36

*Gerard's P.O.V.*

It was 12:35 pm. Frank comes home in the next two hours or so. I wanted to cuddle with him.

Just then the phone rang. Mikey got up to answer it.

"Hello?..... This is his brother...... Yeah, I know him. Why?...... Are you sure it's him?........ Yeah, that's his name...." Mikey put his hand over his mouth. What's happening? "Okay, I'll tell him. Thank you." He hung up.

"What happened? Who was that?!" I asked.

"It was the p-police. Frank got shot this morning."

"WHAT?! No it can't be him! It just can't!"

"They said he's in the hospital." Mikey had tears running down his face.

"We have to go!" I grabbed my jacket and put on my shoes and left to Mikey's car

We got to the hospital. I ran in screaming Frankie's name. Mikey told the front desk lady what we wanted. Mikey led me to the room.

I walked in and saw him. "Frank?!" I said, my crying taking over me. "Frankie, please?!"

A doctor came in.

"Is he d-dead?"

"No, he slipped into a coma."

"What?!" I sobbed.

Mikey came up behind me. "I'm sorry Gee."

"No! He has to wake up! We're getting married soon! He can't die!"

"I'm sorry, sir. But we can't do anything with him until he wakes."

I fell to my knees. This can't happen! It just can't! "I need Frank!" I laid on the floor and cried, sobbed, begged for Frank.

"Gee? Gerard, listen to me, he'll be okay. Calm down. Okay? Please relax." Mikey said.

"I- I wanna go h-home."

"Okay. Ray and I will-"

"No, my home. The one Frank and I share."

"Are you gonna be okay?"

I nodded.

"Okay."

Mikey took me home and I sat in the hall, alone, without my baby.

"You'll be fine. Frank wouldn't want you to cry."

No, he wouldn't. And if he died, he'd want me to find someone else to make me happy. But I can't do that. I'll always love Frank. Him and I are supposed to get married and if he dies, I'm wearing his wedding ring and never taking it off.

"He's not gonna die, Gerard! Can you just shut up?!" My mind yelled at me.

I was just thinking about possibilities here. I want Frank to be alive and who ever shot him to be in his place. Frank doesn't deserve this. I didn't want him to think he did.

Now, I have to be strong for him. It's my turn to be the protective, dominate one in this relationship. I was going to make it, Frank was gonna make it.