6

*Frank's P.O.V.*

I went to the living room, holding the ring box in my hand. I really wanted to propose, but when?

I was going to do it earlier today, but Gerard flipped out. All I wanted was him. Why was it so hard to drop to one knee and ask him to marry me? I guess I really was scared. I guess I didn't think he was ready.

I sighed. I leaned back on the couch closing my eyes, asleep in seconds.

***

My eyes shot open.

I didn't hear any crying or screaming. There was hardly a sound at all. I got up off the couch and went upstairs. I opened the door as quietly as I could, looking into the room. Gerard was still sleeping.

I relaxed myself. I thought I'd find him awake with his sketchbook or something.

I looked at the clock sitting on my side of the bed, 4:30 am. I walked to my side of the bed, took my pants off, putting pajama pants on instead. I got into bed and closed my eyes.

It wasn't long when I felt Gerard shake me awake.

"Frank?" He spoke.

"Hmm?"

"I'm scared."

"Why?"

"I- I had a night terror."

I turned to look at him. "Oh, Gee. It's okay, baby." I pulled him closer.

He cuddled into my side.

"Do you want to talk about it?"

He shook his head. "I can't."

"What do you mean?"

"I can't tell you without feeling like it's my fault."

"Gee-"

"I can't!" He said.

"Shh, honey. You're okay, I've got you."

He buried his face into my chest. He wasn't crying, just a little disturbed.

I kissed the top of his head. "You're beautiful, Gee. You're my one and only. I'd give anything and everything to make you happy. It kills me to see you like this. Baby, please, open up to me. Talk to me. I'm here for you and only you." I forced his head up to look at me, "You mean the world to me. Don't give it all up now."

His face said exactly what I thought he wanted to say. He was scared. Either from the breakdowns, the night terror, or both. I didn't care to know which one. All I knew is that my baby was broken and I had to fix him.

"You- you make me happy, Frank. I want to be there for you as much as you are for me. I need you. Every time you leave, it's like I'm just- this- ghost. I want you to stay with me, I'm scared you'll leave me and let me die. I need you, Frank. I do! I can't go on without you. You're my cure, my medicine. Please, please, promise me you'll never leave?" He begged.

"I promise you I'll always be with you."