19

*Frank's P.O.V.*

Bob stayed at the house with me for a few days. I think Ray told him to stay with me so I didn't do anything stupid or risky. But a little company was okay, I guess.

Each day I became more and more upset and I was slowly loosing hope. But I made that come back. I promised Gerard that I would never loose hope with him. It was just hard.

"Do you wanna go see him?" Bob asked me.

I slowly nodded.

We got into the car and drove to the hospital. I walked to Gerard's room and sat next to his bed.

"Hey, honey." I spoke. I felt like I couldn't even talk to him properly anymore. It was horrible to see him like this still.

I grabbed his hand and held onto it for dear life. I felt tears appear in my eyes. "I really want you to wake up. I'm going crazy without you. Just don't leave me here alone, okay?" I paused, "Okay. I have to go to work. I love you, darling." I kissed his forehead and slowly walked away from him. It felt like my mind was tearing me away from him.

Bob drove me to work. "I'll pick you up after your shift, okay?"

I nodded.

I walked into the music shop, not speaking to anyone when I walked in today. I was an emotion wreck and I'm pretty sure everyone could see it.

***

Half the work day went by and I still haven't put a smile on my face. Even the customers saw the change in me. That was never good.

Patrick came up to me while I was putting things away.

"Hey, you okay?"

I gave him a look, he knew exactly if I was okay or not.

"Frank, maybe you should come back when Gerard gets out of the hospital."

"Or dies." I said harshly.

"He's not gonna die."

"You don't know that."

"Where is your faith in him? What happened to the Frank that never gave up on Gerard?"

I didn't say anything.

"Frank," Pat put a hand on my shoulder, "he'll make it." He smiled.

"Now do you wanna go home and rest for the rest of the night.

That's when I lost it. I couldn't hold it back anymore. I fell to my knees and cried, "ALL I WANT IS GERARD!"

"Hey, shh, it's okay." He pulled me into a hug.

"I want him to come back to me!"

Patrick told someone to call Bob and tell him to pick me up.

Bob was outside the shop in minutes.
I walked out of the shop stopping in front of him.

"Couldn't handle it today?"

I shook my head.

Bob sighed. "Come on let's get you home."

I paused. "Can I go see Gee again?" I asked.

He stopped and turned back to me.

"You know they keep track of how many times you're there, right?"
I looked down.

"Get in the car, we'll go see him."
I got in and we left.

When we got there, I saw doctors rushing around and telling each other to move and go to assigned rooms.
That got me wondering what was going on. I walked up to the front desk.

"What's going on?"

"One of our patients, who has been here for a few days, they're heart monitor has stopped." The lady said.

"Who is it?"

"Sir, we can't share names."

"Please?"

"I can't."

"Please?!"

"Sir, I'd be violating the authority of the hospital."

"I NEED TO KNOW! MY FIANCÉ HAS BEEN HERE FOR A FEW DAYS, UNCONSCIOUS! AND I SWEAR TO GOD, IF HE DIES-"

"Frank, calm down. It wasn't Gerard." Bob said to me.

I took a few deep breaths. "I- I'm sorry. I just-"

"It's fine. It's not the first time that's happened." She said, "Gerard Way, is it?"

"Yes."

"You may go."

I walked to Gerard's room. The hallway seemed longer today.

I walked in and sat shut the door behind me. I looked up to see a doctor standing next to him. The doctor blocked Gerard's face from my view.

"What are you doing?" I asked.

He turned to me. "Hmm? Oh! Just doing some tests."

"Why?"

"I was told to take a few blood tests on him this morning."

"Have you done them yet?"

"No, I just got here a couple minutes ago."

The door opened and another doctor walked in. "Dr. Martin, what are you doing in this room?" She asked.

"I was told to come here and do blood work."

"No, no, no. That's in room 192. Room 182, which you're in right now, is the room I'm working in. No leave!" She demanded.

He left.

She looked at me. "I'm sorry for that. He didn't do any blood work did he?"

"Says he didn't." I spoke.

"Good. He already had blood work done. I'm Dr. Catalina, by the way."

"Frank." I shook her hand.

"I've heard." She smiled. "I also heard you've been having other doctor problems with his breakdowns?"

"Yeah."

"I can help with that too."

"Gerard and I will have to discuss it." I said sitting next to him and taking his hand.

She looked at me and smiled. "He seems to be doing okay. I think he'll wake up either sometime today, tonight, or early tomorrow."

I nodded. "I hope so." I choked out, tears forming in my eyes. I buried my face in Gerard's chest, balling my eyes out.

Dr. Catalina didn't try to stop me from crying, hell she didn't even try to make me leave. I think Gerard will like her as his next doctor. She seems to know what she's doing.

"Gerard, if you could just wake-the-fuck-up!" I cried, "Please?! I need you! I want you so fucking bad! Just- wake up!" I yelled.

"Easy Frank. Calm down, he'll wake."

"What makes you so sure?"

"'Cause I am."