Luke is your best friend and Ashton is your crush

Luke / Ashton

"No." Luke shook his head as he paced my bedroom floor. I rolled my eyes at the sight as I lay on my bed.

"Jesus, you're so protective." I sighed.

"Not letting you go on a date with Ashton isn't being protective." He shrugged.

"It is when it's the twentieth date that you've stopped me from going on." I muttered. He stopped and looked at me.

"You keep count?" he scoffed. I nodded, making him roll his eyes.

"Look, I'm not sure why you're so against me going on a date with him." I sighed.

"He's not good enough for you." He admitted.

"How can you say that? He's your best friend!" I exclaimed.

"Yeah, but nobody is good enough for you." He muttered. I sighed.

"Look, I appreciate you looking out for me, but you know that Ashton's a good guy who isn't going to hurt me." I said.

"I know, I just don't want to lose you." He admitted.

"Just because I start seeing someone doesn't mean that you're going to lose me. You're my best friend, you'll never lose me." I promised as I hugged him.

"Thanks, Y/N." he sighed into my hair.

"Now, Ashton is going to be here in half an hour, help me pick what to wear." I smiled.

"Okay." He chuckled.