He brings home a pet

Calum

I shut the door and took off my jacket as I put down my keys.

"I'm home!" I yelled. After a moment, Calum appeared.

"Hey, baby." He smiled as he kissed me.

"Hey." I spoke.

"You know how you love me?" he asked.

"I'm aware of this." I nodded.

"Can we get a dog?" he asked.

"No, babe, too much work, we've been over this." I sighed.

"Um, wrong answer." He laughed sheepishly, awkwardly scratching the back of his head. My eyes widened.

"You haven't..." I muttered.

"I'm sorry, baby, I couldn't resist." He winced.

"Calum Thomas Hood!" I exclaimed.

"Okay, I went to the pet shop because Mali asked me to buy her cat some food, and then I saw her, and she looked so lonely, and I couldn't just leave her!" he explained.

"You could have! Some spoiled five-year-old would have convinced her parents to buy her!" I groaned. Suddenly, a chocolate Labrador puppy came running out. My eyes widened.

"Oh, come on, this isn't fair, you planned this shit out!" I squealed as I knelt down to stroke her.

"What do you mean?" he asked innocently.

"Don't play dumb with me, Calum, you know fine well that I love chocolate labs and you knew that I wouldn't be able to say no." I sighed as I picked her up.

"So, can we keep her?" he asked hopefully. I sighed.

"Fine, but when she shits, you're picking it up." I spoke.

"Thanks, babe." He smiled before kissing me.

Luke

"Happy birthday, babe." Luke whispered as he kissed down my neck. I opened my eyes and smiled at him.

"Thanks, baby." I smiled. He returned it before leaning down and pressing our lips together.

"Come on, I have a surprise for you." He spoke as he climbed out of bed.

"Oh, come on, it's my birthday, let me lie in." I whined.

"It's already 9:30am, baby girl, we're burning your birthday daylight." He chuckled.

"Five more minutes." I sighed, closing my eyes again. Suddenly, I felt two arms lifting me up bridal style and out of bed as Luke carried me to the door.

"I can walk, Luke." I chuckled.

"Not on your birthday, you can't." he smiled at me.

"Okay." He spoke as he got to the bottom of the stairs and put me down before covering my eyes.

"Luke." I whined.

"One second, babe." He chuckled as he walked me forward.

"Okay. And, open." He moved his hands. My eyes widened as I saw an adorable terrier puppy sitting on the floor with a ribbon tied around her collar.

"Oh, my god, you didn't!" I squealed as I hugged him.

"I remember you saying that you had a terrier when you were a kid and they were the best years of your life, so I thought that I would get you one." He shrugged.

"She's so cute!" I smiled as I picked her up and hugged her.

"Her name is Trixy." He spoke.

"Thank you so much, Luke, I love you." I smiled as I kissed him.

"Happy birthday, baby." He chuckled.

Michael

I closed my book as I heard the front door shut, signalling that Michael was home. I went out to greet him.

"What took you so long?" I asked. His eyes widened.

"Er, roadworks." He chuckled.

"Really? Because you went out for groceries two hours ago. The shop is a five-minute drive, and you have no groceries." I spoke, cocking my head to the side. His eyes widened further and he muttered something under his breath. Suddenly, his jacket moved.

"Michael, did you bring something unwanted home?" I asked.

"Pfft, no, why would you think that?" he laughed nervously.

"Your jacket's moving." I sighed as I heard a purr.

"And purring as well, by the sounds of it." I spoke.

"I'm sorry, I couldn't resist." He chuckled as he gently removed the tabby kitten from his jacket.

"Oh, my god, she's adorable." I smiled as I immediately took her and started to cuddle her.

"Babe, I know that you said no to pets but she's really-wait, what?" Michael asked.

"I said that she's adorable." I reiterated.

"Does that mean that we can keep her?" he asked hopefully.

"Sure." I nodded.

"Oh, thank god. I love you so much." He chuckled as he kissed me.

Ashton

I opened my eyes as I felt the baby kicking.

"Calm down, baby boy, daddy will talk to you soon." I whispered as I rubbed my stomach.

"Ashton, the baby wants to talk to you." I spoke as I turned around to see his side of the bed empty.

"Ashton?" I called out. I got up as I heard the front door open. I walked down the stairs to see Ashton shutting the door.

"Oh, hey, babe, what are you doing up?" he asked as I walked towards him.

"Your son wants to talk to you." I sighed as I rested my hands on my bump.

"He been kicking again?" he chuckled, making me nod.

"Where did you go?" I asked.

"To get this." He smiled, revealing a black and white kitten.

"Oh, my god." I sighed.

"What? You don't like him?" he asked.

"Babe, you're allergic to cats and there's a good chance that the baby will be too." I spoke.

"I know, but-." He sneezed, cutting himself off.

"It's started." I chuckled.

"Please, babe. I read somewhere that kids who grow up with pets grow up happier. And I thought that since we've still got three months until he arrives, we have time to train the kitten." He shrugged.

"You're still allergic, baby." I sighed.

"I'll get a prescription for my allergies. Please, just let me keep him." He begged, making me sigh.

"Fine. But if our son also has allergies, the kitten is going straight back." I warned before walking into the kitchen.