26

*Gerard's P.O.V.*

I woke up the next morning to the feeling of someone sitting on my bed. I opened my eyes quickly and shot up. It was Bert.

"What is he doing?" I asked myself.

"He wants to fuck you! What else would he be doing in your bed?!" My mind yelled back.

"It's okay. I'm not gonna rape you." He said.

I still didn't believe him. "Why are you on my bed?"

He didn't say anything. He grabbed my wrists and pushed me to the wall. "If you tell anyone-"

I started screaming for someone to come in the room and get him off me, but he covered my mouth. My screams were muffled by his hand.

"Shut up!" He yelled.

I tried to squirm out of his grasp but I couldn't. He had a tight grip on me. He pulled me down to lay on the bed, I stared at him with eyes that said 'please let me go'.

Just then, there was a knock on the door.

"What?" Bert said.

"What's going on in there?" Someone asked.

"Nothing. Go away!"

"I heard screaming."

"I said nothing. Now leave!"

The door opened to reveal a girl. She was pale with long black hair.

"What are you doing?!" She rushed over to me.

"What the hell Amy?!"

She pushed Bert off of me and onto the floor. "Why do you always go after the new ones?! They don't want them to fear this place!"

"It's not my fault I wanna little fun!"

"You're a sick man, Bert! Get the fuck outa here!" She yelled.

A security guard came in. "Whats going on in here?!"

"Bert's messing with the new guy!" Amy said.

The guard picked him up off the floor and took him out of the ward.

I rested my head against the wall.

"Are you okay?" Amy asked.

I nodded.

"My name is Amy, Amy Lee."

"Gerard W- uh, Iero-Way."

She smiled.

"Gerard?" Dr. Catalina knocked on the door, "I heard what happened. You okay?"

I nodded.

"Alright. Oh, also, get ready. Mr. Iero will be here shortly."

Mr. Iero? Really? She couldn't say Frank? She can't say 'Mr. Iero' for long anyway, Iero-Way was going to be ours. Mr. and Mr. Iero-Way.

"See you later, Gerard." Amy said and left the room.

I laid back down in the bed. I have a feeling I'm gonna have to tell Frank about Bert. I have to. I can't lie to him. I won't lie and I would never try to. On purpose. I haven't even been here a week yet and already I was having problems with the people here. How would I bring that up with Frank?

"Hey Frank! Oh yeah, life here is quite different! Already someone tried to rape me!"

NO!

I can't tell him.

"You have to. When he finds out that you're hiding things, he'll leave you! Do you want that?"

No.

"Then tell him! You'll be fine."

It's not me I'm worried about, it's him. What if he can't handle it?

"You have to try."

I'm nervous now. What if Frank does leave when I tell him?

My body starts shaking.

What if he pushes me out of his life?

My breathing picks up.

What if I get stuck here for the rest of my life and I can't get out?

I begin to panic.

What if Frank refuses to help me and watches me drown?

I get up and leave the room, my mind is not in control of me right now. My thoughts are.

What if Frank will hate me for the rest of my life?

I walked into the cafeteria and into the kitchen. No ones there to stop me. I pick up one of the knives and go to the dining area.

"Frank will never love you! You deserve to be alone! NO ONE WILL EVER WANT TO LOVE YOU!"

I raise the knife and stab myself in the thigh. I scream and tears burst from my eyes.

"GEE?!" I look up to see Frank standing there. He ran over to me falling on his knees by my side. "Darling what did you do?! That was so stupid of you!" He kissed my head.

"I- I know. My th-thoughts took over and I'm- I'm sorry!" I sobbed.

Doctors came rushing in. Taking me to the medic station they have in the ward. Frank stood beside me the whole time, squeezing my hand every now and then.

They wrapped up my wound, telling me to take it easy on my leg. Then they let me go.

Frank and I talked in the visitor section.

"Why did you do that?" He asked.

"I was scared."

"Of what?"

I got quiet. I don't wanna tell him but I had to. "I- um- I was- almost-" I took a deep breath, tears threatening to fall. "I was almost raped this morning."

"What?!" Frank was furious. "By one of the patients?"

I nodded. "But yesterday was his last day, he's not here anymore."

"Oh sweetheart." Frank got up and sat next to me.

"I- I didn't wanna tell you because I thought you'd hate me, and leave me."

"I love you, Gerard. I would never hate you. And I'm not leaving you no matter what happens."

He held me for a few more minutes. "Okay, I have to go to work now, I love you. Be safe." He kissed me.

"No! I don't want you to leave!"

"Baby I have to. Call me later if you want to, okay?"

"Okay."

He kissed me again then left.

I put my head down on the table, thinking about what it would be like to go back home. I don't want to be here. I just wanna go home, with Frank.

___________________________________
Okay, so- yeah....

Hope you liked this chapter.

Um- to be honest, I don't think I have anything to say really...

Oh! The Italics in "" is Gerard's mind talking to him. Just incase you don't know, or were confused about it.

So yeah!

-LOOK ALIVE, SUNSHINE!