58. The Talk

Previously on Twice's Manager

Hearing the door open and bell ring didn't stop the girls from looking at the shelves of food. But what did was the sudden name heard from another's lips. "Yah, Y/N, get whatever you want. It's on me."

Immediately the three turn around to see Y/N and her manager, Solar at the door with their masks on. Y/N had her hat tightly down her face to hide her facial features, but just looking at the girl the girls knew just who she was.

"Y/N..." Tzuyu called out.

The moment Y/N heard her name, Y/N froze. Her eyes widened as she meets eyes with the girl she has been avoiding for weeks.

"T-Tzuyu... unnie."

By now Y/N knew she couldn't run away any longer.

-

"C-can we talk?" Tzuyu asks Y/N, moving closer to the girl as Y/N slowly moved back.

As Y/N was close to touching the handle on the door, Solar stood behind her, making Y/N bump into her front. Looking over her shoulder, the younger girl sees the small smirk on Solar's lips. Y/N almost threw Solar out the door through the glass for purposely blocking her. Sighing, she turned back to look at Tzuyu.

Tzuyu looked at the girl with hopeful eyes. It was something Y/N has never seen before. The look of despair and need.

Y/N looked at Chaeyoung and Dahyun who stood behind the tall maknae. Chaeyoung had a star berry covered donut stuffed into her mouth like a happy child who just got candy. Dahyun tried to stop her from eating the bread so quickly.

Looking at the two girls who didn't treat the situation as the way it was and stayed in their own world made Y/N envy them slightly before biting her lip as her eyes meet Tzuyu's once more.

"Okay." She says softly. Tzuyu immediately went and grabbed Y/N's hand before leading her out the door without any say from Y/N's lips as to where she was leading her.

Tzuyu let her feet lead her to wherever it could with her hand tightly clasps in Y/N's. She didn't care who saw them or the fact that she just left Dahyun, Chaeyoung, and Solar alone, but who she did care about was this chance to be with Y/N alone once more.

The two ended up the small sandy beach a few blocks away from the bakery shop. Tzuyu and Y/N stopped walking as the two began to breath in and out a little out of breath from all the fast walking. It was dark and the only thing giving light was the few streetlights on the cemented walk-way besides the road.

Y/N looked down the whole time, at the dry sand, a couple feet away from the ocean. Tzuyu finally turned around and walks slowly closer in front of the younger girl.

"Why are you ignoring my messages?" Tzuyu asked. Y/N heard the sadness in the girl's voice. She clenched her fingers at the end of her long sleeve shirt, angry at herself for making someone like Tzuyu feel the way she does.

"Is it... because I confessed to you?" The silence gave Tzuyu her answer. "If you don't feel the same way back, I... I understand, but please, tell me it verbally instead or ignoring me. It hurts that you won't even look at me or say a simple word!"

Y/N jumped at the sudden shout before looking up. She didn't expect to feel a sudden drop of water fall onto her cheek. With her eyes wide open, Y/N gasped softly as she sees Tzuyu's known cold face be a sad disaster. Tzuyu's eyes were red with her tears cascading down her cheeks. Her cheeks alone were puffy from potentially crying earlier, and Y/N could not forget those pour lips that quivered as Tzuyu tried to prevent herself from letting out a simpering cry.

"I just... is it so hard for you to understand me?" Tzuyu asked.

"Unnie..." Y/N softly said. Clenching her jaw and hands. She looked down in anger towards herself and what her actions had caused for someone as previous as her unnie to cry. "Tzuyu unnie, I'm sorry." She says before going to grasp at one of Tzuyu's hands, tightly holding them gently before looking up at the tall girl with teary-eyes.

"If I'm being honest, when you kissed me, it was so surprising that I didn't imagine it happening... ever. I was terrified because of being potentially caught, but there is more than that..." Y/N sighed out. She raised her free hand up to wipe Tzuyu's tears away.

"I was also scared because... I don't know my own feelings yet unnie. I'm sorry. I'm a horrible person for you to love, and I'm sorry that I can't give you a forward answer to what I feel for you, but please, understand at least that." Y/N explained.

Tzuyu looked down at Y/N. Seeing Y/N in the amount of stress in her feelings and emotions. It made Tzuyu scared, scared of the bet. "I can't do this." Tzuyu cried out.

"Eh?" Y/N asked.

Tzuyu crouched down to her knees, her hands digging it's way into the sand as she cries out. "I can't do it!"

"Unnie!" Y/N fell down to Tzuyu's level in worry. "Are you okay?!"

"I'm sorry Y/N! I'm sorry I can't do this!" Tzuyu threw herself into the younger girl's arms. Y/N looked at Tzuyu in confusion.

"What are you talking about?!" Y/N asked.

"W-we..." Tzuyu stuttered out. "We made a-a..."

"Tzuyu! Y/N!"

Tzuyu couldn't finish her sentence as the two turned to see not only the rest of the maknae line and Solar, but the rest of the girls of Twice. Nayeon and Sana ran fast to Y/N's side before pulling her into a big bear hug.

"Uwwuuuu, I missed you so much Y/N-chan~" Sana says cutely as she rubs her cheek against Y/N's. She basically took her away from Tzuyu's grasp as Nayeon went to get the maknae up from the sand.

Y/N couldn't see it but Tzuyu was given a scary, smiling death look from Nayeon as she stands back up. "Hi, Tzuyu-ssi." She says.

Tzuyu gulped, her hands going into her back pockets. "U-unnie..."

"Well then, it's getting late isn't it?" Jihyo says as she stretches her arms up with a small groan. The smile on her lips made Y/N calm down and smile, too. "Let's get home. Y/N, you and manager unnie should also get on the road. Don't want you being out at night now~"

Y/N chuckles and nods her head. "Y-yeah, I guess." She says before taking one more look at Tzuyu being talked to by Nayeon as if she was being scolded by her mom. Y/N took note of what Tzuyu said earlier, but it just made her brain itch.

"What was Tzuyu trying to say?"