7

*Gerard's P.O.V.*

11:45 am. That's what the clock read. Frank was coming home in a few hours, but I couldn't wait that long.

I put my boots on and went to get my leather jacket and bag. I walked out of the house making sure I had my key and locking the front door. I made my way down the street.

Frank worked at the little music shop near town center that sold guitars, drums, basses, sheet music, CD's, etc.

That's where I first met him.

*He stood behind the desk as I walked in.

"Hi! Let me know if I can help you with anything." He said.

'Yeah, you can help me in my ass.' I thought.

I smiled at him and nodded. I walked to the guitar section, looking at them.

"Do you play?" I heard him ask.

"Kind of. Why? Do you?"

"Yeah. I'm not that bad." He smiled.

I looked toward him.

"I think I've seen you before. Was it here or- No, the coffee shop!" He said.

"Probably. I spend a lot of time there." I said.

"Oh. You got to let me buy you a coffee sometime. Tomorrow after I get off? Would that be good?"

"Sure, stranger." I laughed.

"Oh, yeah, I'm Frank. Frank Iero."

"Gerard Way."

The next day, he bought me my coffee and a year or so later we were dating.

He was really something.*

I reached the door of the music shop. I walked in, seeing people I didn't know. Just then, I saw Patrick talking to Frank.

I walked over to them, they didn't see me coming. "Excuse me, I would like some help." I said.

They both looked at me. "Gerard!" Patrick hugged me.

I smiled. It had been a while since I saw him.

"Gee! What are- I thought you were staying home?" Frank said.

"I was lonely." I hugged him.

"Oh, honey."

"Plus, I hadn't seen the shop since we first met."

After Frank and I met was when my thoughts took over. When we started dating, these stupid voices in my head got darker and crueler.

"Right, right."

"Well, you're welcome to stay!" Patrick said, smiling towards me.

"Thanks." I spoke.

I stayed by Frank, or at least around him, for a bit. I watched him work. I loved how I could look at him and he wouldn't even notice.

I got up from the spot I sat in and looked around the store. I could feel Frank's eyes on me the whole time.

"Gerard?" He spoke, a little concerned and confused at what I was doing.

"I'm okay." I said back.

I looked around the store. It's been an eternity since I came here, now that I really think about it.

I found a corner that I noticed not a lot of people went by. I sat down there, pulling out my sketchbook from my bag.

*Frank's P.OV.*

It had been an hour and a half since I saw Gerard last. I saw Patrick walk passed.

"Hey, Pat, do you know where Gerard is?" I asked.

"Did he leave?"

"No, I would've seen him go."

"Hmm..... That's odd." He said, "He's got to be in the store."

I walked around the store, trying to find him. I finally did. He was so focused.

"There you are." I said.

His head snapped up.

"I was looking for you, Gee. Why are you sitting alone back here?"

He shrugged.

He wasn't talking again. That's not a good sign.

"Do you want anything to eat?"

He shook his head.

"Gerard." I took the sketchbook away from him so he focused on me, "Darling, you need to eat something."

He shook his head again.

"You can talk to me."

He looked at my hands, which were still holding his sketchbook. I handed it back to him. I knew I couldn't get him to eat anything, even if I tried. I thought about something to say to him that would make him do what I asked him to.

"You know, I was going to take you to the comic book store today."

He looked at me, his eyes went wide.

"Would you like to go?"

He nodded.

"Then you have to eat something."

He wasn't quite happy about that, but he got up. I gave him his sketchbook back, he put it in his bag.

We made it to the front of the store. "Alright, I'm going!" I called out.

"Have a nice night!" Patrick said.

Gerard and I made our way to the house.

Little did we both know that it wasn't going to be a "nice night".