4

*Frank's P.O.V.*

I was getting off of work soon. I was happy for that, I was going to go ring shopping today. If I wanted to propose, I had to do it soon before I lost him.

I looked at the clock, 1:50 pm. 10 more minutes and I was out of here for the day. I didn't hate my job, I quite enjoyed it! My boss and I were good friends. Patrick Wentz. He just recently got married to his boyfriend, Pete, which was pretty cool! Patrick and Pete were good friends of Gerard and I.

I told Patrick about Gerard's condition every time he asked about him.

"I really wanted him to be okay." I said.

"He will. I'm sure he will."

"I mean, I have faith in him. But he's getting worse. I'm scared something's going to happen to him. Or he'll hurt himself."

"Frank, don't think that. Gerard's strong, he'll get through this."

"Yeah." I looked away, "Anyway, I'm going ring shopping today."

"Oh really? What's the occasion?"

I took a deep breath. "I'm going to propose to Gerard!" I smiled.

"Really?! That's great!" He smiled back.

"Soon, though. He just had another breakdown last night. He needs some time."

"Frank, if you really want to marry him then why are you waiting? You could be the one to save him from this. Maybe the proposal is all he needs to feel happy again."

"Because I'm scared, I'm nervous. Nervous 'cause well, everyone's to propose I guess. Scared 'cause..... What if it's too much for him right now? What if he can't handle it? What if he's not ready?"

"You're overthinking this."

"But it's true! What if he does?!"

"What if he doesn't?! What if he's waiting for this?"

I fell silent. Patrick was right. What if Gerard was waiting and I was missing the sign?

"See? Didn't think of that, did you?"

I looked down.

"Go get him a ring, you're out of here anyway." He smiled.

I gathered my things, said my goodbyes, and left.

*Gerard's P.O.V.*

Mikey, Ray, and Bob were still here. Frank was coming home soon, I wanted him to be here now. I wanted to hear him tell me everything would be okay.

I looked around the room at everyone else. Ray and Bob were watching TV, Mikey was on his phone, and me, sitting on the couch wishing Frank was here with me to cuddle me in and never let me go.

I miss him.

Every time he goes to work, I miss him.

I got up and started walking toward the bedroom.

"Where are you going?" Ray asked.

I shook my head.

"Gerard?" Mikey said.

I walked up the stairs, into the bedroom, shutting the door behind me. I laid on my side of the bed on my side. I started to think about all that Frank has done for me. What I've done for him before, when I was happy, I mean. I started shedding tears just by thinking about every smile, laugh, and all those sweet memories.

I heard the front door open and close. I knew Frank was home. I heard his beautiful voice through the halls.

Just then, I heard a knock on the bedroom door.

"Baby, it's me." He opened the door.

I tried to hide the tears.

"Are you crying?" He asked, "Hey, Gee, what's the matter? What happened?"

I turned on my back, I couldn't hide them anymore. I had to speak to him. I forced myself to speak to him.

"I- You've done so mu-ch for me." I pulled him closer for a hug, "I'm sorry, Frankie. I love you!" I sobbed.

He hugged back, stroking my hair. "I love you too. It's okay."

I took a few deep breaths, trying to calm myself down. Frank looked at me as I did so. "That's not the only thing that's bugging you, is it?"

I looked up at him. "..... No."

"Tell me. I'm here to help you. I want to help you. Okay?"

"Okay." I took a deep breath again, "Frank, we both know I'm not getting better. I'm getting worse, and I fear these breakdowns are going to make me do something. And I also fear that you're going to get fed up with me. PLEASE DONT LEAVE ME!" I begged.

"Gerard, I'm not ever going to leave you. Okay? I promise. I'm going to be here for you through whatever comes our way. I will never let you go. I'm here for you. Just open up."

"It's hard."

"Then just open up to me." He whispered, leaning closer, placing a sweet passionate kiss in my lips.