44. Self-Doubt

"I'm going to beat a bitch up if Cube thinks they can just confirm fake rumors without a fucking discussion." Taehyung swore, getting very pissed off.

The moment the fake confirmation was posted by Cube Entertainment, Bang PD-nim had Solar pick up Y/N from Twice's dorm and come to BigHit's company building. When Y/N had arrived, she was met with a very unhappy Kim Taehyung, angered that there were even more rumors about her. BTS treated their dongsaeng with such love like an older sibling. Taehyung brought her into a big hug the moment he saw her, asking 'you okay?'.

Y/N and Solar we're heading to the meeting room as suddenly, Y/N got a text. Checking to see who it was, she forgot she exchanged numbers with Soojin until now.

from: Seo Soojin
Hi Y/N... look I promise you it wasn't me who said we were 'dating' it was my company!! They told me this could be good publicity for my group and for you, but I never agreed to it!! I'm so sorry for getting you into this, I've seen the rumors that had spread about you before ): please don't be mad at me!! If you can, could you meet with me, my members, and my managers? We won't have anyone else with us, just the managers.

The girl decided not to reply back just yet. Y/N wasn't mad at her, she was pissed at the company. Being a fan of the group, she knew Soojin wasn't the type of person to just lie and say they were together, so she believed the girl, but it still didn't change the fact that fake rumors turned into a fake truth because of the company the girl was in.

"Cube has the audacity to kick HyunA sunbae and E.Dawn sunbae out for dating, but when rumors sparked of us seeing each other, they say it's fucking true without even discussing with the people being rumored about. This is some bullshit." Y/N vented to Taehyung.

"I swear I'll march into Cube with you and beat the crap out of their boss." Taehyung says. Y/N chuckles, not only because it was funny, but because she knew Taehyung would actually do it. The dude was scary when pissed off but luckily you've only seen it on the television screen when he was with his members. The boys treat you like their little sister.

"Y/N," Solar called out, making the girl turn her head after hearing her name. "PD-nim is asking for you in his office." With a nod, Y/N waved a bye to V and left to follow Solar to meet with Bang PD-nim.

"How you holding up?" Solar asked.

"Just an hour ago I was happily eating and cooking for Twice, now I'm here because another fucking rumor is going on about me, and it was confirmed true even though it's fake... what do you think?" The girl answered irritated. Solar frowns and pulls the girl into a side hug to comfort her.

The moment they reached Bang PD-nim's office, they knock before entering. They see the man sat at his table, his elbows on the desk as her hands were clasped together and his eyes closed. He was deep in thought before he saw Y/N and Solar come in. "Take a seat ladies." He says. Doing so, they sat across the man who sighed loudly.

"First things first, Y/N, it's a lie, correct?" He asked.

"Yes, it is." Y/N answered back immediately.

"Okay, good." He says with a nod. "I had a talk with Dispatch, they have a contract with me involving my boys to not be posted about. I guess that just because I don't let them expose BTS in that way, and they don't expose TXT, they thought that because I never had a talk with them about you, they could do whatever they want with you. And that does not cut out for me."

Y/N has never seen the man this pissed, but that was because she knew he cherished his idols so much and wished for their health and safety. If Y/N was to be rumored about so much, it hurt him because it wasn't true.

"What did Dispatch say?" Solar asked.

"They said what I exactly said basically." The man says and leans back in his seat tired. "Because I never had a discussion about the protection of Y/N, they had the right to just start whatever they wanted. Of course I wasn't happy and lashed at them, letting them know I could cancel their company as a whole if they believe they could take a dangerous path of play with me and my idols. I basically told them to watch their back because I could gladly cancel them, and that scared them enough to apologize and give us a couple thousand dollars for Y/N herself. Let's say they won't be crossing us any time soon."

Solar had let out a sigh of relief but looked at Y/N who was deep in thought. "Y/N-ah." The girl looks up to meet eyes with her boss. "What exactly happened?"

"Well Mina unnie texted me, she asked me to come over so we could play games. Before I went I wanted to get coffee so I went to the cafe. Soojin sunbae was in front of me and I didn't know it until later when she accidentally bumped into me and spilled her americano on me. She wanted to make up for ruining my hoodie and asked for my number so she could buy me a new one some time. That was it."

"Is it true, Solar?"

Being asked, Solar nods her head. "I watched from the car the whole time. Y/N actually tried to distance herself from the girl because she was close. All of what she said was true. All they did was exchange numbers."

Bang PD-nim sighs as he rests his head in his hands once more. "Dispatch, I swear." He curses under his breath.

"Is it my fault...?" Y/N suddenly asked.

"Eh?" The man says confused as he looks at the girl. Solar also looked.

"I mean, I don't meet Korean beauty standards, and I'm shaped differently. I don't have the pure white skin most idols are given, I'm Asian, but not in the category of Korean. Im the first female idol to be put into BigHit in so long, and also a solo artist. There's a lot that goes against me PD-nim, what if it's just me?"

The sudden outburst surprised Solar and the boss. They never expected Y/N to blame herself. "Y/N-Ah, it's not you, okay? You deserve to be here." explains Bang PD-nim. He fixes his position in his chair before looking at Y/N with soft eyes.

"You're in this company because you proved to not only me, but to your fans, to Solar, and to yourself that you can be an idol and inspire other females and males out there. You're different in a good way. Sure there will be hate, but remember there are good people, too. You're so talented and sweet inside and out. I've never seen you ever be rude to anyone in this company and you've always listened well. You even helped Moonbyul write majority some of your songs for your album. Not a lot of idols do that at the first bat. You're special Y/N-ah and you'll last long in this industry."

The compliment made Y/N feel better and smile, but for some reason, she still felt that little feeling in her.

That empty feeling that makes her think,

did she really make the right decision to become a kpop idol?

• • •

this is just a filler for the next chapter(s) to come (: I've gotten a new laptop and am so behind on homework's but will do my best to get them done and update more.

Next chapter will hopefully be more thrilling ♥︎