Run-In (Pt. 2)

Narrator

Dressed in a long black figure-hugging dress, the Cuban checked herself out in the floor-length mirror in front of her.

She let her hands run through her soft curled hair as her eyes fell onto her old glasses sitting on her nightstand. She sighed as her mind took her back in time.

- flashback -

"Hey look! It's Cabello!" The 16 year old Cuban heard a few voices laugh as she walked down the hallways of her dull high school.

"Ey Cabello!" Someone shouted, but Camila kept walking.

"Hey!" Someone shouted again and she heard the squeaking in shoes before someone showed up beside her and pulled her to a stop harshly.

The Cuban looked up to see the angry face of Shawn Mendes, the most popular guy in school, he was everyone's favourite and acted like the golden child.. but he was far from that.

"Are you deaf?!" He shouted at her.

"N-no." Camila stuttered, hugging her books closer to her chest.

"Huh." Shawn smirked. "Look at these." He tugged harshly at the Cuban's braids making her wince in pain.

As he kept tugging at them, tears formed in the Cuban's eyes making Shawn scoff.

"Oh quit being a baby, ugly nerd." He spat, taking her glasses in his hands without asking and inspecting them.

"Oh you want them back?" He mocked Camila, waving her glasses in the air, as she looked up at him innocently.

"Here bitch!" He spat with a smirk, throwing them.

The glasses fell to the ground, the glass breaking. Shawn chuckled before walking away as the Cuban picked up her broken glasses from the floor.

- flashback over -

When Camila had seen Shawn Mendes again two days ago, she'd been almost fearful of him. But then she remembered she wasn't the same girl from high school 7 years ago, and he had no power over her. But meeting him did bring all the awful memories to resurface.

Before she could ruin her mood even more, the Cuban erased the thought of him from her mind and focused on the award ceremony she'd be attending in just 45 minutes.

The Cuban was the CEO of a very successful music company. She was only 22, but after high school she had learnt to stand on her own two feet, and had begun the plans for her own company, with a little help from her parents too of course. 

After being able to settle a very big deal with a fellow music company, Camila's company, Cabello Harmonics, had reached the highest pint of success, and to celebrate that, the two companies would be having a party tonight.

•••

"This is just about the dullest party I've ever been to." Shawn grumbled, running his hand through his hair.

"Shawn." His mom spoke firmly, giving him a look. "This is your sisters first successful deal with the most successful company in Canada. Please don't ruin this for her."

"Tch. Fine." Shawn huffed. "Where is Aaliyah anyways?"

"Talking to all the guests I assume. Go find her." His mother shooed him off.

Shawn took off to find his sister, grumbling in distaste when he realised that it wouldn't be easy finding her in this crowd of more than a hundred guests.

On his little venture, he spotted a waiter carrying a tray full of drinks, off of which he grabbed a glass for himself to drink.

"Mph. Aaliyah!" He spoke as he spotted his sister, trying to gulp down his drink rather quickly.

"Shawn!!" Aaliyah hugged her brother tightly. She rarely ever got to see him because of her time-consuming job.

"Still short I see." Shawn joked, pinching her arm lightly.

"Still a jerk I see." Aaliyah shot back. A small giggle sounded from beside her. Shawn turned to see the awfully familiar face again.

"Oh shawn. This is Camila, CEO of Cabello Harmonics." Aaliyah introduced. "Camila, this is my brother, Shawn."

"Nice to meet you, Shawn." Camila drawled our his name with a smirk as Shawn's face turned a deep shade of red.

"Oh, I need to talk to mom, be right back brother." Aaliyah kissed her brothers cheek, and left.

"What are the odds." He heard the Cuban speak.

"Zip it, cabello." Shawn muttered. "For all we know, you still have a crush on me." Shawn smirked.

"Oh that died long ago. You know, right when you decided to be an animal rather than a human. I decided I didn't want to be with a giraffe you know." Camila shot back.

"You sure about that?" Shawn spoke lowly, standing extremely close to the Cuban.

He was surprised when the Cuban's lips rose up into a small smirk.

"Yeah." She spoke, her minty breath hitting his nose. "I'm sure." And Shawn was sure that his pants zipper was going to break.

"Now if you'll excuse me, I have a fiancé to get to." Camila muttered, took a sip of her drink, and walked away.

Little did the two know, there was a surprise awaiting them the next morning.

•••

Wow wow crap. There's part 3 coming too.

Okay so here's the problem. My email.. does not work.. so I'm unable to reply to any messages you guys send to me here on wattpad and I'm really sorry. I've been trying to fix my email for months now... I have no idea what the hell is wrong with it. But if u guys ever have any requests just comment on the latest imagine and I'll do my best.

Shannon1300  i am so sorry I haven't written ur imagine request yet. I promise it'll be out in just a couple days.

That's all.

Also I've missed asking questions TWICE.

Q: the worst grade you have ever gotten? (DONT be embarrassed we all fail sometimes 😂)

A: I got a C on a history paper once, but it's expected..ITS HISTORY.

-Taylor💋