First Man

A/N: so almost two months ago I updated part 1 and 2 of this and promised a part 3... woopsie I forgot about it and I've tried to write a third part but I really have no clue what to write and I've forgotten the idea I had 2 months ago so.. I'm sorry..??? 😬😬

But here's a cute kinda sad fluff imagine to make up for it!

Narrator

"Dad I promise you'll like him. He's really kind and funny."  Camila spoke in a trying tone.

"We'll see." Camila's father, Alejandro, spoke gruffly.

"I've found someone I really like.. maybe for the first time.. so please just try to be nice today?" The Cuban rose her eyebrows.

"Fine." Alejandro sighed.

"Thanks papa!" Camila squealed wrapping her arms around her father before running off to her room.

Her spirits high, the Cuban got all dressed up for her boyfriend to show up for lunch to meet her parents. He's been really nervous but she knew that there was not one person in this world that could hate him.

•••

"Shawn!" Camila squealed leaping onto her boyfriend, as he stumbled a bit before wrapping his arms around her and holding her tightly.

"Come on." Camila pulled Shawn inside where h greeted her parents, handing a bouquet of flowers to her mother, and a small rose to Camila herself.

He shook hands with her father, nervousness creeping up on him. Together the Cabello family sat at the table for lunch along with Shawn.

"When did you two start dating?" Sinuhe asked her daughter as they all ate some homemade lunch.

"Starting of July." Camila grinned. Shawn held here hand under the table and she squeezed it.

"So shawn." Alejandro spoke up, "what're you doing nowadays?"

"Oh I'm on tour at the moment, just a few shows left." He ended sadly. Camila squeezed his hand comfortingly.

"So you're just going to leave my daughter by herself. This is a relationship you both have to make it work equally. Not just my daughter." Alejandro spoke loudly.

"Papa." Camila muttered warningly.

"I'm just saying, he should be more careful. He doesn't deserve you." Alejandro shrugged at his daughter.

"With all due respect sir, I love your daughter very much and I'm aware I don't deserve her. She's one in a billion and way too good for me. I'll never deserve her but I hope I'll always be just enough for her." Shawn spoke politely. This quietened Alejandro.

Camila smiled up at shawn slightly.

•••

"You're going with him?" Alejandro asked his daughter as she grabbed her coat and opened the front door.

She'd also made plans to go meet Shawn's parents and stay with him that same day.

"Yea, I'm gonna stay with him tonight." Camila smiled.

"Tell him to be careful." Alejandro rose an eyebrow.

"Papa, shawn doesn't drink and drive." Camila smiled rolling her eyes slightly.

"Alright. So you need another jacket under that coat?" Alejandro asked, grabbing his own from the couch.

"No I don't need it, it's not that cold tonight." Camila answered. Alejandro stared at his daughter

"Dad." Camila muttered and he hmm'ed, "Shawn's waiting for me outside." Camila chuckled lightly.

"O-oh yeah go ahead." Alejandro cleared his throat.

Camila sighed before moving towards her father and hugging him close surprising him. He didn't hesitate to hold her tight though.

"Papa. I swear Shawn's a good man. And I know you're gonna stay up waiting for me. Aren't you?" Camila looked up at me.

"How'd you know?" Alejandro asked his daughter.

"Mama knows a lot." Camila chuckled.

"Papa. I know you're protective of me. But I promise you, Shawn loves me and he'd never hurt me." Camila spoke, walking to the front door again.

She walked out towards Shawn's car who stood their, opening a door for her. Alejandro followed behind his daughter to make sure she was always safe. Camila got into the car and waved to her dad who gave her tight-lipped smile, forcefully. Camila noticed and made Shawn stop the car.

She got out, confusing her father.

"It means a lot to me. You were the first man who really loved me. Thank you Papa." Camila smiled at him softly.

Alejandro hung his head as tears shined in his eyes. He smiled a real smile. Camila planted a kiss on his cheek before driving away with Shawn.

"Say bye to mom for me!" She shouted from the distance.

Oh, You really love me

•••

Okay okay I know this is less of a shawmila imagine and more of a father daughter thing but I couldn't NOT make an imagine on this song.

Like I cry every time I hear this song I just- my heart 💓 🥺🥺

Also AHHHH this is the 50th imagine AHHHHHdjdjdjdje

Q: coffee or tea?

A: coffee 175%

-Taylor💋

.