Remember

Narrator

Fingers twitched.

Knees moved slightly.

Eyes opened and uncovered two pools of honey, moving around rapidly.

He opened his mouth to say the words 'hello' but only his breath flew out of him. He tried to remember why he was here, what had happened, what was his name?

He couldn't remember anything.

It was around two minutes later a nurse showed up, noticed the patient was awake, and alerted the doctor, who entered just a minute later. He stood beside the bed and introduced himself.

"Hi, how are you feeling?" The male doctor questioned softly.

Shawn tried to get his words out but still couldn't get them out. What was wrong with him?

"It's okay, you'll be fine soon." The doctor said, noticing and knowing the cause Shawn's lack of response.

"Do you remember your name?" The doctor questioned. Shawn nodded.

The doctor lay a notepad and pencil in Shawn's shaking hands and asked him to write his name down. His hands barely responding to what he wanted them to do.

When he was done spelling out his full name successfully the doctor smiled a small smile.

"Do you remember anything else? Maybe someone's number so we can call them for you?" The doctor questioned again.

Shawn thought hard and only one number stood out to him. He didn't know whose it was or why that specific number stood out to him. But begrudgingly slowly he wrote out the number. The doctor nodded at the nurse and the two left the room, leaving Shawn in the same state of confusion.

•••

It was around an hour later that Shawn heard voices outside the hospital room. The doctor who'd been in his room and a familiar voice of a female. He couldn't quite remember who this female was but her voice was very familiar to him.

The door burst open a small woman entered the room, running towards him, bawling her eyes out. She leapt onto him, hugging him close.

"Shawn. Shawn. Oh shawn it's all my fault." She kept on muttering.

She backed away a bit to look at him and Shawn felt a strong urge to wipe her tears and hug her close. So he allowed it and so did his body this time, surprisingly.

"Do you remember me?" The girl sniffled.

Shawn thought long and hard, so much so his head began to hurt. He then shrugged his shoulders. He knew she looked familiar but couldn't remember. What was wrong with him.

"Do you remember what happened to you?" She asked, wiping her tears.

Shawn shook his head.

"About 12 hours ago you had a really bad car crash. So much so it sort of damaged a small part of your brain so it's hard for your body to follow the signals your brain gives it. That's why it's difficult for you to talk or move at all." The girl explained. Shawn nodded in understanding.

"And I know it's all my fault." She cried. "You came to my house Shawn. You wanted me back even though we'd broken up months ago. You cried and begged but I said no. You were a complete wreck and you left. After that you had the accident on your way home. If I hadn't turned you away this would've never happens to you, I'm so sorry." She broke down again, placing her head in her hands.

Shawns head began to spin. He closed his eyes and his mind went back to a few months again. Him and this girl fighting, then crying, doors slamming. Happy moments, sad moments, all the memories. Then, a large crash. Shawn opened his eyes with a small gasp.

"C-Camila?" He muttered croakily.

She looked up from her hands in surprise.

"Yeah Shawn it's me." She nodded with a small smile, cupping his face in her hands.

"I'm so sorry." She cried again, tracing his features lightly.

"It isn't- it isn't your fault." He coughed out. "You didn't know. How could you have know?"

"Have some water." Camila sniffled, handing Shawn the water from the side table. He drank it in a big gulp, feeling parched.

"I'll go tell the doctors you can remember more now." Camila whispered and began to walk out of the room.

Shawn gripped her hand.

"I love you." He whispered.

Tears resurfaced in her eyes and she smiled a small smile, "I love you too.. and I'm never turning my back on you again."

•••

Wow. I've been gone for more than a week but that's because I'm facing doom: it's FINALS week ugh 😭

But hey the worst ones are over now I only have my English paper left, my French paper, science paper, math paper, and my Spanish paper.

Easy freaking peasy.

Except for math.

Q: what subject are you the best at?

A: science or Spanish 🤷🏻‍♀️

-Taylor💋