30

*Gerard's P.O.V.*

The next morning, I woke up before Frank. He still had to work today, still had to get up early, still had to deal with me.

I let my eyes wander over his beautiful features. How is hair laid around his face, how his eyes fluttered when he was dreaming, his mouth was partially open, and his light snores filled the room.

His alarm rang at 7:00 am, as usual. He slowly woke himself up and turned it off. He turned to look at me.

"Did you sleep?"

I nodded.

"When did you wake up?"

"A couple minutes ago."

He nodded in understanding then got up and went to the closet to get his clothes.

"I was expecting you to still be asleep. I mean, we did stay up late last night."

"No, I'm okay." I sat up.

He turned to me. "Gee, you should really sleep."

"I'm fine." I said a little annoyed.

He got dressed without saying another word to me.

"Can I-" I stopped.

He turned to me.

"N-Never mind."

"No, tell me. What's wrong?"

"Nothing's wrong. I just wanted to ask you if I can go to work with you?"

"Sure!" He smiled.

***

We got to his work, I was greeted by Patrick. I sat in a stool a couple feet away from the front desk. Frank kept his eyes on me while he worked. i didn't mind, I caught him looking at me too.

It was 11:30 am, I was getting a little tired. I was lost in a daydream, when I heard my name called.

I looked up at Frank, but he didn't say anything. I looked in front of me and saw Vic from the ward.

"Vic?"

"Hey."

"What are you doing here?"

"My new boyfriend, Jaime wanted to come here. He's looking for a new bass."

I nodded.

"What are you doing here?" He asked me.

"I'm here with my fiancé, Frank." I pointed to him behind the desk.

Frank turned to look at me and smiled.

Vic waved to Frank, Frank returned the wave.

"Vic, come on! We gotta go!"

"That's Jaime. I'll see you another time."

"Bye."

***

Frank and I went home. We both sat across from each other at the table in the kitchen.

"Who were you talking to at the store today?"

"Vic."

Frank's face fell.

"I met him in the ward. He just got in a relationship with his best friend." I smiled, "Kinda like you and I." I looked back up at him.

He got up and walked over to me. "You do know I love you, right?"

"You don't believe me?"

"I just want you to know I do."

I looked at my hands in my lap.

"Gee?"

"You don't- believe me."

"No, baby, I do. I do!" His hands covered mine in my lap, "I just wanted you to know-"

"NO!" I got up and rushed out of the house.