24

Hi!! Again, thank you killjoys (and others) for reading this, it mean so much to me!

I want you to know that there are some new characters coming into the story. purplejelly17 and I collaborated and I think you'll enjoy our idea!

So yeah!

-LOOK ALIVE, SUNSHINE!

___________________________________
*Gerard's P.O.V.*

I sat by Bert during lunch, seeing as how he was the only one I kinda knew. He had a little group of his own 'cause when we walked in, there was a little group waving at him.

"Guys, this is Gerard." Bert introduced me.

"Ugh! You got a new bitch?!" One of them said.

"Uh-"

"No! I'm engaged to someone." I interrupted.

They all gave me a look. "Engaged? To who?"

"He's not here. He's probably at home."

"Ah. A guy."

Another one of them looked at me saying, "Why would you tell us you're engaged?"

I looked at him. "Well, you thought I was his bitch." I pointed to Bert.

"You two are roommates right?"

"Yeah." Bert said.

The guy leaned over to Bert whispering something that sounded like, "You gonna fuck him in his sleep."

Bert laughed. "Tomorrow's our last day here, guys. I don't think that's gonna happen before I leave."

"A gang-bang would work." One of them said.

I went pale. If that was gonna happen then I definitely didn't want to be alive. I looked around and saw someone looking at me. He was sitting alone. He gave me a sympathetic look, like he would help me. He was short, like Frank. His hair was down to his shoulders and he was wearing a hat. He got up and left the cafeteria, I watched as he did so.

I turned back around facing the group again. "Excuse me." I said and left the cafeteria.

I walked down the hallway and turned knocking into someone.

"I'm sorry! I didn't mean to!" I said.

"Oh, it's okay." It was that guy.

"I didn't hurt you at all, did I?"

"No, I'm okay." He smiled. He seemed really nice.

"I'm Vic."

"Gerard." I shook his hand.

"I saw you hanging out with Bert."

"Yeah. He's my roommate."

"Oh, I feel sorry for you."

"Why?"

"You saw all those guys around him? They have a thing for new patients. They just wanna get in your pants."

"Oh. Thanks for telling me."

"Sure. I just thought you should know. But the good thing, him and his little crew are leaving tomorrow."

I nodded.

"Nice ring." He said.

I looked at my hand. "Thanks."

"You're married?"

"No, not yet. Just engaged."

He nodded, "Cool."

Him and I went back to the cafeteria and sat down together.

"What are you in here for?" He asked me.

"Breakdowns."

"Bad?"

"Sometimes. You?"

"Self harm."

"Bad?"

"Sometimes."

Bert and his buddies came over to Vic and I. "You're leaving us for this fucker?" Bert said.

I looked up at him, my black, long hair in my face.

"Answer me, goddamn it!" He yelled as he grabbed my shirt, making the rest of the cafeteria silence.

I was still at a loss for words.

"Speechless are we?" He said.

"Bert, put him down!" Lindsey, Jamia, Matt and a few more of the staff rushed in, but he still didn't put me down.

"Please, let me go." I begged.

"Why? You're so pretty."

"Please?"

"Your fiancé is gonna have to learn how to share his toys."

My breathing picked up.

"Bert, put him down now!" Matt said.

Bert's friends watched him.

His finger trailed down my face and under my chin.

Matt came up behind him, grabbing him and pulling him off me. I fell clumsily to the floor, everyone still watching what's happening. Bert was taken out of the room. I couldn't see where from the position on the floor.

Lindsey came up to me, "Are you okay?" She asked, helping me up.

I nodded and say back down, across from Vic.

"Does he always do that?"

He nodded.

I looked down at my ring. "I almost had someone else claim me as theirs." I thought, "Frank is the only one who can have me as his. No one else! It's Frank or no one!"