The Bet

Narrator

"I bet you'll fall in love with me in a matter of weeks, Mendes." Camila challenged the taller boy towering over her with a smirk on his face.

"Ha, sure, it'd probably be you falling in love with me in a matter of weeks." Shawn challenged back.

"Hm. Wanna bet?" The Cuban smirked up at him. "We spend time together for about a month, and whoever breaks first, loses, and gets to do whatever the winner tells them to."

"Sure, Fine. But remember this, I'll be the one walking away while you speak your heart out for me." Shawn smirked.

The two rivals shook hands, securing their bet.

•••

Shawn Mendes was the jock of the school. The popular guy. Girls fell at his feet. Why wouldn't they? He had a killer body. He could get any girl he wanted. Yet, he'd been single for 3 years since his last relationship had fucked him over. He now used girls like toys. Spent one night with them and never contacted them ever again.

Camila Cabello was a new student at the school. With her long, dark locks, plump lips, eyes that shined like diamonds, and her 'bangin' body' as the guys called it, she was quick to take Shawn's spot on the popular list. And he didn't like it, not one bit.

From her very first day, the two had quarrelled like they'd been enemies for years. He hated her, she despised him. But none of them knew, that deep down in their hearts, they'd caught feelings.

Though, they were soon to find out.

•••

Day 1

The doorbell rung, and the Canadian groaned.
Who dared to disturb his sleep on a Saturday? Even though it was almost 3 pm in the afternoon.

He got up, grabbing his phone off the nightstand, and went up to the front door. The bell rung twice more on his way there.

"I'm coming, calm the fuck do-" Shawn stopped mid-sentence.

There stood, the Cuban, on his front porch, hands filled with a tray of .. food?

"What are you doing here?" Shawn asked the slightly smiling Cuban.

"I heard food is the way to a mans' heart, so this will definitely help me win, which I will." Camila spoke entering without Shawn's consent, and smirked, placing the tray of food on the kitchen countertop.

"You keep telling yourself that, Cabello." Shawn spoke, entering the kitchen behind her.

"Ha. Here." Camila spoke,taking off the plastic wrap from on top off the tray of food.

It was filled with all different kinds of foods. From a saucy looking pasta, some super cheesy looking bread, and .. chocolate chip muffins.

"How'd you know I love muffins?" Shawn asked quizzically.

"You do? I didn't know, I only had a muffin tray at home so I figured why not make muffins?" Camila shrugged.

"Mhf these are so good." Shawn said, already chewing on a still piping hot muffin. Camila giggled. It echoed in Shawn's ear, strangely making him smile a little.

"Okay, stop eating all the muffins you dingus, eat the pasta." Camila huffed, handing the warm bowl of pasta over to shawn.

"O..Kay." Shawn hesitated, then sat down and started practically slurping the pasta into his mouth. Meanwhile, the Cuban sat on another chair, scrolling through her phone.

Alright, my time to strike a move.

Shawn thought, as he finished eating the last bit of his food.

•••

Hiii sorry this was kinda short 🤷🏻‍♀️
but ur girl just went through her first breakup ✌🏼 yay..

Q: Ariana Grande or Taylor swift?

A: personality vise it's Ari, but I was a huge swiftie like a few years back so idk..

Part 2 coming soon btw

-Taylor💋