was clouded with thoughts of her. Once again, he reached out to his best friend to help him. Drugs.

He was still selling drugs and 'earning' money by the hour. He was in drug-filled heaven. Until one day...

•••

Camila rushes in through the halls of Pine Ridge, tears cascading down her pink cheeks, catching the attention of other students. She ignored them, and walked to her locker, making a show of ironing it loudly, her hands fumbling around. She grabbed a picture from inside her locker, tearing the paper into pieces.

She was angry. And hurt.

She spotted Shawn walking around the halls haughtily with his signature smirk. She grunted before marching up to him, grabbing his hand and dragging him into the empty auditorium.

Shawn protested with a string of curses as the two burst through the doors of the auditorium. Camila paid no attention before slamming him against the wall, silencing him by slamming her lips against his.

Shawn grunted in surprise, grabbing the Cuban tightly by the waist, his other hand landing on her right ass cheek, giving it a rough squeeze. Camila bit his lip lightly, tugged at it and pulled away, breathing heavily.

She straightened herself, before walking out of the auditorium wordlessly.

•••

Shawn caught up to the Cuban at the end of the school day, choosing to ditch his drug-filled afternoon for the day to try and find out camila's intentions.

He pulled her aside in the school's parking lot, and she smacked him in the face for touching her, before apologising profusely, surprising Shawn.

She offered him a ride home and shawn accepted, even though his beloved jeep sat not to too far away from the parking lot.

Camila guiltily admitted that she'd acted on impulse that morning. She's broken up with her boyfriend over Shawn as he had though that Camila was cheating on him with Shawn. She thought she'd caught feelings so she decided to kiss shawn as to prove to herself that she definitely hadn't.

Of course she had, but she didn't admit that to shawn. Yet.

Shawn could hear his heart shatter in his chest when Camila practically told him that their kiss was mistake. He was surprised at the weird fluttering of his heart when she was around and immediately tried to rid of that feeling.

Over the next few weeks, the two got closer than ever. Less people were punched and kicked by Shawn Mendes, and lesser drugs were taken. Instead of popping pills and smoking joints early in the morning, Shawn would call-spam Camila until she woke up, courtesy of her revealing to him that she could never wake up in the mornings without at least 7 alarms.