28. "I'm Here... Mina unnie."

Ring ring.

Mika turns her head to see her phone going off. She places the wooden kitchen spoon down before checking to see who was calling her. She was surprised to see Jeongyeon's name come across her screen. Wiping her hands down on the apron, the girl cranks the heat down low before answering the call.

"Yeoboseyo, unnie?" Mika says.

"Ah, Mika!" Jeongyeon says on the other line. Mika could hear the impatience in her voice.

"Ne?" Mika says.

"Is Y/NN home yet?" Mika looks around.

"No actually, she hasn't come home yet. How come? Is there something wrong?" Mika asks worryingly. Mika heard Jeongyeon sigh on the other side of the phone. "U-unnie? Everything okay?"

"Mina is sick." Jeongyeon says. "When we left your apartment, she was about to collapse. Tzuyu carried her into the van."

"Eh?!" Mika says loudly. "How did she get sick?!"

"She hasn't been getting enough sleep these days. The doctor told her to rest, but that's the problem..."

"What is it?" Mika asks.

"She can't sleep, not without Y/NN. She wants Y/NN here with us." Jeongyeon says. "We all do, actually. It's been a while Mika. Please, tell her to come over. Mina needs her... we need her."

Before Mika could speak, the front door opens to see a cheerful Y/N walk into the home. "I'll tell her unnie." Mika couldn't wait for a reply from Jeongyeon before ending the call immediately and going back to cooking her tteokbokki. "So, how did the audition go?" Mika asks looking to her best friend.

Y/NN smiles wide before dropping her duffel bag and raises both her arms up in excitement. "I GOT IN!"

"What?! No way AHH!" The two started to fan girl with one another. "Oh my god Jihyo! You actually got in!"

"Right?!" Y/N says. "I was scared because I'm not a really good dancer, but they said that they'll train me mainly for dancing so I can get better at it."

Mika nodded her head. The two head back into the kitchen because their cheering led them to the hallway. As the two got back in, Mika started stirring the food as Y/N sat at the dining table.

"Also, who were you on the phone with? You ended the call hella fast." Y/N explained. Mika knew Y/N had a sharp eye so she wasn't surprised with the question.

Mika sighs. "Jeongyeon unnie called..." she said. Y/N froze before looking down at her hands on the counter. She should've not been surprised, but yet she was.

"W-What did she call about?" Y/N asked. Mika turned off the stove and got a clothed coaster for the pan before putting it down on the counter and in front of Y/N. Mika looked st the girl as she wipes her hands down on her apron.

"Mina unnie is sick. You need to go see her."

• • •

"I-is she coming?" Mina asks. Jeongyeon sat at the edge of the bed. She placed her phone down before looking at the baby penguin girl in bed.

"Mika explained that she'll tell her. Y/NN wasn't home yet." Jeongyeon said with a thin smile. Mina frowns as she raises the blanket more up her face, hiding almost all but her eyes.

"I miss her. I want her here. Right now." Mina said softly, slowly, and loud enough for Jeongyeon to hear.

"I know Minari, we know." The older girl says and rests a hand on Mina's arm before rubbing it with her thumb.