16

*Gerard's P.O.V*

Frank woke me up early that morning. "Come on, Gee, you have to wake up."

"No." I mumbled, hiding my face under the covers.

"Gee!"

"Alright! Alright!" I pushed the blanket away from my face and looked at him. He was standing a few feet away from me, hands on his hips.

I sat up and looked up at him cautiously. "Do I have t-"

"Yes!" He raised his voice, "You're going! You need it!"

"No I don't! I don't need to go back to that- that hell! I need you! and with you, I'm happy! I'm okay! I'm not a wreck! I won't breakdown! I just need you around, pull me back above the water, like in the past!" I said back to him, "What happened to that? What happened to us?"

"I don't know. We just- kinda- stopped, I guess."

I stood in front of him. "I don't want to be that couple that falls apart in the end. I want to be happy, and I want to be with you."

"Me too." He whispered, "But we are a wreck. We're a mess. But, I think," He put his hands on my face, "I believe we'll make it."

I smiled. I leaned forward, placing a soft kiss to his lips.

"But you're still going."

I groaned. "Why?! You know I hate it!"

"I'm not going to do this with you again. Darling, please, just get ready and we'll go."

"But I don't want to go!"

He took a deep breath. "Gerard, please? You'll be fine."

I groaned again. He threw jeans at me, hitting me in the face with them. I looked up at him. "Sometimes I really hate you."

"Ha!" He laughed in disbelief, "Right! I'll believe that when I see it!"

I got up, got dressed, and we left.

***

"You're a little late." Dr. Smith said.

"Yeah, sorry about that." Frank said.

Dr. Smith sat down behind his desk and looked at me. He saw I still didn't want to talk to him, so he looked back at Frank.

"How was his sleeping without the pills?"

"Better." Frank answered, "But, he took a nap yesterday and..." He trailed off.

I looked at him, completely clueless of what I'd done.

"And he had a breakdown in his sleep."

I did?

"What happened?"

"Well, he called for me. Then he screamed for me. And when I got into the room to tell him I was there, he kept screaming. He was shaking and he cried. He didn't stop until almost an hour after it started."

"When did he wake?"

"Half an hour after it stopped."

Dr. Smith looked at me. His eyes were hard and I was afraid to look into them.

"Gerard?" I looked up at him. "How are you feeling right now?"

I stayed silent for a few seconds until Frank gently squeezed my hand. "Okay, I guess."

"And did you know you broke down in your sleep?"

"No." I started breathing heavily and my hands started shaking.