37

*Gerard's P.O.V*

I woke up to the phone ringing. Seeing that it was Mikey, I answered it.

"Hello?"

"Hey Gee. How are you?"

"I'm fine."

"Do you want Ray and I to pick you up? You can stay here until he gets better or one of us or Bob could stop by to check on you?"

"No. I'm not gonna stay with anyone, I don't want anyone to come over. I'm fine, I can get passed this. If I'm gonna get over my separation issues with Frank then I have to do this. Alone. I mean, I may stop by but I'm not gonna stay."

"Okay. Just- don't do anything stupid alright?"

"I won't."

"I love you, big brother."

"You too, Mikes."

"Bye." He hung up.

I'm gonna get over this. I have to, for Frank's sake. He always takes care of me and now it's my turn to do it for him.

**2 Weeks Later**

I decided to walk myself down to the hospital to check on Frank. I got to his room and saw him laying in the hospital gown in his bed. The gown made him look so tiny.

I walked in and sat next to his bed. "Hi sweetheart. How you doing?" I paused like he was actually going to answer. "I'm okay, I guess. I miss you. I refused to stay with Mikey until you got better. I figured it would help me get over myself as you know. I also told him not to let anyone come check on me. I can do this. You have faith in me, right? Of course you do. you always do."

"I thought you'd be in here." I turned to see my brother and Ray coming into the room.

"What are you doing here?"

"Well, we went to the house first but you weren't there so we thought you'd be here."

"Why do want me?"

"Ray and I are gonna go get something to eat and we wanted to know if you wanted anything."

"I said I'd be fine and I didn't want anyone checking on me."

"Gerard, I'm your brother. I'm gonna check on you whether you like it or not."

I sighed. "Fine."

"You don't have to come with us if you don't want to." Ray said.

"I probably should. Frank'll kill me if I don't eat." I turned back to Frank. "I'll come by later tonight, okay? I love you baby." I kissed his lips, then left.

We got in the car and I felt tears pool in my eyes but I quickly pushed them back.

"Gee, it's okay to cry." Mikey told me.

"I- I just- just-" And I lost it. I cried and sobbed and hit the backseat of the car. "I can't do it! I want him back! I n-need him back! He has to wake up! H-he has to!"

Mikey got out of the car and sat in the backseat with me, comforting me. "It'll be okay. He'll come back to you. Relax Gee."

I took a few deep breaths, my breathing still heavy but I wasn't crying anymore.

We had an early dinner at a diner. It was pretty good. Mikey and Ray kept a good eye on me and my eating. They thought I didn't notice, but I did. We finished eating and we were waiting for the check when my phone rang.

"Hello?"

"Hello. Mr. Way?"

"Yes?"

"Hi! It's Dr. Catalina!"

"Oh hi!"

"I have some news."

In the background I heard my name called.

"I-Is that Frank?!"

"Yes! He's awake! And he's calling for you."

"Oh my God! I'll be right there. Tell him I'm on my way!" I hung up. "Guys! Frank's awake, I have to go see him!"

"You guys go ahead, I'll bring the car over." Ray said.

I grabbed Mikey's arm and dragged him to the hospital.

We got to Frank's room and he whined for me to come over.

"Baby, I missed you so much!" I said and hugged him tightly.

"They-They shot me a-and I blacked out and I-" he began to cry.

"Shh, darling. It's okay. They've been taken care of."

"I wanna go home." He said.

His eyes held so much sadness in them. "You'll be able to soon, okay?"

"I wanna go home now!" He demanded.

Dr. Catalina came into the room. She did a couple tests on him. "Alright, well, he can leave but be very very careful with him."

"Thank you, I will." I said helping Frank up.

___________________________________
Okay so,

I've decided that there is gonna be one chapter left. (maybe).

Thank you all for reading, voting, and commenting. I really love you guys so much! :*

-LOOK ALIVE, SUNSHINE!