12

*Gerard's P.O.V.*

Frank was gone.

I watched him leave.

I could still feel his lips on mine, and I wanted them back. He always tasted so sweet.

I pulled myself away from the window and walked to the kitchen. My stomach was yelling at me to eat something. But I just couldn't. I saw no need to. So, I made some coffee instead.

I went back to the living room, sitting on the couch. I grabbed my sketchbook, realizing I was running out of pages.

Note to self: Get a new sketchbook.

Time was going by so fucking slow, I couldn't bare it. He had to work until closing; which was anywhere between 11:30-12:30.

Why he had to, I don't know. Patrick knows the state I was in. Unless, it wasn't Pat who called him in.....

"Calm down, Gerard. Everything's okay. Frank will be home later. But for right now, this is a test to see if you can make it without him." I told myself.

Yeah, that's what this is. That's what I had to think of it as. A test. How Long Can Gerard Way Go Without Frank Iero Or Anyone Else.

I can do this! I just had to try harder.

I decided to make myself something to eat, so my stomach could shut up. It was just half a box of Spaghetti.

I ate in silence.

Then, after I ate, I went back to the living room, turning off the lights in there. Then I made my way upstairs, into the bedroom. I got dressed for bed and laid down.

This was the first night attempting to sleep without Frank beside me. And I say attempt because I can't sleep. Mostly I just lay there with my eyes closed.

I sat up again, realizing that without Frank, I could here everything. The wind blowing outside, cars passing on the street, I could hear my own heart ache from being alone, without my baby.

I got up and walked back downstairs to the living room. I sat down on the side of the couch where Frank usually sits. I looked at the time, 11:37 pm.

"Time went faster than I thought it would." I thought.

I look around at the table next to the couch. I opened the drawer to find a couple papers, some of my sketches of Frank and- a small black, velvety box? I hadn't seen this box before. I picked it up and opened it, seeing that there was a ring inside. My eyes filled up with happy tears. Just then, I front door opened, revealing my pride and joy.

"Gerard, I'm home!" Frank announced. He walked into the living room and saw my in tears. He rushed over and sitting down next to me. "Hey, what happened? Whats wrong?"

"Nothing. I just-" I showed him the box with the ring in it. "What is this?" I asked.

"You weren't supposed to see that yet. I was waiting for the perfect moment. But, now that you found it, you deserve to know: Gerard, I'm in love with you. And I want to be in love with you for always. You make me happy and I wouldn't hurt you if it was the last thing I could do. So, with that," He got down on one knee, "Gerard Arthur Way, will you marry me and be mine not forever, but for always?"

I had happy tears streaming down my face at this point. "Y-Yes!" I spoke. I slid off of the couch, onto my knees, hugging him tightly. "I love you! I love you so- much!" I cried.

We pulled away. He took my hand and slid the ring onto my finger.

This was the happiest I've been in 3 and half years. I loved Frank and now I get to be with him for the rest of my life!

He wiped my tears away. We both sat down on the couch and cuddled. There was a comfortable silence between us for a while.

"So what did you do when I was gone?" He asked.

"Oh, I sketched a little, I made some coffee, I ate, I tried to-"

"You ate?!" He interrupted. I could hear relieve in his voice.

"Mhm!"

"What did have?"

"And half a box of Spaghetti."

"I'm so proud of you!" He said hugging me. I smiled and hugged back.

***

30 minutes later, we headed to the bedroom, I was still in my pajamas. Frank got dressed for bed, then laid down next to me.

I put my ring on the table next to the bed. I turned over and cuddled close to Frank.

"I'm so happy!" I said.

"Me too!" He replied.

I kissed his lips desperately. "Thank you!"

"For what?" He giggled.

"Everything!"