Change (Pt. 2)

Narrator

Camila brushed her hair till it was perfectly smooth again, re-applied her lipgloss and mascara, and sprayed perfume all over herself. As soon as most of the plane was empty, Camila grabbed her suitcase and practically ran outside and then into the airport. She quickly got her passport checked again, hailed a cab and made her way to her hotel, the same one she knew shawn was staying at.

She knew it was very stalker-y of her, but she hadn't seen shawn in 7 years. Her only bestfriend ever. When she entered her enormous hotel room, Camila threw her bag onto the bed, fixed herself up a little before going down to the lobby.

When she was downstairs she waited a few minutes to see if shawn would come outside of his hotel room. She couldn't ask the hotel staff because all information was confidential. About 15 minutes later Camila spotted a group of giggling girls in a corner. She saw one with a Shawn Mendes tout hoodie and ran over to the group.

"Erm, excuse me.." she spoke in a meek voice, the 5 girls friend around and smiled politely.

"You're waiting for Shawn right?" Camila asked shyly.

"Yea, we've been standing here for the past hour waiting for him.." one of them sighed.

"I've been waiting too, do you all have any idea when he'll be out?" I asked them. They shrugged

"He has  a show tonight so he might be out of his room by 4 o clock, we still have 45 minutes until then.." another girl spoke up, groaning at the end.

"Oh okay, thank you." Camila replies quietly before walking away. Now that Camila knew somewhat of a timing she continued her way back up to her hotel room hoping to rest for a few minutes. She typed in the floor level onto the keypad inside the lift and the doors closed as the list started going back up. The elevator doors stopped a couple floors below camila's floor. Probably another person waiting for the lift, Camila thought.

As soon as the door opened, her breath got caught in her throat. There was her best friend standing right in front of her eyes. And she was practically frozen, her eyes glued to him.

"Uh.. is this down?" Shawn asked. Camila gulped and nodded even though she was going up.

"Awesome." Shawn spoke and entered the lift, pressing the lobby button. He was still unbeknownst to the fact that his bestfriend was standing right next to him, her eyes stuck to him still.

"Hey.. are you okay?" Shawn spoke but he got no response.

"Excuse me are you okay?" Shawn asked politely, scared the girl next to him might pass out.

"S-shawn.." Camil stuttered.

"Yes. Hi. You're a fan probably." Shawn laughed unknowingly.

"No.. " Camila answered. Shawn furrowed his eyebrows.

"I'm Camila. Remember me shawn?" Camila asked shyly, looking up at the tall Canadian.

"C-Camila? You mean Mila? Latin sass?" Shawn stuttered in shock and Camila nodded shyly, blushing at the nicknames he used to call her.

Just then they arrived to the lobby and the group of girls instantly noticed Shawn when the door opened. They rushed towards the lift but before they could reach Shawn pressed a button and the door closed again and the lift started going back up.

"Oh my god Mila.." Shawn whispered looking at his bestfriend. He suddenly hugged her making camila's heart beat wildly in her chest.

"You've changed so much, I didn't even recognise you!" Shawn exclaimed.

"Yeah.. I'll explain. Come to my room?" Camila asked as the lift stopped at her floor and Shawn nodded following her to her bedroom.

•••

It had been about an hour or so and Camila had explained everything to shawn. From since he left up till now. Shawn was silent, still processing everything in his head.

"Shawn.. say something." Camila urges nervously. She wasn't sure if shawn would be disgusted by the amount of surgeries she had gotten to change her appearance.

"I- I'm just stunned Mila.." Shawn whispered.

"You're no disgusted? Or disappointed or mad?" Camila asked nervously.

"Look Mila.. you did not have to change your appearance. You were perfectly fine and beautiful the way you were before but I'm not disgusted. It's your body and you can do whatever you want with it as long as you're not harming yourself seriously." Shawn explained.

"I'm so sorry I wasn't there for you when you needed me." Shawn muttered with guilt, placing a kiss on camila's ever so smooth, hand.

"It's not your fault shawn, you didn't even know what was going on." Camila giggled.

"I'm sorry for changing..." Camila sighed sadly.

"Change isn't bad Camila. Sometimes it can be good and sometimes it's exactly waht you need." Shawn explained "You didn't feel comfortable in your own skin so you changed some things about yourself and if you feel beautiful like this then no one's should be allowed to stop you or taunt you or mock you."

"I missed you Canadian fury." Camila mumbled, placing her head on shawns chest smelling his wonderful smell.

"I missed you too latin sass.." Shawn answered placing his chin on top of camila's head.

"And one more thing Mila.." Shawn murmured.

"What?" Camila answered, not pulling herself away from Shawn. Shawn held camila's face in his hands.

"You always were and always will be beautiful to me.." he muttered sweetly before placing a gentle kiss on her lips. Camila grinned as she kissed back. Once they pulled away they were smiling at each other like fools.

"Oh shit I have a show tonight!" Shawn realised looking the time.

"What do you say Mila, wanna come with me and watch me perform?" Shawn asked Camila and she nodded as Shawn and her ran downstairs giggling.

So.. don't be afraid to change. You may end up losing some parts of yourself but you might just end up with something that makes you happier.

•••

I did not know how to finish this up so I just googled a quote and then changed it up ahahshgdhs CHANGE 😂

Oke I'm gonna stop sorry

-Taylor💋