35

*Frank's P.O.V.*

After I dropped Gerard off at Mikey's, I went straight to work. Patrick met me behind the counter, greeting me and having a small conversation about how things were nowadays.

"So, everything's good?"

"Yeah, for the most part."

"Good! I'm glad to hear that!"

I smiled at him, then some customers came in. All three of them were men, big and muscular. Not my type really but I couldn't stop looking at them. They didn't have any "love" feeling to them with me. I mean, why would they? I have Gerard, he's all I need. But there was something about these guys that really caught my attention.

I tried to find Patrick. The number one rule of my job was: If something or someone looks suspicious, TELL YOUR MANAGER!!! And that's exactly what I did.

"Pat, there's these guys out there and they look kinda suspicious, they keep looking back at me. I don't feel comfortable." I told him.

"Okay, let me go talk to them."

"Please be careful."

"I will. But I need you to go back to the desk, okay?"

I nodded, a little hesitant about going back out there.

I did anyway.

Patrick went up to those guys. "Hey guys! Can I help you today?"

"Nah, we're just looking."

"Alright. Well CD's are 50% off if you buy two."

"Thanks but again, we're just looking."

Patrick smiled and walked back to me.

"They're just looking, Frank. No need to worry."

"I don't feel comfortable."

"It's alright."

I looked back at the guys and saw one pulled something out of their pocket. I couldn't see what it was but I was scared for my life now.

One of the guys came over to the desk pulling out a gun and pointing it at me. I stepped back putting my hands up.

"Empty the register!" He demanded.

"No please!" I cried with literal tears coming down my face.

"Empty it NOW!"

I stepped closer to the register and pulled out all the money that was in it. I handed it to him. "Please don't shoot." I begged.

"Shut up!"

I was begging for someone to come in or something. GET ME OUT OF THIS!

I saw Patrick on his cellphone he looked out from his hiding place and put his hand in the air, telling me I was okay and the police were coming quickly.

But they didn't come quick enough.

BANG!