Choice (Pt. 2)

sorry my 'tomorrow' came so lateee. got busy planning something  and just dealing with schoolwork. bad year for the graduates. but I'm back nowww.

•••

Narrator

"I love this.." Camila sighed as once again her and Shawn cuddled in his dimly lit condo.

"And I love you.." Shawn murmured, placing soft kisses on the Cubans bare neck.

"honey..?" Shawn spoke up after a few seconds.

"Mhm?" Camila answered.

"When are you going to break up with Matthew?" He questioned and Camila stiffened.

"You don't love him. You love me. And I love you and I want to be with you and not have to hide it and sneak away with you every night." Shawn ranted.

"Shawn.." Camila faced the Canadian, staring at his honey brown eyes.

"What. I'm just saying the obvious Mila." Shawn said, exasperated.

"I can't break up with Matthew.." Camila muttered.

"What why?" Shawn questioned, scooting to the edge of the bed.

"I just- can't okay. He's going to flip out completely. And besides, things between you and me are perfectly fine the way they are." Camila explained.

"No they're not. I want to be able to hold u in front if everyone Mila. I want to be able to kiss you whenever I want to. I want to wake up to you every morning and not have you sneak out. I love you, please." Shawn begged.

"Shawn, I'm not gonna break up with Matthew okay?" Camila deadened.

Shawn's face fell. He got up from the bed, putting his clothes back on.

"Where are you going?" Camila questioned him, worried.

"To get some air." Shawn replied coldly before slamming the front door shut.

Camila sighed.

•••

'I want you to make your choice Camila. Either you leave Matthew or you leave me. I can't handle to do this like this anymore. You have to choose.'

These words haunted her. Once Shawn had come back from his short walk to get some air he'd said these exact words to the Cuban. And then she'd left. She hasn't seen him since then. It's been months. He was seen out and about with a couple woman a few months back which had angered her to the point she considered going to his house to slap him. But she wasn't dating him so she had no right to be jealous, right?

Since the day she cane back from Shawn house, hurt, her relationship with Matthew was.. trying.. to say the least. She didn't want to be Matthew. She missed Shawn. Shawn. Shawn and his bear hugs. Shawn with soft curls that tickled her nose. Shawn with his big grin that brightened her days. She wanted to be with him. Not Matthew.

The Cuban had tried to breakup with Matthew a couple times but in the end couldn't bring up the courage to do so.

Matthew has noticed the change in Camila the past few month. She was always gloomy, she never wanted to do anything. She didn't want to eat, she didn't want to go on dates, she didn't want to kiss him. She would just sit on the couch and stare blankly at the tv screen all day. Eventually he got tired of his girlfriend moping the loss of a "friend" (which is what he thought) and ended up breaking things off himself.

He'd moved out almost a month ago and Camila had gone straight to Shawn's house after that. When she'd noticed him going inside with some friends and a girl attached to his side, she'd driven back home, tears streaming down her face.

She was all alone.

She hadn't gone back since then. Her friend, Ariana urged her to talk to him but Camila wouldn't dare. He was with someone else. He was happy now. He was happy with someone who wasn't her .

Now Camila normally was not even close to being a heavy drinker. But one night she got out a bottle of liquor. And downed it cup by cup until she was in the the type of state of mind that she was brave enough to drive all the way to Shawn's house (without crashing into anything miraculously) and ring the doorbell.

As soon as he answered the door and she saw his face again, it was like she'd sobered up completely.

"Camila, what are you.. oh my god you reek of of alcohol." Shawn coughed, dragging the unstable Cuban inside and laying her down on the couch. She pulled him close to her, sniffing his familiar cologne and instantly fell asleep in his arms.

...

When she awoke the next morning, she felt like she'd hit her head through a wall. She noticed the familiar surroundings and her face paled. But before she could react anymore, Shawn entered the room with a tablet and glass of water in his hands.

With shaking hands she took the pill, wanting it to kick in immediately so she could drive back home.

"Are you feeling better?" Shawn spoke.

Camila nodded, trying to gulp down the lump in her throat.

"You have to be careful. You can't drink bottles of alcohol like that." Shawn scolded, Camila flinched.

"Whats wrong Mila?" Shawn spoke, his eyes and tone softening.

Camila was about to open up when she remembered. He was with someone else. She was probably in their bedroom right now. Camila couldn't be here.

"W-where's your girlfriend?" Camila spoke, her voice raspy.

Shawn looked confused.

"What girlfriend?" He chuckled lightly.

"You know, the girl in the red dead and jet black hair who was dangling onto your arm about a month ago. You were getting into your house with her."  Camila blurted and then her eyes widened.

"You were at my house a month ago??" Shawn questioned, puzzled.

"Uhm, uh it's not whatever you're thinking. It's just Matthew and I broke up and I was alone and I wanted to see y-" Camila started to sob.

"Shh shh it's okay." Shawn comforted the Cuban, holding her in his arms.

"I'm so sorry shawn. I should've broken up with Matthew sooner. Maybe we would be together right now instead and not you and whoever that girl is." Camila sniffled.

Shawn laughed.

"Mila.. that was Aaliyah and her friends. They wanted to stay the night since Aaliyah's apartment was getting refurbished." Shawn chuckled.

Camila felt dumb.

"You really thought I started to go out with someone else?" Shawns laughter fell.

"I love you. How could I ever replace you." Shawn teared up.

"I love you too. I'm yours Shawn. I've always been yours." Camila sniffled.

"It's always been me and you Camila. Always." Shawn murmured, kissing the Cubans forehead.

"Now it's almost lunch time so I want you to go home, relax and get ready for our first date tonight." Shawn smiled. Camila grinned.

"Be ready by 7. I'll pick you up." Shawn said as Camila got into her car.

She meant in to kiss him when he pulled away. She looked at him, confused.

"Wait until tonight baby." Shawn winked.

•••

And TADAAAAA. I don't know why this took me 4 frickin months to write and update. To the person who requested this (who wishes to stay anonymous) I'm sooooooo for such a long wait but here it isssss. I hope u like itttt

I'm updating more ;)

-Taylor💋