34

*Frank's P.O.V.*

That night, we went to bed. Geraed fell asleep almost instantly. I, on the other hand, had a rough time falling asleep. Nothing has happened in the last 5 months. No incidences, no breakdowns, no panic attacks, no fights, no nothing. Just Gerard and I being happy. And that's how I want it to be.

Gerard turned over on his side, facing me. His body absentmindedly nuzzling against mine. I pulled him in and held him. I couldnt help but kiss his forehead and say 'Goodnight' to him, even though he couldn't hear me. I then rested my head on Gerard's and fell asleep.

***

The next morning, my alarm rang. I turned it off and sat up, stretching.

I heard Gerard turn in his sleep. I looked back at him, "Gee, come on, get up."

He groaned then slowly sat up, rubbing his eyes. "Why?"

"You're going to Mikey's today."

I got up and grabbed my clothes. "When I get out of the shower, you better be dressed."

He groaned again.

I got in the shower and washed. When I got out of the bathroom, I could hear someone downstairs.

"Gee?"

"What?"

"What are you doing?"

"Looking."

"For what?"

"My sketch- there it is!" He said, picking up his sketchbook. He went through the pages realizing that there were no more pages for him to draw on. "Well... Fuck."

"That's okay, I bought you another one a few days ago." I said, going through a stack of books and papers on the coffee table. "Here!" I gave it to him.

His jaw fell as he took the sketchbook from my hands. "Thank you, Frankie!" He said hugging me and kissing my cheek.

***

We got to Ray and Mikey's apartment. I walked Gee to the door. Mikey let us in, telling us that Ray was still sleeping- he had the day off.

"Okay, Gerard?"

He looked at me.

"I'm gonna go to work, okay? I'll see you at 2." I kissed his lips.

"Okay. I love you."

"I love you, too, darling."

With that I kissed him on his lips again, then on his forehead and left for work.

*Gerard's P.O.V.*

I watched Frank leave the apartment. I wanted his lips back on mine. But I couldn't get that. He had to leave, and I had to deal with that.

"So, what up, Gee? How've you been?" Mikey asked.

"Fine."

"That's good."

I nodded.

"Anything exciting happening lately?"

I thought about it. "Well- Frank and I were working on wedding plans the other day."

"Really?! What are you guys thinking?"

"Well, we know we want it themed- we just don't know what we want yet. Um- the ceremony will be just a regular one, but the reception-" I smiled, "- It'll be a blast!"

Mikey smiled at me. This is the happiest he's seen me in months.

"Sounds like it'll be a really great wedding."

"I hope so."

"So, wait- I never got to see your engagement ring."

"Oh!" I brought my hand up to show him my ring.

"Gerard! It's beautiful! Tell me about this!"

"It didn't happen the way other people's do. Frank was at work one night- he was working 'til closing- and I got bored so I was just looking around. And I opened the drawer next to the couch and saw this box. I looked at it and it brought me to tears. Happy tears! Frank came home a couple minutes after and he asked me to marry him!"

Mikey was beyond happy for me at this point. "Oh, my big brother is growing up!"

"Shut up!" I laughed.

"What the hell are you two talking so loudly for?!" Ray came out of his and Mikey's bedroom, clearly pissed.

"Sorry, babe. We were just talking about Frank and Gerard's wedding."

"Oh okay."

"You needed to wake up anyway." Mikey handed Ray a cup of coffee.

"Oh thanks." Ray took the coffee.

Honestly, I was really looking forward to giving all of myself to Frank. I knew he'd take care of me and he'd love me for me. He would never turn away from me, and I loved everything about him. I have to tell him that!